E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Headlight malfunction

12-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
ejosh99
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Headlight malfunction

I'm seeing some strange stuff with my headlights. I have an 06, E90 with the adaptive Xenon headlights.

Neither the low beam or high beam will work on the right headlight. Replacing the bulb did nothing to change this. The angel eye stays illuminated at all times. The odd thing is that the angel eye on the drivers side headlight never illuminates at all.

Does anyone have any clue what could cause this behavior?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
ejosh99
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Update: Mechanic says the issue is with the "control module." My assumption is that he is referring to the FRM. This will cost 500 to replace and 130 for the installation. Is this something i should pursue purchasing and installing myself? I assume that it will require some sort of coding, which intimidates me a bit.
Appreciate 0