E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Body Shop Recommendation - South Shore

12-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Bender
To Start Press Any Key, Where's the Anykey?
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 XDrive MSport

Body Shop Recommendation - South Shore

Hey Guys,

Rough morning, some lady decided to rear end me this morning
No one got hurt so that's good, just sad to see my 3 all messed up!
Rear bumper/passenger quarter panel...not my fault obviously, so insurance is taking care of things...and I get to ride in a nice corolla or cruze tomorrow! yah me!

Can anyone recommend a body shops in the south shore area? I did a search and MA guys recommend the first 2 on the list. I'll take the car to one of them if I have to but was hoping to find a reputable shop closer to Easton area. Was going to take it to BMW Gallery Collision center since I figured they may had a hand in repairing a BMW or two...

Thanks!

Monroe Auto Body (Watertown)
Sanossio Auto Body (Natick)
DBA Auto Body (Walpole)
Today's Collision (Malden, Chelsea)
Sublime Restorations (Rowley)
Hanson and Tilton Auto Body (Arlington)
Dick's Auto Body (Somerville)
Auto Engineering Body Works (Belmont)
A-Z Auto Centers (Brighton, Cambridge)

Last edited by Bender; 12-09-2011 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Etek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

I've heard nothing but good things from these 3:

Mike's Auto Body and Collison (Malden)
Dick's Auto Body
Anchor Auto Body (Woburn)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
33finally
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5 - Carbon Black

stoughton a/b on rt. 138 by town spa is a great shop. the owner, mark, typically will fight hard for you to make sure and use all oem parts and no aftermarket.
2005 Acura MDX / touring / family-mobile
1973 Chevy Caprice Classic/convertible/400ci/ restored - Would Sell
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Sansossio's Auto in Framingham is top notch as well. Phil Jr. is a stand-up guy and has worked on a lot of members' cars including mine. Tell him Raph with the black e90 335 with the front lip sent you and he'll take care of you.

*** Stay away from A-Z ***
I went there once for a front end hit and run while parked. Long story short, please don't go there. If you want details, PM me.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Bender
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibo View Post
Sansossio's Auto in Framingham is top notch as well. Phil Jr. is a stand-up guy and has worked on a lot of members' cars including mine. Tell him Raph with the black e90 335 with the front lip sent you and he'll take care of you.

*** Stay away from A-Z ***
I went there once for a front end hit and run while parked. Long story short, please don't go there. If you want details, PM me.
Thanks for the warning about
A-Z. I'm debating on sansossio or stoughton a/b. read nothing but great reports from sansossio customers on here, if it was closer then no question I would go there!
Also know that my bro has used stoughton a/b in the past and was happy with the results but those were Japanese cars, would feel more comfortable with body shops that have worked on bmws so nothing gets overlooked...

Anyways thanks for the suggestions guys, hopefully I'll have my baby back in top shape soon!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
dman330xi
2008 335xi
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi, 2010 528i

Try this shop in the South Shore. They do a lot of work for BMW Gallery...brought my 335xi when i needed some body work done.

http://highwayautobody.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
JeffL
Major
Rep
Drives: C63

sansossio
      12-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
sansossio
third vote for Phil@Sansossio
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Sansossio but you will never get your car back...

I got hit months ago with the Storm, New Bumper Hood, side skirts. headlights plus some dings.

I went there based on all the reviews here about what people said. They do work on a lot of BMW's but they are extremely slow.

I am having them re-do my M3 side-skits cause they did not color match, plus fix gaps. Having them realign my bumper because the gaps for the headlight were way off.

Everybody is very nice, Phil is a good guy also but be prepared to wait i know they are crazy backed up right now and also double check the car to make sure it was done right before you leave.

Here are some examples, I can be picky and the color mismatch is hard to see. I figure when you are paying good money to have everything taken-care of you would expect this things to be fix / spotted. IDK how the bump got there but its OEM mtech they should of heated and put in place.

Car is back at the shop having hood installed / Items corrected. Going on 4 months now... I want my car back....

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Bender
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman330xi View Post
Try this shop in the South Shore. They do a lot of work for BMW Gallery...brought my 335xi when i needed some body work done.

http://highwayautobody.com/
Thanks! I'll look into them as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
Bender
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandroad83 View Post
Sansossio but you will never get your car back...

I got hit months ago with the Storm, New Bumper Hood, side skirts. headlights plus some dings.

I went there based on all the reviews here about what people said. They do work on a lot of BMW's but they are extremely slow.

I am having them re-do my M3 side-skits cause they did not color match, plus fix gaps. Having them realign my bumper because the gaps for the headlight were way off.

Everybody is very nice, Phil is a good guy also but be prepared to wait i know they are crazy backed up right now and also double check the car to make sure it was done right before you leave.

Here are some examples, I can be picky and the color mismatch is hard to see. I figure when you are paying good money to have everything taken-care of you would expect this things to be fix / spotted. IDK how the bump got there but its OEM mtech they should of heated and put in place.

Car is back at the shop having hood installed / Items corrected. Going on 4 months now... I want my car back....

Wow! They must be great ppl to deal with since you still recommend them with all those examples! I don't think I have the luxury to be without a car for a few months, don't think the insurance co will be willing to pay for the car rental for that long.

I am rocking a 2012 sonata as a rental, not bad better then the corolla option.

Thanks again guys for the suggestions, I'm sure this thread will be useful for new members seeking body shop advice...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Bakeneko
--
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 xi

Sublime Restorations, but they're not south shore unfortunately.
They've done a few things for me in the past that have been excellent...never orange peel and perfect color matching/blending. They're highly recommended by pro detailers (e.g., Unique Car Care) and are used by local Lambo, Ferrari, and Aston dealerships.

EDIT: I'm somewhat of a detailing geek, so I'm demanding when it comes to my paintwork.

Last edited by Bakeneko; 12-14-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
Philsans555
Registered
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Lol @ waiting months. I never worked on your car but I saw it sittinngg here waiting for you to decide what hood you were going to Order since the first one was such a pos. the bumper line prob has something tO do with hitting something judging by the damage under it. I guess not showing pics of that is cool. Your skirts came in bent and squished. They were heated several times and they did what they could. I have no prons with people shit talking since I have 100 people that will praise me. There's also been about 8 members that have seen the car and all have the same opinion, pay and have everything blended and fit better. Insurance won't pay is to put your toys on and you don't want to pay extra. If you'd like to use me, my rate start at $50 an hr, $80 for this type of stuff. Sorry for misspells, first time on iPhone lol. And admins, sorry bout 1st post. Phil sansossio
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Hi Phil,
Nice to see you made it to the forums. Please note I am not shit talking anybody here, I don’t know why you’re mad about my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Wow! They must be great ppl to deal with since you still recommend them with all those examples!
As for waiting yes I did have to order a new hood as I was sent one I originally did not want and it did take a few weeks to come in. I know you guys were more than likely backed up / very busy from the storm. Also note the main reason why I went with you guys instead of somebody 3 min down the road was based on the reviews I read on this forum and others. I did in fact post pictures of the accident…..Please review my other threads and you will clearly see. Yes of course I hit something… A huge flying branch that hit my car during a hurricane (that thankfully missed my windshield) hence the reason why I bought my car to a body shop to be fixed.

As for the side skirts and bumper I was showing pictures of what needed to be corrected for the OP. The Mtech bumper came out perfect as far as color matching goes but the side skirts were off of course i would want it corrected.

Also I was given a separate quote for install / painting of the side skirts and everything else that was not part of the original claim. This is the first that I am hearing about I need to pay more to have the skirts match perfectly, guess the original quote was now to low???? I would expect somebody to call me regarding that matter if you did not want to deal with it. When I dropped of the car a few weeks ago I included about 10 different pictures of things I wanted corrected. I did not receive on call about we are not going to do this / it’s going to cost more / if you want everything to be perfect give me more money. I did call about every other day talking to Yanos asking for updates and I just keep getting it will be ready next week, well I called next week and guess what he said… “It will be ready next week” Maybe you can understand a little bit of my frustration here.

Honestly as customer I am a bit confused / taken aback by the fact that you would consult other people about my car instead of talking me the customer. There is some lack of professionalism going on there.

Regardless, looks like I will be calling the shop now….
Appreciate 0