E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

06-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #1211
BMW011989
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92

Just a quick update, Big Motoring World got back to me!!!!

They confirmed it was their mistake and simply input into their system the last service accidentally as the last stamp which was a brake fluid change.

Anyhow, they've agreed to give me a free full service on the car and stamped up - Of course I will mark a few items before it goes in, if its been replaced then the mark will be gone or moved. If it hasnt, then I will have evidence in photos that they've not done the job.

But in my opinion, if you go to the Addington branch, becareful but Lee is the man to speak to. I think the collections and managers sales department are trying to up their game again due to all the complaints, they needed to!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #1212
biggun1981
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5 series touring 530i

hi all,

i stupidly bought a car from these monkeys a month ago, before i read this thread! what an idiot. luckily however so far, nothing has gone wrong with it.

but there were a couple of things missing:
they said they would give me the sat nav dvd on hand-over, i completely forgot to ask. now they are saying they will only give me a copy of the dvd from the internet. will that bugger the sat nav or will it work? bmw charge £85 so i think its prob best to just buy it from them
also on the front grill below the number plate, there appears to be something missing, normally there is one hole about 5" x 5" either side of the grill, but mine appears to be missing another pieve of grill about the same size each side, what would that be for and where could i get it replaced?

my car is still for sale on their website obviously, and the car i originally enquired about was already sold, what a surprise!!
i can't believe i bought it from these twats but didn't have too many options as time was running out (thats another story).

had i read this thread i would never have gone there, so I am glad its still going to hopefully warn off as many other people as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #1213
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

£85 for the disc is a bit of a steal tbh.. bite their arm off. the ones off the net won't do the system any harm though.

as for the missing parts of the front bumper, just ask at the service desk they will tell you the part codes and then you can take it from there..

good luck with the motor, it'l probs be fine, but to be on the safe side id probs get it looked over by a BMW dealer before too long.
      06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #1214
biggun1981
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5 series touring 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
£85 for the disc is a bit of a steal tbh.. bite their arm off. the ones off the net won't do the system any harm though.

as for the missing parts of the front bumper, just ask at the service desk they will tell you the part codes and then you can take it from there..

good luck with the motor, it'l probs be fine, but to be on the safe side id probs get it looked over by a BMW dealer before too long.
ok nice one thanks. will def get it looked over soon. last car was an M3 bought from main dealer, wish i had done that now tbh!

oh well, you live and learn. as always you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #1215
SBE92LCI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320d LCI

Saw a grey 116i the other day on the motorway with Big Motoring World on the numberplate.

The owner must have visited Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.

However I was near Yarmouth so the owner must have travelled especially to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1216
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE92LCI View Post
Saw a grey 116i the other day on the motorway with Big Motoring World on the numberplate.

The owner must have visited Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.

However I was near Yarmouth so the owner must have travelled especially to Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4.
Are you a robot?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #1217
SBE92LCI
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
Are you a robot?
???
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #1218
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Quote:

You do sound like a BMWG employee with that post. Good luck in selling second RATE used BMW's
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #1219
TripleBlack
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E93 335i

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #1220
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I thought he posted it meaning, someone had even travelled for miles to use the bunch of wasters!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #1221
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

This guy is just bumping the thread up the google listings!
      08-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #1222
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportplus View Post
You do sound like a BMWG employee with that post. Good luck in selling second RATE used BMW's
Lol wat...
      08-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1223
SBE92LCI
Private First Class
Rep

gIzzE - was sort of the point I was trying to make.

And just for the avoidance of any doubt, I don't work for them - happen to work in IT.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #1224
Balling_Since_85
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i ES

Dodgy Dodgy Company

I came across this forum when searching Big Motoring World and found this beauty of a forum - I am another one of many who have been conned by this company.

To give you my story:

I bought a BMW 116i back in May. 08' reg and 45K on the clock, immaculate condition on the outside. Test drove it (only around the block) and everything seemed tip top.

Took it back, one day later the Engine Management Light appeared on the dash and I also noticed when driving with the windows down, I could heard the brakes squeaking. I've since taken the car back 6 times now over the EML, during which I was offered 12months free warranty. Brakes were fixed after third visit. EML issue still exists and to top it off, the last time I received the car, their numpty mechanics forgot a screw = oil leak over my drive. Was not impressed.

To add to the above, I was lied to on several occasions about the fixes they made. It was only when I asked for diagnostic reports for each visit, that they began to profusely apologise and have now informed me that they didn't create a ticket for every visit. What is more peculiar is that they weren't willing to generate a ticket to reflect the times I had brought the vehicle in for repair?!? Odd!

After, what I could only describe as a myriad of bull s**t, and frustration, having missed several days off of work to get this heap of junk fixed, I decided to reject ownership and am now sadly having to go via the legal route to progress a refund.

To summarise, this company is an absolute joke, some of the salesman aren't even old enough to drive and the amount of blank white lies they tell you is enough to make anyone run a mile. I wish I had come across this thread beforehand!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #1225
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balling_Since_85 View Post
After, what I could only describe as a myriad of bull s**t, and frustration, having missed several days off of work to get this heap of junk fixed, I decided to reject ownership and am now sadly having to go via the legal route to progress a refund.

