E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Forming 335is Club of Southern Cal

10-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #89
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO5TTD View Post
Sunday at like 4 or 5pm would be nice. If its not convenient for everyone then just do it at 9am or whenever works. I just hate getting up early on weekends, thats why I never go to c&c. Ill be coming to one of these sooner or later.
BOOSTD! LOL!!! ok. 4/5 is too late for me. How about 11:30? and we can change it to the Islands on Foothill as the parking lot there is large. Then if people want coffee and or lunch we are already in the right place.

Will this work? Everyone weigh in?

After this meet we can move it to a more centralized point once we figure out where everyone is. Looks like the OC, LA, and Inland so far; but we need to see who shows up for the first meet so we can see.
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #90
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
First Meet-up

Where: Islands Restaurant Parking lot, 3533 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, CA ‎
When: Sunday Oct 13th at 11:30 AM

See you then!
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #91
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its cool, if you can get them that would be nice if not oh well. Thanks for trying.

Any chance we could find something closer to OC, Pasadena is still pretty far from me... All you iS guys are all up around Burbank, Glendale, Hollywood area for the most part, poor me in the OC lol! I gotta find some OC iS dudes
Got the other quote back today from the printer. The higher the run, the lower the cost. I can cover this as well. Don't know how the first run of decals will look at 1x1 but they have shipped and are on the way. These are larger at 1 1/4 high by 2 1/4 inches long. This guy does split orders and he is local but higher than the first. When I get the decals which I am told have already shipped, I'll look at the quality.

Here is the local quote - around 63.00 which is still lower than expected.

Your cost for a total of 40 decals (6 style 7 and 34 syle2) printed on pressure sensitive vinyl with a protective laminate film, size 1.25 x 2.25, is $1.45 each + tax
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #92
AgentAvalos
VIP
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
First Meet-up

Where: Islands Restaurant Parking lot, 3533 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, CA ‎
When: Sunday Oct 13th at 11:30 AM

See you then!
wont be able to make it
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #93
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAvalos View Post
wont be able to make it
Sorry about that.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #94
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
BOOSTD! LOL!!! ok. 4/5 is too late for me. How about 11:30? and we can change it to the Islands on Foothill as the parking lot there is large. Then if people want coffee and or lunch we are already in the right place.

Will this work? Everyone weigh in?

After this meet we can move it to a more centralized point once we figure out where everyone is. Looks like the OC, LA, and Inland so far; but we need to see who shows up for the first meet so we can see.
Lol! Sorry I'm a night owl! 11:30 Sounds better than 9am! I will try to come out if I am not to tired from the night before lol!

Quote:
Got the other quote back today from the printer. The higher the run, the lower the cost. I can cover this as well. Don't know how the first run of decals will look at 1x1 but they have shipped and are on the way. These are larger at 1 1/4 high by 2 1/4 inches long. This guy does split orders and he is local but higher than the first. When I get the decals which I am told have already shipped, I'll look at the quality.

Here is the local quote - around 63.00 which is still lower than expected.

Your cost for a total of 40 decals (6 style 7 and 34 syle2) printed on pressure sensitive vinyl with a protective laminate film, size 1.25 x 2.25, is $1.45 each + tax
I am a bit confused but just lmk how much I owe you to get a few of the style #7's. Once again thanks for your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAvalos View Post
wont be able to make it
That sucks bro! But I'm sure this first meet won't be worth the drive down for you. Once we get some regular members and attendance established then you should make the trek down to make it worth your while.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #95
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol! Sorry I'm a night owl! 11:30 Sounds better than 9am! I will try to come out if I am not to tired from the night before lol!

I am a bit confused but just lmk how much I owe you to get a few of the style #7's. Once again thanks for your efforts.

That sucks bro! But I'm sure this first meet won't be worth the drive down for you. Once we get some regular members and attendance established then you should make the trek down to make it worth your while.

Don't owe anything. I just consider this start up costs. So no problems here. However....unless you are from or in love with the City of Albany NY and want to tout that fact, and or you don't mind what looks like a hand cut crooked sticker - the decals I received yesterday are not going on anyone's ride. Ugh!

Going with the local guy to see if he can get these done today and if I can pick them up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #96
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
First Meet-uo Agenda (can change)

1. Meet n Greet
2. Contact Info (info needed for the member address directory)
3. Work out where the next venue will be w/date and time
4. Select/work out roles people want to fulfill
5. T-Shirt sizes if anyone wants to order a shirt - will have a sample from a local biz.
6. Status on 335is.com
7. Open discussion/share any 335is info etc.
8. Adjourn
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #97
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
First Meet-uo Agenda (can change)

1. Meet n Greet
2. Contact Info (info needed for the member address directory)
3. Work out where the next venue will be w/date and time
4. Select/work out roles people want to fulfill
5. T-Shirt sizes if anyone wants to order a shirt - will have a sample from a local biz.
6. Status on 335is.com
7. Open discussion/share any 335is info etc.
8. Adjourn

Emittr i think you should do a roll call of whos going for sure... i dont think this sunday is gonna work out for most of us, me and including 3 other guys.
      10-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #98
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't owe anything. I just consider this start up costs. So no problems here. However....unless you are from or in love with the City of Albany NY and want to tout that fact, and or you don't mind what looks like a hand cut crooked sticker - the decals I received yesterday are not going on anyone's ride. Ugh!

