E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Looking for a Local Procede Expert

06-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
mrquick68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4/2015 X5 35d M

Looking for a Local Procede Expert

In the Redmond area, see mods in sig. Running V5 2.5 4-23 Aggressive stage 2 maps. Need to do some tweaking and datalogging and have tried literally everything to get my PC connected up w/ no luck (three different cables, multiple laptops, different drivers, even two different Procede boxes now as well w/ no luck.

If someone could give me a hand I'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch. PM or post here.

Thanks!
1993 Porsche RS America - Polar Silver on Black - 229 of 701. Motion Control Coilovers - BBS LMs - 993TT Big Brakes - Roll bar - Recaro Sportster CS's - Golden Rod/Rothsport SSK - Full Race Billy Boat Exhaust - ERP camber kit
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
mrquick68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

No love? Anyone?
1993 Porsche RS America - Polar Silver on Black - 229 of 701. Motion Control Coilovers - BBS LMs - 993TT Big Brakes - Roll bar - Recaro Sportster CS's - Golden Rod/Rothsport SSK - Full Race Billy Boat Exhaust - ERP camber kit
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I'm no Procede expert, but can try helping you. So what you're saying is, you're unable to connect your Procede to your laptop? Does it just say "Unable to connect to COM __" ? If this is the case and you installed your driver correctly, go to control panel>device manager> click ports and see which COM your USB is plugged in. Then go in the Procede program (make sure you have the newest version) and click com set up to be whichever COM port your USB is plugged in. Then try reconnecting. Also make sure when you connect that your car is on, but don't start your engine.

Last edited by Chicks-Love-Bimmers; 06-28-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
mrquick68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
I'm no Procede expert, but can try helping you. So what you're saying is, you're unable to connect your Procede to your laptop? Does it just say "Unable to connect to COM __" ? If this is the case and you installed your driver correctly, go to control panel>device manager> click ports and see which COM your USB is plugged in. Then go in the Procede program (make sure you have the newest version) and click com set up to be whichever COM port your USB is plugged in. Then try reconnecting. Also make sure when you connect that your car is on, but don't start your engine.
I wish that was all the issue was. I assign the correct COMs more (9 or under) and then hit "connect" with igntion ON (not running). I get a super quick connection/map load up, then it drops COM and won't stay connected.

I think the better option may be me trying to find an older laptop that is running XP as they don't appear to have issues like the Win 7 and Vista PC's do.
Appreciate 0