E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

07-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #8515
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I tried to get a datalog today but i'm not sure what happened. When i got home the datalog1.csv file was 0kb and when i tried to transfer it to the laptop it said failed to copy from AccessPort.

I think I read it might have to do with the gauges im running interfering with logging? I use 6 (boost, boost delta, boost req, AFR, CAT, WGDC) so it's a lot. Going to try again but changing to 1 gauge and try a few times.

Anyone seen this symptom before?
      07-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #8516
Allen@MOTIV
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_enthusiast_1 View Post
Allen,

Thx again BTW. OK I'm pretty sure I'm crazy now. Hitting 16psi in 2nd gear just fine. What i think it might have been is that 2nd gear goes so fast that im pretty sure i just wasnt giving it enough throttle to get it to build up quick enough. Im using Stock Throttle map and Idk if that has anything to do with it.

I'm relieved as I thought maybe something had come loose or had broken lol.

I am still going to try and find a decent spot to get a good log. I want to be able to read those and understand what my cars thinking.

Ive also heard great things about getting a pro tune by your group but before i go deeper into the tune hole i want to learn the tune basics with the OTS maps. So ill do some logging and get some opinions first.

Shout out to this thread. Everyone on here is very helpful.

Bad news is I think I'm addicted now. I want to try ethanol at some point. Heard great things about it.
Quote:
I tried to get a datalog today but i'm not sure what happened. When i got home the datalog1.csv file was 0kb and when i tried to transfer it to the laptop it said failed to copy from AccessPort.

I think I read it might have to do with the gauges im running interfering with logging? I use 6 (boost, boost delta, boost req, AFR, CAT, WGDC) so it's a lot. Going to try again but changing to 1 gauge and try a few times.

Anyone seen this symptom before?
When logging the best channels to log are the default PIDs. Reset to the default logging lost and go with that. When logging you will have to press the center button once to make it "ready" and then press it again to start recording. After getting a log I can walk you through the values and what it's telling you. Probably the best way to share it on the forums is by using www.datazap.me
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #8517
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks Allen, will do it again today. I think i messed up then and only got it ready and never started recording and later i hit it again thinking i had stopped it. Will report back soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen@PTF View Post
When logging the best channels to log are the default PIDs. Reset to the default logging lost and go with that. When logging you will have to press the center button once to make it "ready" and then press it again to start recording. After getting a log I can walk you through the values and what it's telling you. Probably the best way to share it on the forums is by using www.datazap.me

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 07-10-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #8518
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
First datalog attempt. Things look ok pro/enthusiast thoughts?

I think I figured it out and got it this time. From reading the datalogging thread I think the tune is doing ok and timing is ok. I see a little correction in the beginning but what im worried about is after chagning to 4th gear idk there's a lot of corrections but is that normal there was i supposed to shift and keep WOT cause i just kinda let off after shifting? Through the middle looks at 0. Req boost vs act boost i think is ok :shrug: TPS Act % 81% across I think. Charge Air Temps ok too i think.

Let me know if things look solid or if there is any other parameters I missed in the log that might help. This will probably nudge me into protune territory to dial it in if it is.

Here is a link to the datazap I created:
http://datazap.me/u/e92enthusiast1/stg-2-fmic-st-sport

Quote:

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 07-11-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #8519
Allen@MOTIV
Rep

Quote:
I think I figured it out and got it this time. From reading the datalogging thread I think the tune is doing ok and timing is ok. I see a little correction in the beginning but what im worried about is after chagning to 4th gear idk there's a lot of corrections but is that normal there was i supposed to shift and keep WOT cause i just kinda let off after shifting? Through the middle looks at 0. Req boost vs act boost i think is ok :shrug: TPS Act % 81% across I think. Charge Air Temps ok too i think.

Let me know if things look solid or if there is any other parameters I missed in the log that might help. This will probably nudge me into protune territory to dial it in if it is.

Here is a link to the datazap I created:
http://datazap.me/u/e92enthusiast1/stg-2-fmic-st-sport
Sounds like you have a good understanding of whats going on

The first couple corrections at the start of the pull aren't really of concern but the corrections after the shift aren't pretty. During and immediately post shift are two of the most common times to spot corrections because of the sudden drop and jump in load. I see you're in AZ, I assume you're running 91ACN fuel. The "sport" map is designed for use with regular 91 and looks to be a little too much for ACN fuel.

Aside from the corrections it looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #8520
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the follow up. That is a bummer really about the gas. I know we have an e85 station so I will try and raise the octane a little. I'm just not sure how often I'm gonna be filling up at that station. Might just try the non sport map.

I have some room in the tank. Is it not ideal to mix the e85 after? in other words should I wait til its almost empty and do e85 the first few gallons?

