E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Beware of **********s... [Update: resolved]

Closed Thread

08-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
racerx72
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 Coupe

Beware of **********s... [Update: resolved]

UPDATE: Well, I did get a call from Ron at **********s and they are going to refund my money. I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent.

This will be a lengthy post, but worth a read if you have done, or are planning on doing business with these guys.
Back in April I ordered a set of VMR 19" wheels from European Auto Source. After waiting a while I called **********s to see what their status was on these wheels. I talked to Ron who stated "we have the entire container that is coming in so if you want these wheels, you better order from us." Well, I cancelled my order from EAS and ordered a set through Ron in April. They made me sign a 50%, NON-REFUNDABLE contract which I did. The reason I did this was because I was promised that my order was in that container that was coming in. Well, weeks go by and no wheels. More weeks go by and no wheels. Finally towards the end of June I finally track down the shipment.
I check with Velocity Motoring (US Supplier to everyone) and **********s...the wheels are in, clearing customs. I then get an email from their wharehouse stating that their large shipment came in and that my order was covered.
I then get a call from some manager stating that "Well, unfortunately, your order was number 32 and we only got in 31 sets of wheels!!!!!!!""
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You charged my credit card the FULL amount, $998 in APRIL, it is now JULY and you have the gall to tell me my order was not filled? How is it possible that you didn't know that you didn't have my order on that container? You knew all along you couldn't fill it. And, you made me sign that 50%, NON-Refundable contract to lock me in to doing business with you.
I asked to cancel my order. I am sorry, the deal that I had was for the wheels in the container that you promised would be covered. You failed to deliver on that. Yes, you did offer the AluFelgens at the same price, but I am sorry. After getting jerked around for 90 days, I didn't want to listen to your stories, or broken promises again. I cancelled my order with **********s.
And now, the worst part of the story. I called my credit card company to refute the charges. **********s sends on their 50% contract. (Theft in my opinion. Why should I pay you $492 for NOTHING?)
So now I am stuck paying these clowns $492 for the nightmare of a business experience and nothing to show for.
If you order ANYTHING from these guys, do not sign that 50% form. All it will do is ensure these jokers get 50% of your money, regardless if they deliver anything to you at all, at any length of time.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
bill1718
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i ///Msport

wow was going to order wheels from them too now def not
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
dryan81
Sh!t happens, cough it up.
United_States
Rep
Drives: daily

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
...shady or not... you and only you signed the contract thereby making you liable to the stipulations of said contract. Yes, it's poor business for **********s to operate this way, but you can only blame yourself for not reading the fine print. You are doing the right thing and letting people know about the policy.

The worst case scenario, is that you pay the $492 and get nothing in return. Don't let that happen. Become a pest, a nuisance, call everyday, email everyday, and push to get something for your money.
      08-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
JuppiOne
Captain
Rep
Drives: everyone crazy

I thought my law, a merchant cannot charge a customer's credit card until the merchandise shipped to you (the day they ship confirm it at their warehouse, not the day you received it)? try dispute the charges with your card issuer, the mnerchant has to show prove that they ship the merchandise to you, in this case, they can't prove anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

We have been working to help this customer out and in no way wish to disregard any customer, not something we do as many of our customers are aware of this. We have followed the VMR guidelines for pre-orders and have looked at solutions to help the exception as in this case.

We are committed to making every customer happy and appreciate every order that we receive. We would be happy to address this issue with the customer privately over the phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
I am with the OP here. No company should make you sign things like this, especially if the waiting time is so long. Also, those wheels are not such a specialized item that **********s risks never selling them. I mean, they could have been nicer.

However, I have a principle: I don't buy anything unless it is in stock OR, if it's not in stock, I make sure it does not come from China in a shipping vessel.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel

Every week there is a new story about mod bargains and how they fail
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Anonymosity
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: cars

Guess it's time to check on the wheels I ordered from them two weeks ago with the promise they'd be in stock in two weeks...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

damn mod bargains seem to get the most complaints.....i agree with dryan81 be a pest you have nothing more to lose if anything u can gain sumtin hopefully. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickch View Post
I thought my law, a merchant cannot charge a customer's credit card until the merchandise shipped to you (the day they ship confirm it at their warehouse, not the day you received it)? try dispute the charges with your card issuer, the mnerchant has to show prove that they ship the merchandise to you, in this case, they can't prove anything.
It certainly is a violation of the merchant's agreement with the credit card company.