Going with the local guy to see if he can get these done today and if I can pick them up.
Thanks dude!

Wow they sent you the wrong decals?! I hate when orders get f'd up like that!

Good luck getting them done today bro!

So what's the head count so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #99
bimmerwar51
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i sold, e92 335is

cant make it Sunday anymore either :/
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #100
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwar51 View Post
Doesn't look like it will be a good turn out!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #101
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
haha ill come by and meet you guys, but damn thanks to the rain my car looks like crap...

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #102
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Doesn't look like it will be a good turn out!

Yeah...maybe not the first but we will continue. "Startup Pains."

To make it more enticing - everyone who shows up will get a free T-shirt at the next meet-up. I will need to take sizes tomorrow and will give them to the printer to get them silkscreened for the next meet-up. Stickers for your ride and a Tee - cannot be that. No cost as long as we get some quality participation to make this happen.

I am also working on getting a "photog" for club members cars, group night discounts at different venues, creating as part of 335is.com, our own online magazine with articles on each members car - professionally written, and more. All this takes more than one person - so...the larger we get, the better but the initial core folks are key. If you have other talents let me know. Don't want this to take up a lot of time so we will just go with the Sol Cal flow. Smooth and easy, but keep riding it forward.

Below is the silkscreened shirt - working on getting an embroidered sample as well.

Remember - the IS is no more after this year. Production run is at its end. So, if you have an IS you are one of the few.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #103
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
haha ill come by and meet you guys, but damn thanks to the rain my car looks like crap...
See you there!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #104
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwar51 View Post
Hopefully see ya next one.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #105
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks dude!

Wow they sent you the wrong decals?! I hate when orders get f'd up like that!

Good luck getting them done today bro!

So what's the head count so far?
Think the head count is at 3? Stickers could not be turned around in a day so we will see if I can get them finished next week. I found someone else who seems to be able to do 24 hour turnaround but I found him today. Same business who did the sample shirt.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #106
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
Emittr i think you should do a roll call of whos going for sure... i dont think this sunday is gonna work out for most of us, me and including 3 other guys.

Good point.

Can all those who can make it sound off/show of hands?

(so far)
BOOSTD
sono0b
EMITTR

Last edited by EMITTR; 10-12-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #107
Nick_sf
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Me and two others are coming as well
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #108
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The first meet-up is in the record books! of the 11 or so of us who expressed interest, 5 of us were able to turn up with our increasingly rare beautiful rides.

A successful turnout. It was good to match faces with forum handles. Talked mods, listened to tuned exhaust musical notes, went to Panera Bread and talked more over drinks. A Ferrari pulled up loudly across the parking lot and once parked - looked lonely sitting by itself before a pack of ISes.

We decided on meeting again after 335is.com Portal is up and running. the T-shirt looks really good and so I will be ordering shirts. If you want one let me know (if you have not already). They are about $6-$8 depending on how many we order.

ISers in attendance were (free shirts):

335is_
tmdals0213
Nick_sf
BOO5TTD
EMITTR

The multiple sounds blending into one leaving the lot were bloody sweet and turning heads - especially those of 335is_ & Nick_sf! As we left the Ferrari just sitting there - looked hurt.

On the way home a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (320hp 370 ft-lb torque) pulled along side at a light and commented said some nice things about the IS. From a Porsche driver?!

Good day all the way around! Those who missed - hope to see you at the next one!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #109
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
The first meet-up is in the record books!
good meet today Emittr! thanks for planning and thank you in advance for all the prepping and planning! Can't wait for the portal to be up and running and for the next meet.

Cheers!
      10-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #110
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
The first meet-up is in the record books! of the 11 or so of us who expressed interest, 5 of us were able to turn up with our increasingly rare beautiful rides.

A successful turnout. It was good to match faces with forum handles. Talked mods, listened to tuned exhaust musical notes, went to Panera Bread and talked more over drinks. A Ferrari pulled up loudly across the parking lot and once parked - looked lonely sitting by itself before a pack of ISes.

We decided on meeting again after 335is.com Portal is up and running. the T-shirt looks really good and so I will be ordering shirts. If you want one let me know (if you have not already). They are about $6-$8 depending on how many we order.

ISers in attendance were (free shirts):

335is_
tmdals0213
Nick_sf
BOO5TTD
EMITTR

The multiple sounds blending into one leaving the lot were bloody sweet and turning heads - especially those of 335is_ & Nick_sf! As we left the Ferrari just sitting there - looked hurt.

On the way home a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (320hp 370 ft-lb torque) pulled along side at a light and commented said some nice things about the IS. From a Porsche driver?!

Good day all the way around! Those who missed - hope to see you at the next one!

dammit woke up late.. and didnt know if you guys were still going to be there... what time did you guys leave?

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0