Quote:

The first couple corrections at the start of the pull aren't really of concern but the corrections after the shift aren't pretty. During and immediately post shift are two of the most common times to spot corrections because of the sudden drop and jump in load. I see you're in AZ, I assume you're running 91ACN fuel. The "sport" map is designed for use with regular 91 and looks to be a little too much for ACN fuel.

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 07-12-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #8521
bplant13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i Sport w. MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer305 View Post
If you want to do it right, first thing would be to map your X axis accordingly to your load request (your ideal boost curve).

Log a full run 3 to 5 gear, and then map your x axis accordingly, so you hit your target on 3rd gear but don't overshoot on 5th.
Example I mapped mine 189 200 222 290 320 400
Thanks. With some help from Cobb's support, and a pro tuner, I was given an alternative, which was to just modify the X-axis of the WGDC Adder and Ceiling first, so not to put the base table out of whack, but still get a little extra DC in the high range. I made minor changes today and got a few runs in, and it seemed to have helped a bit. I'm going to get it on the dyno soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #8522
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So after the first run when we noticed major corrections on shift I tried a couple runs after mixing in a few gallons of e85 and it looks better I think. Not sure if no corrections at all is a thing but before it was like -6 across all cylinders now its just -3 across 3 cylinders. What should I be looking for? 0 across all cylinders? Or is this good enough.

Stg 2 FMIC+ ST Sport 91 ACN w/ timing corrections a lot

Stg 2 FMIC+ ST Sport 91ACN + e85 corrections minimal

I'll also do another run tomorrow and throw it up. After the e85 has had a chance to mix in the tank real good.

Here's the latest run after having the e85 mix in the tank for about 24 hours and I think this one looks the best as far as corrections goes. Even through shifting.

Stg 2 FMIC+ ST Sport 91ACN + e85 even less corrections than before

And just as a little anecdote to these engines and tunes right before this last log I had an ///m3 on the highway that was just amazed, he was asking all about what i had. Of course, i told him with the biggest shit eating grin of my life. In straight pulls I was giving him a run and he was impressed.

Quote:

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 07-14-2014 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #8523
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Hey guys, loving my Cobb tune so far except one issue that seems to surface infrequently but is severely debilitating and somewhat dangerous (ie. overtaking and totally abrput power cutoff - as if someone yanked the car back). The car ran flawlessly before the tune.

P0238 code (TurboCharger Boost Sensor Circuit High Voltage). In addition, it threw a misfire code (P3100) and a 2ABC (TMap fault?) and a 2AAF (a quick search says to ignore this one as it is not significant). It happens during WOT, and only about 10% of the time if not less. The symptoms are a sudden cut-off of power and the car abruptly yanks as if someone slammed the brakes. Then it goes into Limp Mode (reduced power).

Restarting the car puts it back into normal mode and it can be driven WOT for a while before re-triggering. There are no other drivetrain mods to the car; stock DPs, stock FMIC.

Any help??
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 04:07 AM   #8524
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
You should create a separate thread imo, it will get more views than on this one since the title isn't anything related to your issue.

On it include maintenance history, plugs/coils age. What map you flashed. Whether or not uninstalling the COBB gets rid of the issue. What about just flashing Stg 0. All this would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Hey guys, loving my Cobb tune so far except one issue that seems to surface infrequently but is severely debilitating and somewhat dangerous (ie. overtaking and totally abrput power cutoff - as if someone yanked the car back). The car ran flawlessly before the tune.

P0238 code (TurboCharger Boost Sensor Circuit High Voltage). In addition, it threw a misfire code (P3100) and a 2ABC (TMap fault?) and a 2AAF (a quick search says to ignore this one as it is not significant). It happens during WOT, and only about 10% of the time if not less. The symptoms are a sudden cut-off of power and the car abruptly yanks as if someone slammed the brakes. Then it goes into Limp Mode (reduced power).

Restarting the car puts it back into normal mode and it can be driven WOT for a while before re-triggering. There are no other drivetrain mods to the car; stock DPs, stock FMIC.

Any help??
      07-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #8525
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

+1. Also which map and level is being run, octane of fuel, MT or AT, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #8526
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Fair enough. When I searched, it kept hitting results in this thread but obviously I wasn't going to sift through 390pgs, lol. So I thought I it would be better to post here than create a thread for the same potential issues.

But I will do so now!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #8527
deepocean
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335

guys

today while driving the car i had p30ff code boost leak anyway i read a lot and unmarried the access-port everything went fine,, am ruining stag 1 + fmic sport with 98 octane,, anyway i will check all the vacuum lines and will order the RB diverter valves ,, will give a try

guys here is attached my datalog i wish someone can support ready it and explain

regards

Rani

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8a...it?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #8528
deepocean
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335

i guess there is nothing important in the attached
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #8529
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Good read here: http://blog.protuningfreaks.com/2012...ogging-part-1/

After reading through that Im convinced the e85 addition helped and im happy with my datalogs.

