E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NYS Inspection

05-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
ledorkii
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

NYS Inspection

Hey guys, I just realized that I still haven't gotten my car inspected since I bought it from PA over half a year ago. I'm pretty sure that the inspection sticker won't be valid as I have NYS plates.

With this said, I need to get my car inspected ASAP but the problem is that I don't have front plates on the car and I'm planning on getting tints on it. I know it's probably a better idea for me to get the tints after the inspection as well as my downpipes. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a place in the NYC region that was lenient on no front plates, tints, etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledorkii View Post
Hey guys, I just realized that I still haven't gotten my car inspected since I bought it from PA over half a year ago. I'm pretty sure that the inspection sticker won't be valid as I have NYS plates.

With this said, I need to get my car inspected ASAP but the problem is that I don't have front plates on the car and I'm planning on getting tints on it. I know it's probably a better idea for me to get the tints after the inspection as well as my downpipes. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a place in the NYC region that was lenient on no front plates, tints, etc.

Thanks!
pretty much any indie, non franchised shop that does inspection in nyc won't care about what you have on your car as long as it passes the computer test
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

NYSI does not check for front plate, tints, etc. NYS is very lazy with inspection rules. Tires only have to be under 2/32's in two consecutive treads, brakes have to be grinding to fail etc etc. Its not like PA at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
ledorkii
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60oholic View Post
NYSI does not check for front plate, tints, etc. NYS is very lazy with inspection rules. Tires only have to be under 2/32's in two consecutive treads, brakes have to be grinding to fail etc etc. Its not like PA at all.
Awesome, thanks.

Reason I asked was cause when I had my last car (RX400h) inspected at a Mobil station by my house. The guy inspecting my car called me while he was doing the inspection and asked me where my front plate was. I had to tell him that it was under my seat and by the time I got back to pick up the car he had ziptied my front license plate to the front bumper. Weird.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue

I've taken mine to my BMW dealer the last few years without a front plate and I have never heard anything about not having one!!
Appreciate 0