E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Brian Jessel BMW sold CPO w/ bent wheel.

08-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Brian Jessel BMW sold CPO w/ bent wheel.

After 2 days I found out my tires were installed backward.
255 was in front, 225 was in the rear.

after 3 days later I went to Brian Jessel for tire installation.

After I took highway, I felt huge vibrating on the steering wheel.
( I did not feel this when tires were installed backward ) I assumed it is probably tires were installed backward before.

A week later they did tire rotation, and it reduced the vibration but I still felt vibration on steering wheel and my butt felt wobbly.

I went indy shop and they told me the front right wheel is bent. No matter how you do it, it will give me vibrating because the wheel is bent. He told me I could put bent wheel in the rear, but he ask me if I have staggered, and I told him Yes, he says then never mind, you should go repair the wheel.

Now I have question, do you guys think Brian jessel was aware of this situation? Is this why they put front wheels in the rear to avoid customer dont feel vibrating on test drive?

I have appointment tomorrow for annual oil change and some other minor issue, I am going to tell them this and see what they are going to say.
any thought?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Blackzroadster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 xdrive M performance

i can honestly say they won't do that. I work for BMW/MINI, and each car that goes through CPO is looked after carefully. The mechanic who did it would be in big trouble if he missed something so simple.

A wheel and tire is a big safety factor they wouldnt have skimped on , I doubt they did it purposefully. Someone must have dropped the ball on this one. Go talk to the SM of Brian Jessel about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Can you even FIT 255 in the front without massive rubbing?

It doesn't make sense cause I'm reading it as day 2 came first, but then day 3 goes by and by the sounds of it you've never looked at or seen the way they were installed and you're just making an assumption. I don't know how it sounds a little confusing or is it just me?

On staggered directional set-ups you can't do a tire rotation. . .
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Stock suspension no

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90MCF View Post

It doesn't make sense cause I'm reading it as day 2 came first, but then day 3 goes by and by the sounds of it you've never looked at or seen the way they were installed and you're just making an assumption. I don't know how it sounds a little confusing or is it just me?

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by engotski View Post
Stock suspension no
2nd/3rd day from dealer, it still doesn't make sense.

If I ran 255's on the front, I probably would not have wheel wells or fenders after a couple turns. . . If that.
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

There was absolute NO RUBBING w/ 255 tires in the front.
XI sit higher in front than normal I... maybe that's why no rubbing I guess?
What I dont understand is rear wheels w/ 255 tires were in the front. If 225 tires on rear wheel was on front, it could be just mistake.

I haven't looked tire carefully when buying the car. I know the tires were brand new as they say and I only checked the tire tread lol.
Who would have thought tires were installed backward........ good thing I found it out after 2 days after I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzroadster View Post
i can honestly say they won't do that. I work for BMW/MINI, and each car that goes through CPO is looked after carefully. The mechanic who did it would be in big trouble if he missed something so simple.

A wheel and tire is a big safety factor they wouldnt have skimped on , I doubt they did it purposefully. Someone must have dropped the ball on this one. Go talk to the SM of Brian Jessel about it.
well, maybe I am unlucky man?
I dont know if they check the car carefully...
when on test driving, I found the cigar jack isn't working.
seat belt at passenger side isn't working (this car have comfort acess).
There was window rubber trim missing <-- I found out this a week later I bought the car.
I couldn't not locate that until my friend told me so.
Most important thing is they put wheels backward. I mean why this car...? Both rear wheels in the front....
Anyways, I will let you guys know! Hopefully they can repair the wheel for me and include the rubber trim piece installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90MCF View Post

it wasn't tire rotation.
wheel was installed backward. What they did was putting front wheels to rear, rear wheels to front. So they just switched them back.

and XI sits very high in the front, so I guess there was no rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 07 E90 328i Sport

How long ago did you get the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #10
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

it has been about a month now.
booked for an appointment 2 weeks ago, tomorrow is the day.
Appreciate 0