E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Question about buying E92 from independent dealer (non BMW dealer)

06-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
fromHONDAtoBMW
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Question about buying E92 from independent dealer (non BMW dealer)

If I buy a e92 with less than 50K miles from an independent dealer, is it still possible for me to get the upgraded 6 year/100K warranty extension?\

thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
daniel3ooo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i BSM

you can get a warranty from the bmw dealership but they would be selling you a third party warranty...I asked a few dealers that and they confirmed with me at least that you can't get an extended "BMW" warranty unless you are the original owner
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
fromHONDAtoBMW
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo View Post
you can get a warranty from the bmw dealership but they would be selling you a third party warranty...I asked a few dealers that and they confirmed with me at least that you can't get an extended "BMW" warranty unless you are the original owner
Weaksauce. Oh well. Reason I ask is because I'm considering a 328i with 35k miles for $25k, or 335i with 42k for 28K...both coupes.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo View Post
The OP seems to be talking about the 6/100 CPO warranty, which is through BMW and applies to pre-owned cars. Those warranties can only be attached to cars that are "reconditioned" and sold through authorized BMW dealers.

The warranty you're referring to is the original owner protection warranty, which can only be purchased by the original owner of the car.

Any 3rd party extended warranty is not a good value IMO, if you're buying a used BMW from a private owner or non-authorized dealer, just put that money away for future repairs and maintenance. You'll need it
Appreciate 0