E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Interior Smell - Need Help!!

01-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
SDW335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Drei-Reihen

Interior Smell - Need Help!!

I recently acquired an '06 330i sedan and I think it might have been a smokers car! What can I do to get the musky smell out and get the car smelling better? I've done the car was / detail center thing before where I get some fragrance put in before it'swashed, but that only lasts a day or so and isn't that good to begin with!!

Suggestions Please?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
hobbyistinc
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 323i

The first thing i would do is change the air cabin filter. Go to your dealer and buy the part, should be under 20bux, replace it yourself. Hopefully that will help, if not, what you want to do is get your car "deodorized". Deodorizing the car is different then using just some air fresher. It eliminates the smell by eating it up instead of just masking it. Most car detail centers charge about $45 for this service. A car care place that i recently worked at had a unit similar looking to a dehumidifier. The model we used attached to an aerosol can and plugged into the wall. We did a lot of police vehicles this way. Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

if you are ever in the miami area, Contact Joyride113, he posts on here and he owns a Ozone machine, which is really the ONLY way to truly remove the smoke smell.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
exceldetail
Rep
Drives: A gas hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
if you are ever in the miami area, Contact Joyride113, he posts on here and he owns a Ozone machine, which is really the ONLY way to truly remove the smoke smell.
Other then thoroughly cleaning every surface, this is the next best alternative....
Appreciate 0