E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My BMW extended warrenty review - the dreaded clutch judder

02-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
bmwspeed01
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Touring

My 320d touring has this dreaded clutch judder mainly when cold or sometimes starting off or in heavy traffic. I thought it was just me because it seems to come and go its not a constant problem, so I am relieved to come across this forum and know I'm not alone. I've only had my car two weeks and it's booked to go back into Stephen James BMW in Bromley for investigation. My car has only covered 28000 miles and after a lot of haggling they have agreed to have a look at the car. Very nervous week ahead starting from monday! I'll keep you informed.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #24
stringy93
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwspeed01 View Post
My 320d touring has this dreaded clutch judder mainly when cold or sometimes starting off or in heavy traffic. I thought it was just me because it seems to come and go its not a constant problem, so I am relieved to come across this forum and know I'm not alone. I've only had my car two weeks and it's booked to go back into Stephen James BMW in Bromley for investigation. My car has only covered 28000 miles and after a lot of haggling they have agreed to have a look at the car. Very nervous week ahead starting from monday! I'll keep you informed.
Same symptoms as mine was showing mate, let us know how you get on 😎
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #25
bmwspeed01
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringy93 View Post
Same symptoms as mine was showing mate, let us know how you get on 😎
I picked my car up today and they replaced the clutch and flywheel under warranty It's now much lighter and smoother to operate. The only explanation I got was the clutch being defective due to a high spot so they replaced both. I didn't hang around for a better explanation incase they charged me so I was away on me toes and out the door!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #26
stringy93
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwspeed01 View Post
I picked my car up today and they replaced the clutch and flywheel under warranty It's now much lighter and smoother to operate. The only explanation I got was the clutch being defective due to a high spot so they replaced both. I didn't hang around for a better explanation incase they charged me so I was away on me toes and out the door!
Result mate! glad it got sorted
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #27
bmwspeed01
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringy93 View Post
Result mate! glad it got sorted
Not often you get an official BMW receipt saying,

Replaced clutch and flywheel.
under warranty
Net 0.00
V.A.T 0.00
Total 0.00
Paid 0.00
Owing 0.00

It was an anxious wait until I got that phone call saying yes the clutch is faulty and it will be replaced at no cost to you sir!
Appreciate 0