Quote:

Quote:
So after the first run when we noticed major corrections on shift I tried a couple runs after mixing in a few gallons of e85 and it looks better I think. Not sure if no corrections at all is a thing but before it was like -6 across all cylinders now its just -3 across 3 cylinders. What should I be looking for? 0 across all cylinders? Or is this good enough.

I'll also do another run tomorrow and throw it up. After the e85 has had a chance to mix in the tank real good.

Here's the latest run after having the e85 mix in the tank for about 24 hours and I think this one looks the best as far as corrections goes. Even through shifting.

And just as a little anecdote to these engines and tunes right before this last log I had an ///m3 on the highway that was just amazed, he was asking all about what i had. Of course, i told him with the biggest shit eating grin of my life. In straight pulls I was giving him a run and he was impressed.
      07-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #8530
Allen@MOTIV
Rep

Quote:

The E85 mix log definitely looks the best. Whenever you begin mixing in E85 it becomes important to add STFT bank 1 or 2 to the logging list. The non-E30 maps are using a fuel scalar designed for use with E10 or ethanol free gas in mind and fueling headroom is reduced with that scalar. The fuel STFTs max out at 34% and at that value the DME does not have authority to add any more fuel and can begin to lean out.

If you have easy and reliable access to E85 then there is a lot of power left on the table by running the OTS maps.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #8531
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for all your tips/opinions Allen.

e85 accessibility is pretty good around here. It's not everywhere but im never more than 25 miles from a spot.

I definitely have some things to learn. I will do more logging with STFT and go from there.

I see COBB has some e30 maps on their site. I might move up to that after a bit.

My goal is to eventually be knowledgeable enough to use Accesstuner and customize something to my setup/environment.

Quote:
The E85 mix log definitely looks the best. Whenever you begin mixing in E85 it becomes important to add STFT bank 1 or 2 to the logging list. The non-E30 maps are using a fuel scalar designed for use with E10 or ethanol free gas in mind and fueling headroom is reduced with that scalar. The fuel STFTs max out at 34% and at that value the DME does not have authority to add any more fuel and can begin to lean out.

If you have easy and reliable access to E85 then there is a lot of power left on the table by running the OTS maps.
      07-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #8532
Allen@MOTIV
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all your tips/opinions Allen.

e85 accessibility is pretty good around here. It's not everywhere but im never more than 25 miles from a spot.

I definitely have some things to learn. I will do more logging with STFT and go from there.

I see COBB has some e30 maps on their site. I might move up to that after a bit.

My goal is to eventually be knowledgeable enough to use Accesstuner and customize something to my setup/environment.
The E30 maps are a good bump in power. They are designed for a FBO car, though. If playing with them keep a close on the logs. The risk of any engine damage is very slight(but still there) but the main concern is drivability. The car just may not feel as smooth or respond as well.

Personally, I highly recommend becoming familiar with ATR if you're comfortable doing so. A really good way to get started is to read the "Help" file included with you ATR download, it covers the basics really well.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #8533
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Cool, thx for the heads up. I got a COBB FMIC, VRSF Dp's, DCI's and a metal CP. I guess im missing the cat back exhaust though. That's coming soon!

I will definitely read up on ATR. Thx guys!

Quote:
The E30 maps are a good bump in power. They are designed for a FBO car, though. If playing with them keep a close on the logs. The risk of any engine damage is very slight(but still there) but the main concern is drivability. The car just may not feel as smooth or respond as well.

Personally, I highly recommend becoming familiar with ATR if you're comfortable doing so. A really good way to get started is to read the "Help" file included with you ATR download, it covers the basics really well.

Last edited by e92_enthusiast_1; 07-15-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #8534
alwayseuro
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Xdrive

Just installed DP's and like to run stg1+ no front mount. But, I do not have it on the cobb. Uploaded new updates and still nothing. Any ideas what I can do to get it? Running stg2 aggressive for now.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #8535
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayseuro View Post
Just installed DP's and like to run stg1+ no front mount. But, I do not have it on the cobb. Uploaded new updates and still nothing. Any ideas what I can do to get it? Running stg2 aggressive for now.
You have to manually transfer over the appropriate files to the Cobb while it is hooked up to your computer. Prior to that you have to download the maps off Cobb's website, specific for your ECU.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #8536
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

New with Cobb AP , just replaced my ESS stage tune with stage 2+ from Cobb, the FMIC LT. I felt the improvment for sure. Shortly after I changed for the OTS E30 map , used calculator to try find amounts of 93 plus E85 to fill.
Went for a spinn and oh boy , beast mode....

Now , for the logging part required while running these E30 maps , I logged some during driving , not sure what info I grabbed but I got some files.

I was specially looking for timing corrections , on all cylinders while driving , highest negative value I got was on cyl 1 , -3,4

Is that in the safesone or do I need to do something ?

Boost maxed out at 1300mBar

Need to beef up my subframe ....
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0