E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Local dealers for service

05-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWA VaTech View Post
I don't think there is such a thing
If there isn't, Tischer would be the closest thing to "mod friendly".

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #24
LilFingers
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Garage List
2012 335is  [0.00]
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWA VaTech View Post
I don't think there is such a thing

I know about the sales department (which may or may not carry over) but, VOB seemed a bit lazy (they wanted to just beat the best offer I got rather then come up with their own) and I have heard bad things for their service department and my Fairfax visit was just worthless. They offered me 2k less in trade in and 1k more for the 335. I have heard service is better then sales though.

I would stick with Passport or Tischer if I were you, they both seem to be very reasonable in my short term experience. Having said that, I live in Gaithersburg and might end up going to VOB for oil changes just for convenience, oil changes are hard to mess up right? lol

My dad took his 5 to VOB for service, this is what they did to it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
f82phan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

^^ WTF?!?!?
      05-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #26
MTrizzy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Recommend against VOB for anything service wise... My brother took his 645 there and they put it into a wall in their own garage... Claimed to have the best paint people "we will fix it, you will never know the difference"....BS I say solid BS...Seems like they are fond of employing hooligans to work in their service department.

As for sales I cant hate on them... they did grant me my M3 at a decent price and an April delivery how can i hate that.

AW E92 M3|E92 LuX|Piaa GTX H3| Rear Fog Light Mod | Ventureshield (Raja)
|Eisenmann Race Exhaust |Macht Schnell Filter | Black Grills | Black Sides | H&R Springs | Fabspeed X-Pipe & High Flow Cats| CF VRS II rep diffuser|Most powerful Scoops in the world|
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:06 AM   #27
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Try Passport BMW.

Stay away from VOB. I've already reported them several times to BMW NA. We need more people to start reporting so we can get something done about them.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #28
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton0311 View Post
So far I've been to VOB, Tischer, Towson and Russell. Tischer so far has been the best so far. Nothing but good things from Tischer.

VOB totally sucked - lost 2 sales (my 335i and wife's X3) from me. I wouldn't be upset if the placed burned to the ground tomorrow (not implying anything they just suck that bad for both sales and service).

Russell was friendly but totally incompetent. Fubared my wife's last oil change and she ended up having to go to VOB because she was nearby. VOB was even worse. When trying to buy her car they couldn't find the X3 she was looking for even though all the other dealers had them in stock.

Towson seemed okay, haven't had any service there but I probably wouldn't go there unless I was in the area.

All in all BMW dealers seem to be worse than other brands for sales and service. My next car probably won't be a BMW based on my overall experience with BMW dealerships.
Go to Passport BMW and speak with John Dugan. Tell him Mo( the one with the black 328xi coupe) sent you. You can't go wrong.
Appreciate 0