E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Can you add a pre-exisiting sirius subscription to the audio?

09-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Can you add a pre-exisiting sirius subscription to the audio?

Hey guys.. I've searched around but haven't quite found the answer to this questions. I've been a sirius subscriber for a few years with my own module/antenna, etc. Is there a way to use this subscription directly with the car? I recently picked up an '07 e92 with logic7.

I've played around with mounting the device but it's always obtrusive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

I'm not sure if this helps but. I had a previous subscription on my Porsche and when i bought my BMW to use as my commuter i call sirius and ask the to move service over from one car to the other. it was a charge of 75.00 and they also stated i cannot transfer again. I also have a lifetime subscription though. If your car is not come equipped with sirius already I'm sure they sell a kit for an aftermarket setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepeda View Post
I'm not sure if this helps but. I had a previous subscription on my Porsche and when i bought my BMW to use as my commuter i call sirius and ask the to move service over from one car to the other. it was a charge of 75.00 and they also stated i cannot transfer again. I also have a lifetime subscription though. If your car is not come equipped with sirius already I'm sure they sell a kit for an aftermarket setup.
That's good to know! Doesn't really help out with my original question though. No one seems to know
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep

Bump up to see if anybody else knows the answer
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
Bump up to see if anybody else knows the answer
I'm not sure that anyone understands your question.

Your car requires a Sirius module to work. If you have that, then you can move your existing subsciption.

If you don't have a sirius module, then you need to buy the BMW module that fits your car or one of the aftermarket solutions made specifically for your car.

You cannot use a non-compatible Sirius module and use you existing BMW radio to control it.

I've given you a variety of things that may answer your question - if not, please re-state your question.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Taito
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 Alpine White

Not sure if you still have this question or not but I did this today. When I traded in my old car for my new e90, I called sirius and they moved my subscription and within 5 minutes it was active on my new ESN.
Appreciate 0