To summarise, this company is an absolute joke, some of the salesman aren't even old enough to drive and the amount of blank white lies they tell you is enough to make anyone run a mile. I wish I had come across this thread beforehand!
Sorry to hear about this. All too often do new users make their first post on this forum only to describe horror stories of their first purchase from these absolute con artists.

Good to hear you're not letting them get away with it, because you know for a fact they have with many others. Its not right
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #1226
Trimmers
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i SE Coupe

I have recently collected a 325 SE Coupe from my local dealer but prior to this I went to Big Motoring World to have a look see as they are only about half hour from me..

As soon as me and my wife got out of the car, we were pounced upon like vultures by the Salesman.... Told them exactly what I was looking for as I already knew (E92) so they decided to show me a 6 Series Coupe... Trying to convince me how great it was...

Of the vehicles they did show me, they did appear cheap however they also appear to be high mileage dogs. Or low mileage and overpriced..

They were also very keen for me to do their amazing finance package, even though I stated that I would be paying outright.. After ten minutes I got fed up of their bull***t and walked away..

I'd advise others to do the same..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #1227
ollieebmw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw X340d G01

Greetings
Just an observation on my own experiences. When I was looking for my 335d I paid them a visit and man what a load of ######## I heard from them. First when you park up you have to register your details like you were entering a prison. Weird but Ok I thought. *What car are you interested in sir? I replied not sure yet but I will just have a wander around and see what I fancy. After another 10 minutes explaining I have no particular car in mind or price range they eventually let me through the gauntlet of salesman to see their stock. I stopped by a 5 series 330d and by the time I looked inside the window a salesman came out and tried to flog the car to me. *Excellent choice sir. Almost as quick as an M3" Suits you and with our finance package you can drive it away today. I started to get pissed off now and told him in no uncertain terms I was quite able to make my own mind up. He returned 5 minutes later and asked if I had made my mind up stating his boss is watching him and he has to follow me around. That was not going to happen and he got the message. As stated in earlier post there were really odd specs on their cars and all looked a little shabby. None of the cars felt right. The nice ones were well overpriced. I stayed for about 20 minutes and had enough. Leaving was a joke as well as no more than 4 salesman asked me the same question. "Nothing today? I'm sure we have a car that can fit your needs" When the last one said it I replied "Yeah you have. It is a B10 Alpina 3.2 sitting in the car park". His eyes lit up before he realized it was the car I came in. Just stay away and find your dream bimmer elsewhere like I did. Nuff said
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #1228
Chris320d
Rep
Drives: 320d

I went in there the weekend just gone, I have heard of so many horror stories but then thought 'can't be that bad otherwise they wouldn't be here and wouldn't be expanding etc'
Awful place.
I was jumped on soon as my car door opened. Then I was told follow me into the office and ill take all you're details. I said I was just there to look around and he said 'nobody is allowed on site without giving us a name and phone number' to which I replied I only want to have a look? He said its health and safety if I don't give him the details and I hurt myself then don't bother trying to claim against us!

I had a 2 min look, didn't know where to start, far too many cars, far too big site. Crazy place.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #1229
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I saw quite a new 7er with big motoring world plates at m25 jct 10 the other week,,,, curiously it looked like it WASN'T about to fall apart, which surprised me.

still would never have bought it mind you :P

I still need to take a trip there, for the lols..
      09-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1230
AlistairB
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Octavia

Seen a 535d at Big Motoring World

Hi. I'm looking at getting a e90 535d M Sport, having seen one at a BMW Main Dealer. Surfing the net I've seen virtually the same car (year, spec wheels etc) on the Big Motoring World site for £5000 less than the Main Dealer. Having read this thread I'm going nowhere near Big Motoring World, however, I wanted the ask the forum how much in real terms is a main dealer warrantee is worth?
There's lots (well some) 535d M Sports for sale privately for less than Main Dealer prices. Even if I got an AA / RAC check done, would I be mad to buy privately?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #1231
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlistairB
Hi. I'm looking at getting a e90 535d M Sport, having seen one at a BMW Main Dealer. Surfing the net I've seen virtually the same car (year, spec wheels etc) on the Big Motoring World site for 5000 less than the Main Dealer. Having read this thread I'm going nowhere near Big Motoring World, however, I wanted the ask the forum how much in real terms is a main dealer warrantee is worth?
There's lots (well some) 535d M Sports for sale privately for less than Main Dealer prices. Even if I got an AA / RAC check done, would I be mad to buy privately?
I've always bought Approved used just for peace of mind, good thing too as I had clutch replaced under warranty, plus the additional checks they do when u buy the car means u'll not be hit with any imminent bills, my last car had both rear tyres and brakes changed as they were on the limit, had a service done as one was due in a 1000 miles or so, 535 is a big engined car I would definitely recommend going AUC as it's expensive to fix
      09-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #1232
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

Is it me or do these testimonials look like they've been written by the same person!

Most begin with..."I found Big Motoring World" or "I heard about Big Motoring World" seems like testimonials were written for SEO purposes by the "customer"

http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/testimonials
Appreciate 0