E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Silicone Vacuum Line Replacement

09-06-2017, 07:11 AM   #199
Sgop335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe sport pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Is that "rear turbo line" the one closer to the windshield?
Is the front nipple also metal?
Just couldn't find where it connected.. Maybe I'll give it a shot again this weekend..
Yes rear one is closer to ws, easier to do. Both have metal barbs. Its easier to do the front by taking vacuum canisters out of the way. I found 4mm hose better for them.
380hp, 390lbft virtual dynojet
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 07:35 AM   #200
arhoads335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
yeah the one going towards the windshield is the rear turbo line. This has a metal nipple, so follow it with you hand and try to memorize where it is. Then rip it off and put the new one down there, spit on the end of the line to help it go on.
The front nipple is also metal this one I'll be honest was difficult for me, I started to get nervous after I pulled it off it is very hard to get your hand in a position to push the new line on. So with my left arm if facing the engine slid my arm through where the line goes from the vacuum solenoid i held the new line right at the nipple and with my right arm i went through the font part of the engine and with a little flat head screw driver I pushed it on.
Just take deep breaths contort your body and arms in weird ways untill you have good leverage. Might be easier to take the vacuum canisters out for the front turbo line. If the rear turbo line is hard for you I would not suggest doing the front one yourself, get someone who kinda knows what they are doing and preferable small hands and skinny forearms.
Exterior/interior: M3 front bumper, CF interior trim, M3 seats
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #201
jwebb335xi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoads335i View Post
yeah the one going towards the windshield is the rear turbo line. This has a metal nipple, so follow it with you hand and try to memorize where it is. Then rip it off and put the new one down there, spit on the end of the line to help it go on.
The front nipple is also metal this one I'll be honest was difficult for me, I started to get nervous after I pulled it off it is very hard to get your hand in a position to push the new line on. So with my left arm if facing the engine slid my arm through where the line goes from the vacuum solenoid i held the new line right at the nipple and with my right arm i went through the font part of the engine and with a little flat head screw driver I pushed it on.
Just take deep breaths contort your body and arms in weird ways untill you have good leverage. Might be easier to take the vacuum canisters out for the front turbo line. If the rear turbo line is hard for you I would not suggest doing the front one yourself, get someone who kinda knows what they are doing and preferable small hands and skinny forearms.
I removed the vacuum canisters to get at the front turbo line. That made it simple!

MHD / Wedge / 93 Octane/ xHP / FMIC / Inlets / Catted DPs / CP / DVs
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #202
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Just changed all my vacuum lines took me like 45 minutes to do and man is idle so much smoother. Just to let everyone know I used the 4mm platinum cured silicone hoses from verocious. I purchased 15'. I even replaced the hardlines running across the valve cover
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #203
Fedorov
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e92 335 Saphire Black

Ok, I finally got the time to do this and those turbo lines where a real pita for sure but it felt great once it was all done.

However, even though the car feels normal to drive normally in traffic today when I got the chance to floor it i noticed that:

* The car didn't give me that "kick in the a**" like it did before where boost kicked in more like "all of a sudden" (I'm on a custom tune).

* I couldn't here the turbos spool when releasing the pedal like I did before. However, when standing still and revving it I thought I could hear them but not as "loud" as before..

Now, since I removed the air filter box to change some of the hoses maybe I didn't tighten it up enough..
I have a COBB accessport so I assume I should do a couple of pulls and do some logging really...

COBB V3 : VRSF 7" FMIC : aFe STG2 Cold Air Intake : BMW Performance Style 313 : Aero Lip : Performance Grill
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #204
Julian2485
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I finally got the time to do this and those turbo lines where a real pita for sure but it felt great once it was all done.

However, even though the car feels normal to drive normally in traffic today when I got the chance to floor it i noticed that:

* The car didn't give me that "kick in the a**" like it did before where boost kicked in more like "all of a sudden" (I'm on a custom tune).

* I couldn't here the turbos spool when releasing the pedal like I did before. However, when standing still and revving it I thought I could hear them but not as "loud" as before..

Now, since I removed the air filter box to change some of the hoses maybe I didn't tighten it up enough..
I have a COBB accessport so I assume I should do a couple of pulls and do some logging really...
What hose did you change that made you have to remove air filter box ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #205
Fedorov
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
The ones extending out from those hard plastic lines. I have an AFE filter air box and it's extending over those lines. Also there was one line sort of running underneath the air box. It's possibly called the manifold vacuum line. It's where the arrow is pointing to in this picture:
https://sayyarti.files.wordpress.com...old_nipple.jpg

Those lines where visible on some picture posted in this thread on some page where a guy installed blue vacuum lines, so yeah I changed those also..

COBB V3 : VRSF 7" FMIC : aFe STG2 Cold Air Intake : BMW Performance Style 313 : Aero Lip : Performance Grill
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #206
arhoads335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thats the line going to the diverter valves or BOV, its possible you created a little crack one the plastic nipples. I saw earlier you were going to use 3mm line is that what you went with?
Exterior/interior: M3 front bumper, CF interior trim, M3 seats
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #207
Julian2485
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
The ones extending out from those hard plastic lines. I have an AFE filter air box and it's extending over those lines. Also there was one line sort of running underneath the air box. It's possibly called the manifold vacuum line. It's where the arrow is pointing to in this picture:
https://sayyarti.files.wordpress.com...old_nipple.jpg

Those lines where visible on some picture posted in this thread on some page where a guy installed blue vacuum lines, so yeah I changed those also..
I have stock box and was able to change those line with out taking the airbox off but you a ace intake so I could see why you had to
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 05:02 AM   #208
Fedorov
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Thats the line going to the diverter valves or BOV, its possible you created a little crack one the plastic nipples. I saw earlier you were going to use 3mm line is that what you went with?
Fortunately I ordered the recommended vericious 3.5mm mentioned in this thread. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to push those hoses onto those nipples otherwise in those hard-to-reach places..

Its possible I made a crack but I considered myself beeing really careful.
And when removing a line up to 16 hrs after using the car I still hear the "swoosh" from the air entering where was the vacuum so maybe it's my imagination..

Also, I got the feeling that I got that sound of air being sucked in earlier because maybe my AFE air box wasn't sufficiently tightened so this could actually be a good thing when I come to think of it..
Just need to get the time to data log some..

Last edited by Fedorov; 09-12-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #209
Julian2485
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Fortunately I ordered the recommended vericious 3.5mm mentioned in this thread. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to push those hoses onto those nipples otherwise in those hard-to-reach places..

Its possible I made a crack but I considered myself beeing really careful.
And when removing a line up to 16 hrs after using the car I still hear the "swoosh" from the air entering where was the vacuum so maybe it's my imagination..

Also, I got the feeling that I got that sound of air being sucked in earlier because maybe my AFE air box wasn't sufficiently tightened so this could actually be a good thing when I come to think of it..
Just need to get the time to data log some..
I used 4mm lines and they all went on nice and smoothly
Appreciate 0