E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Supreme Power

Closed Thread

07-14-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Supreme Power

On Friday; Tam@SPP was was helpful and his service was great. I asked him for a quote for a mount+balance+tpms swap for my CSL reps and new tires. He was able to get back to me ASAP.

This is when things started to change;

When I scheduled an appointment with Eric@SPP he told me to come in at 11a.m. telling me it would only take 30-40 minutes max. I thought everything was cool the next day so I came in on my scheduled appointment. Something had went wrong with their mounting machine (It's called hunter something?)

It was about 12:30 and they had still not started doing anything to my car. I was patiently waiting and I even told them I would come back if it was too much of a hassle. Eric kindly said it's cool. I also asked them if they wanted me to take out my rims/tires out of my car because I had packed everything inside and didn't want them to be liable if anything had happened to it. Eric told me it would be ok for them to take it out. So I was cool with that.

Time had been passing by slowly and it had been 3:55 already. I was wondering what took them so long because I got there at 11 a.m. Anyways, I walked outside to see what they were doing to my car and there it was, the car was waiting outside in the parking lot? I walked back inside and asked eric howcome he didn't let me know my car was finished when I had been waiting for so long in the waiting room. He had told me they had finished.

I was happy even though they took so long without notifying me. So as soon as I left the error message came up for the TPMS. I didn't know what was going on so I drove back and made a u-turn. After I got there, they had told me it was cool and it would reset itself. So before I left the mechanic ran outside and said "hey i forgot valve stem caps" so he just put them on and I left.

After I got home, I noticed a tear inside my leather, behind my driver side and there was a scratch on the aluminum trim. I was mad because I had suggested that I would take the tires/wheels out myself, and they insisted on them doing it. After I walked around the car and saw a deep scratch on my front rim. The rims are used but they were in perfectly good condition. So I was real upset about that as well.

So I remained calm and wanted to give Eric a call to see what had happend. After calling him he started yelling at me saying I was rude and that I had made rude remarks because I was at the place and had said "I had to wait like 24 hours dude!" I was shocked because of the unprofessionalism. He had told me I was rude and that he was doing his best on my car, even though it had taken almost 4-5 hours. I did not mind, but I just was mad at the fact they tore a piece of the leather and scratched the front rim. He said his machine wasn't possible of scratching it and that the wheels were used and that I didn't even purchase it from them.

I paid cash and did not receive a receipt because it was a "hookup." He said something about being nice to the e90 guys and taking care of us and that he received something that was unappreciative in return. I don't know what that meant but I was speechless and shocked that he had yelled at me and went off. I told him, "Wouldn't you be mad if you had just bought a new car and you took it to a place to get it worked on and when you got it back it wasn't the same?" His reply was yeah, but I did what I could. So we get off the phone and an hour later he calls me back, and says that he is sorry and that he had a stressful day and completely went off on me. I accepted his apology and he said for me to come in Monday to resolve things. So my question to you guys is what should I do as of now, I am worried about my car cause it's still only 2 months old. Thanks in advanced.

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 03:33 AM   #2
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Wow Jimmy! That was quite a read. I always hear how professional and service oriented SPP is supposed to be but man it sure does not seem like it from what you have written. I especially hate it when vendors give you the "shrug" and apologize AFTER THE FACT. It is still their responsibility but they always just give you the "oh well I tried" attitude and that is just not acceptable.

Very thorough and honest post buddy, if SPP does not resolve this issue, I will be extremely disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #3
robbensays
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 Space Gray #1

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Go back on monday, see what they can do to fix it. How bad is the tear on the leather? pics?
SPACE GRAY e90 ║ Full M-Tech Kit ║ 3D Studie Lip ║ CF Trunk Spoiler ║ Vorsteiner Hood ║ Matte Black Grills ║ H&R Sports Springs ║ Blacklines ║ BMW Performance Stripe ║ Nitto Invo Tires ║ Linea Corse Lemans
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 04:00 AM   #4
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I am really sorry to hear about that man. Personally, i had a absolutely great experience with them so i really hope they work something out with you and resolve this. I believe they will Keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
sorry to hear brother! I would be fucken pissed if they riped my leather but i guess accidents do happen. Just got to be careful where you take your car next time I'm really anal about that stuff in general.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #6
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
That sucks.

Go to BMW and get a quote. Call someone that reapirs wheels and get a quote. Then call your lawyer. Have your lawyer send them a letter and see what they do then. If i was SPower I would rather just pay for the seats and the wheel repair then the seats, wheel repair plus your lawyer fees.

Good luck!
      07-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
Eric is a cool guy, but after reading this, I mean no matter how bad or stressful of a day someone could've had, they should never take it out on a customer...
I'm interested in seeing what they will do to fix you up.
      07-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Jimmy, sorry about the car. I also had some install delays with SPP, but I had to keep reminding myself that it's basically one guy doing most of the work. Eric does seem like the type that will keep providing service until you're satisfied tho. I'm sure something will work out. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Sorry to hear about your experience but as you stated ...." I accepted his apology and he said for me to come in Monday to resolve things." So then what's the point of the post when you haven't even given SupremePower the opportunity to fix the problem??
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience but as you stated ...." I accepted his apology and he said for me to come in Monday to resolve things." So then what's the point of the post when you haven't even given SupremePower the opportunity to fix the problem??
I agree. You seem like a nice guy Saigon, and it's understandable that your under a stressful situation however I don't think this thread should have been made.

Although this is the vendor feedback section and you have the right to let us know of your experiences, it does sort of make SPP look bad even when they said they would take care of you. This thread should have been made if AFTER today (Monday), issues have still not been resolved and further problems arise. Just my two cents...hope you get your car taken care of though.
      07-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

HMM IDK SPP is awesome, and all the workers are friendly and always willing to give a helping hand..shit i love em so much im reppin em hardcore and i dont even work for them..there just cool, honest guys..! go SPP!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
i hope this gets resolved
      07-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

wow yelling at the customer.. no good no good... but atleast he did say sorri...

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

wheres the update!?

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Went in today and issue is pending to be resolved; Eric is going to order the part for me and it's supppose to come in wednesday (Interior leather part behind seatbelt) and will pay for the damages made to the front wheel. Thanks for all your support guys, there was a lot of "nonsense yelling" going on but Eric and I shook hands in the end. I will update you guys when it's all finished.

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbensays View Post
Go back on monday, see what they can do to fix it. How bad is the tear on the leather? pics?
Hubert took some pics; maybe he'll post them up tonight. Thanks for all from the e90 pp, greatly appreciated!

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
NJE93M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Interlagos Blue

wow man sorry to hear that....keep us posted...we all know that customer service is HUGE here on the forums
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #18
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

In business like in life guys there's 3 sides to every story! My version,your version and the truth. Here in the vendor feedback section we typically get one side of the story. Unfortunately in business when owning a shop as I've done in the past your kind've at the mercy of your customers and how they bring their vehicle into your facility unless you run a vehicle inspection report for each and every car you service which becomes quite time consuming. These wheels were loaded and unloaded a few times and while damage could have occured at SupremePower's facility I could also have occured upon the customer loading it into his vehicle or on the drive down to SP's facility. Eric uncharacteristically had some words with this particular customer but he's human and occasionally we all have bad days. But in business you can please 99/100 customers and your still going to run across the occasional issue. Everything could have been avoided by coming in today and simply showing Eric the damage without posting up questioning SP's customer service. You guys are welcome to search 10 yrs of posts on multiple forums for any issues that weren't ultimately alleviated!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread