E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Very Positive Dealer Experience for PCD (or delivery in California)

02-19-2023, 12:13 AM   #1
zakbari
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Very Positive Dealer Experience for PCD (or delivery in California)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so my apologies if I messed up. My wife and I recently took delivery on an X3 M40i, and I just wanted to note how smooth and seamless the process was. Although we live in Chicago, we bought from Jon Shafer at BMW of Santa Maria. Allocations were hard to come by in Chicago, and since we were looking to do a performance center delivery we decided to check in with Jon based on the numerous glowing reviews he's collected over the years. We were lucky -- he had an allocation available, and promptly quoted a price that was more than fair. From our first contact with him, we felt like we were his top customer. Jon's passion for the brand and for helping customers shined through in his communications with us. He gave recommendations on our build that were tailored to our situation, and we ended up with a purchase we felt great about. He was able to quickly and painlessly handle the paperwork remotely, and took care of a few wrinkles we threw at him. He was always easy to contact, and when it came time to set up the PCD, the process was a breeze. Jon and his team made the financing process easy (no pressure at all), and we had a thoroughly smooth delivery. Furthermore, Jon was totally upfront throughout the process -- for example, BMW bumped up the rebate offered between the date we put in our order and the date we took delivery, and he got us the benefit of the increase. Furthermore, he not only made the DMV processing completely effortless (quite the task when it comes to dealing with Illinois' state government), but he also went above and beyond at the end of the process with a gesture that was totally unexpected and sincerely appreciated.

The PCD, incidentally, was awesome and was a wonderful memory -- I can't recommend it highly enough. If you're in the market for a BMW and can swing a trip to South Carolina for delivery (or Santa Maria), get in touch with Jon Shafer at BMW of Santa Maria.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
VipinLJ1943.00
FastTyger148.50
ASAP10162.50
Llarry16028.50
wtwo317971.00
      02-19-2023, 03:30 PM   #2
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Great story. Did you know that Jon was the creator of Bimmerfest?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 05:40 PM   #3
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

The shadow line trim sure looks nice on a white car. Alpine white?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 05:42 PM   #4
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Congrats...
      02-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #5
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
The shadow line trim sure looks nice on a white car. Alpine white?
looks like brooklyn grey to me
      02-19-2023, 05:54 PM   #6
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Not a surprising report about Jon at all. I’m wondering. Is BMW offering PCD at Thermal now? Or did you go to South Carolina? That delivery room looks like South Carolina. One reason I ask is there was a time Jon had started limiting his services to California deals only. If he’s back to doing them for the rest of the country that’s great news for BMW enthusiasts.

Congrats on the new car and the PCD!!

edit: just looked it up and answered my question. Not available in California. I guess that means Jon is doing deals for everyone again. That’s great news! Curious. Being that you’re here on Bimmerpost how did you find Jon, who is on (and founder of) Bimmerfest?

edit 2: there was a time when I had a goal of becoming the “Jon Shafer” of Chicago. There are quite an amazing number of BMW enthusiast forum members in Chicagoland. But, at the time Knauz was not interested in hiring me.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-19-2023 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2023, 06:55 PM   #7
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Great story. Did you know that Jon was the creator of Bimmerfest?
How can you miss it? It's on his LinkedIn as well as his dealership's employees pages.

And might I add it's nice to hear something complimentary about a dealership employee on this forum!
Appreciate 0