E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help with Adding MS-8 to L7 system. Adding a sub amp, etc.

11-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #67
hoonywise
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MPPSK

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
If you already have 8 or 10 gauge wire for you should use that to power the ms8. You can use the 12v as your remote wire though. If your not going to use them you can remove the pins from the harness.
Thank you for the reply. Your PM box was full. So in comparison to routing Remote On from the headunit (pin 13):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826683

I find this is more convenient and negates the possibility of noise being picked up of running it with RCA cables from the HU. Have you tried this yourself? Can you firmly confirm this?

Any difference in the way it powers up vs the other method? (keyfob in only, acc on)

I don't want to blow up my early x-mas gift from wifey!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #68
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

The wire behind the head unit will power on and off with the head unit. So basically as long as the key is in the dash.

Using the 12volt from the stock amp it will turn on when you unlock the car and turn off a few minutes after you lock or turn off the car. Basically when the car is "awake" the ms8 and amp will be on and when it "goes to sleep" they will turn off.

The wire behind the headunit would be the better choice but the 12volt from technics harness is more convenient. It will work fine either way though.
Appreciate 0