I'm sure that a call to MC/Visa will start an investigation and may lead to the merchant being dropped by the credit card company.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
We have been working to help this customer out and in no way wish to disregard any customer, not something we do as many of our customers are aware of this. We have followed the VMR guidelines for pre-orders and have looked at solutions to help the exception as in this case.

We are committed to making every customer happy and appreciate every order that we receive. We would be happy to address this issue with the customer privately over the phone.
Given the regular bad reviews you get, I'd suggest that you need to fix this publicly.

If the OP accurately represented the situation then you are completely wrong and the only acceptable is "we screwed up. We issued a full refund and are offing the OP a discount on his next order."

In addition, you need to refine that "non refundable deposit" paperwork. If someone places an order, you clearly need to protect yourself from a customer that flakes, but that is not carte blanche to hold a customer hostage.

Quite simply, your "we aim to please" words are in direct conflict with your actions.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Why not just got with the Alufelgens? They are a better wheel for the same price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisomar View Post
Make them get you the alufelgen wheels as they are better wheels, their shitty practice is in your favor now!

Actually we did offer, Alufelgens to him at a discounted price to make up for the delay and help him out (nothing out of pocket). We have also provided and are providing other solutions to work with the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedOut View Post
damn mod bargains seem to get the most complaints.....i agree with dryan81 be a pest you have nothing more to lose if anything u can gain sumtin hopefully. good luck!
Actually we also get the most positive reviews on these forums, but I think we deal with quite a bit more customers as well.
Here is an example (This past week):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574690
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573493
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573568
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573238
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574265
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574132
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573742
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573550
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489588
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568097
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571702
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567712
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549099
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
Anonymosity
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Given the regular bad reviews you get, I'd suggest that you need to fix this publicly.

If the OP accurately represented the situation then you are completely wrong and the only acceptable is "we screwed up. We issued a full refund and are offing the OP a discount on his next order."

In addition, you need to refine that "non refundable deposit" paperwork. If someone places an order, you clearly need to protect yourself from a customer that flakes, but that is not carte blanche to hold a customer hostage.

Quite simply, your "we aim to please" words are in direct conflict with your actions.
You are smart.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
racerx72
Rep

True, they did offer me the Alufelgens. However, they could not confirm their ship date to me.
Sorry, after waiting as long as I have, after being jerked around for as long as I have, after being told conflicting dates, reasons, promises......I just could not trust this vendor anymore. Not to mention, aside from aesthetics, I NEEDED new tires as my OEM's had bubbles in them. I ended up putting my winter tires on in April which was fun.
I don't understand why they are hell bent on keeping my $$ while I have nothing in return. As I said before, my pre-order was for the container of VMR's that **********s already bought. My order was supposed to be contained on that container and It was not.
After all of this, months of waiting, only to be told once again, sorry, your order is not part of this shipment. Who in there right mind would venture into yet another unknown business venture?? Not me. I found another supplier, had the wheels I wanted in 5 days. I have no need for wheels anymore. I would like my $$ back and put this behind me, but everyday that **********s has $492 of my money and I have NOTHING from them in return, I have a problem with that.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #16
ultraslan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

thanks for letting us know . was gonna order stuff from them ill stay away . thanks again .
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
wow, this will make me think twice about buying from them
      08-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
Jebus335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post

With the amount of sales these guys have, "REFUNDING" $492 shouldn't break the bank.

It wasn't like this was a special order, they were VMR's! I'm pretty sure that you (Modbargins), and Velocity share the same area code... Refund him the entire amount.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
Park828
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Man

yup watch out for **********s... bought a set of avant guards and one of the wheels had a really bad wobble. straight out of the box. i was dealing with my sales guy for a month before he told me he couldn't do anything about it since wheels weren't his department and was referred to someone else.. long story short.. i still have a set of wheels in my backyard i can't use because of that one wheel...
      08-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #20
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Stay away from **********s..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #21
racerx72
Rep

Well, I did get a call from Ron at **********s and they are going to refund my money. I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

Thumbs up

i started doing some review checks just to see both sides of the story and because hey i like modding my car and nothings sweeter then a good deal and after talking to a couple friends e90 and m3 drivers it seems that **********S IS ACTUALLY A GREAT VENDOR and that if you actually read the complaints fully without jumping on the band wagon that every1's trying to screw you ...you can see that a lot of the problems are caused by the buyer themselves either they don't know every bit of detail or they don't call and try to resolve their own problems they rather just try to put the other person down...putting the other person down doesn't help you but if you talk and explain the problem you had to them and work out a reasonable compromise you get what you want and you make a good relationship for the future just my 2 cents but HATERS GONNA HATE
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread