E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Thanks for not talking me out of this....

05-31-2006, 11:08 PM   #45
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer

youdawg will you let the boxer in the M3.
As much as I love the boxer I can't go there. We're going to buy the back seat cover for the E90 and let him ride back there.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #46
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Very nice matsarge! Give us a write-up as to the whole process of aquiring the car went.

How much did you get for the Yukon? I bet you enjoy the extra power. 0-60 1.3 seconds faster.

Pretty jelous that you got both cars. You must make some good money. I'll be trading my lease and going for the 2008 M3 in about 15 months. Hoping it won't be more than $850/month for a fully loaded one.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2006, 11:23 PM   #47
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWL
Glad you bought the M3. Please tell us which one you like the best between the two. Before I bought my E90, I had a hard time choosing btw M3 or E90. Wanted to know if I make the right choice.
Let me start by saying that you made the right choice. It's really hard to say which one I like the best because they're different in their own way. The M3 has been a joy to drive around town. The handling and road feel is awesome. You can hear the sounds of the tires as they good bumps/grooves on the highway but you don't feel a thing. The seats in the M are definitely better. I weigh about 30 pounds less than when I bought the E90 and I think the extra weight was one of the reasons I didn't like the sports seats then. I love them now, but I can't say for sure if the sports seats are the same. These look bigger than I remember in the E90.

One of the funny things is that I find myself just cruising on the highway in the middle lane and just letting traffic pass by. Just knowing that if I wanted to I could blow the doors off 99% of the cars on the road is fun enough without showing off and the level of respect this car gets is almost comical.

I took the E90 out for a ride tonight and the M hasn't tainted me as much as I thought it would. The E90 is a different ride in terms of the balance and the ride quality, it tends to let the driver/passenger feel more of the road then the M but in a good way. The M just seems to absorb it before it gets to you.

If I could only keep one, I'm not sure which one I'd pick. If I was single, it would be the M, no question.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2006, 11:42 PM   #48
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Very nice matsarge! Give us a write-up as to the whole process of aquiring the car went.

How much did you get for the Yukon? I bet you enjoy the extra power. 0-60 1.3 seconds faster.

Pretty jelous that you got both cars. You must make some good money. I'll be trading my lease and going for the 2008 M3 in about 15 months. Hoping it won't be more than $850/month for a fully loaded one.
The process went like this.

1) Got there at 5:15. Drove car, loved car, told salesperson to make it happen.
2) Drove car some more.
3) Same as #2.
4) Go back at 7 and waited at dealership and chatted with salesperson until 8 and they confirmed what they could do from their side. Signed "prelim paperwork".
5) Closed out financing through my bank today.
6) Give them a check and sign final paperwork tomorrow.

The dealership and salesperson I use are top notch. Friendly, helpful and honest, not exactly traits you find at most dealerships. I bought my E90 from them and I make sure they get 5's on any survey's so they take care of me.

I don't do too bad. The trick is to always be looking to better yourself, never be happy with what you are doing and get involved in as much as you can. I have 2 (about to be 3 college degrees, all in different fields, Business Admin., IT, and Accounting.) Jobs are too unstable in this era to just learn one trade.

Let me put my Accountant hat on and I'll tell you the other trick. If you have to carry debt, never carry debt on anything that doesn't have an asset attached to it. House, car, etc. It's not about how much money you make, it's how you spend it. The only payments I make each month are on my house and my cars, no unsecured loans, no credit cards or any of the other things that suck money into the pit. I couldn't do what I'm doing if I was saddled with those other things. Not trying to brag, just being honest. Just try following those things and anyone can do what I've done in time if they really want to.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #49
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge
The process went like this.

1) Got there at 5:15. Drove car, loved car, told salesperson to make it happen.
2) Drove car some more.
3) Same as #2.
4) Go back at 7 and waited at dealership and chatted with salesperson until 8 and they confirmed what they could do from their side. Signed "prelim paperwork".
5) Closed out financing through my bank today.
6) Give them a check and sign final paperwork tomorrow.

The dealership and salesperson I use are top notch. Friendly, helpful and honest, not exactly traits you find at most dealerships. I bought my E90 from them and I make sure they get 5's on any survey's so they take care of me.

I don't do too bad. The trick is to always be looking to better yourself, never be happy with what you are doing and get involved in as much as you can. I have 2 (about to be 3 college degrees, all in different fields, Business Admin., IT, and Accounting.) Jobs are too unstable in this era to just learn one trade.

Let me put my Accountant hat on and I'll tell you the other trick. If you have to carry debt, never carry debt on anything that doesn't have an asset attached to it. House, car, etc. It's not about how much money you make, it's how you spend it. The only payments I make each month are on my house and my cars, no unsecured loans, no credit cards or any of the other things that suck money into the pit. I couldn't do what I'm doing if I was saddled with those other things. Not trying to brag, just being honest. Just try following those things and anyone can do what I've done in time if they really want to.
Thanks for the advice.

Now what'd you pay?

Lease or buy it? Considering you said you closed out financing through you bank today I'm guessing you bought it. How much did you get them down from the sticker?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #50
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
who's the man!!?? ......... matsarge, that's who! Cheers mate!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #51
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Thanks for the advice.

Now what'd you pay?

Lease or buy it? Considering you said you closed out financing through you bank today I'm guessing you bought it. How much did you get them down from the sticker?
I bought it. I plan on keeping the car for a while and the resale value on these will always be top shelf so I'm cool there. We had to pull some tricks to take care of the trade because of the poor resale but I got the car for about invoice price.
Appreciate 0