E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > We bought a 2012 Honda Fit...Like it. :)

06-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

We bought a 2012 Honda Fit...Like it. :)

So we just bought a 2012 Honda Fit Sport as a DD/run around car.

Storage space is phenomenol, the back seats fold both back up and in, leaving 4' of storage space, and also flat forward as well.

Car runs, starts and stops at a liesurely pace, but to be expected with the sewing machine under the hood, front disks and rear drums. Has a slight problem in maintaining speed in Atlanta traffic on I-75 north of 70+mph, but it just takes it's time. Payback is in the MPG, of course.

Fit and finish are typical Honda, plain, simple easy to read and operate controls.

We looked at used prices and holy cow, these things hold their value. Saw 2008's with 60K miles on offer for 15K...wtf? Not sure if they are really getting these prices but there are not a lot on the market.

So far only have a few hundred miles on the car, but definetely liking it.

...and, we now own two cars on Car and Driver's 10 Best List hehe.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Yeah, they're pretty functional little cars. My wife and I are down to one car as we both work about two miles from home, but I still might buy a basic car, trying to decide between a Fit and a Jeep Wrangler at the moment. It would be nice to have a car that I just don't really care about the appearance for shuttling bicycles and dogs around.
Appreciate 0