E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Today I had a weird BMW problem...

12-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Today I had a weird BMW problem...

So this afternoon I went out for a spin. When I got inside the car I noticed a yellow car on a lift in the dashboard code. I do not own a manual, but I believe that is that service light. Anyways I tried to turn on my car and nothing, no crank the only lights on the dashboard were the car on the lift, air bag, and brake, usually when you start the car a lot of lightd turn on, the radio wouldn't turn on just the headlights if I turn the switch. I tried jump starting, but nothing, so I was stuck waiting for the tow truck. I would say about an hour later, I tried again and car turned on, drove it around for a couple of hours, and when I got home I turned it off and back on no problem. Has anyone had this happened before. I thought it could be the starter, but as far as I know the starter would at least turn on the radio, but nothing like that happened, maybe the anti theft was activated?