E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Installed m3 wishbones etc

05-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Gooby
Mr. Euro
Rep
Drives: M3

Installed m3 wishbones etc

So I installed the m3 wishbone kit, koni yellow w/h&r sport, and hotchkis front sway. Car is great, tight, totally different. I love it!! The only thing is I forgot to lube up the bushings on the sway, so it squaks a little bit over small bumps. No big deal, my only question is my alignment tech said camber is an issue since the front is pretty much fixed and rear can only go so much. Tire wear will be an issue, so would camber plates and possibly adjustable rear control arm be the fix? Any ideas...suggestions?

Thanks
Chris
      05-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

have you drilled out the alignment pin on the front strut top hat yet? that should give you some more adjustability. And how much camber is it running up front? Stock is very little, so a little more negative camber would be welcome. As long as your toe is set properly, you shouldn't have any wear issues, unless your car understeers a lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
have you drilled out the alignment pin on the front strut top hat yet? that should give you some more adjustability. And how much camber is it running up front? Stock is very little, so a little more negative camber would be welcome. As long as your toe is set properly, you shouldn't have any wear issues, unless your car understeers a lot.
True.
The wishbones will add negative camber but will not push you over the tolerances of the smecified specs.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Gooby
Mr. Euro
Rep

No I havent drilled out anything, the alignment shop I went to was old skool, the guy has been doing them for 30 years or so. He adjusted the toe on the front although i think thats the only thing you can do? He said something about drilling out the top but it wouldn't add much. The rear are close to -2, I don't remember the exact number, other than that the steering is straight, and drives straight. He warned me about excessive tire wear but b4 i had just h&r sports and never really had any serious wear. I do have some wear in the inside tire of the driver side, but that is due to me driving around with a bent wishbone and endlink, so the steering was off to the right. I got everything replaced and its perfect now. I think I am just too worried!!
      05-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

What are the specs of the alignment he was able to obtain and what specs are you trying to reach?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
No I havent drilled out anything, the alignment shop I went to was old skool, the guy has been doing them for 30 years or so. He adjusted the toe on the front although i think thats the only thing you can do? He said something about drilling out the top but it wouldn't add much. The rear are close to -2, I don't remember the exact number, other than that the steering is straight, and drives straight. He warned me about excessive tire wear but b4 i had just h&r sports and never really had any serious wear. I do have some wear in the inside tire of the driver side, but that is due to me driving around with a bent wishbone and endlink, so the steering was off to the right. I got everything replaced and its perfect now. I think I am just too worried!!
I would agree with that.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0