E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > FLASH Tunes available in GTA

05-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #45
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Ownage, read post 31
haha no wonder i didnt see it. It was a loooong post
Damn! for n52 the chip is pricey. Its not like we have turbos and getting crazy hp gains.

Would Love to see dyno results tho.
      05-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #46
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328i -Stick & Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
I'll offer this to three 330 owners and two x28 owners, preferably with 6MT.

If you are interested in this deal, I'd proceed as follows:

1) Read car and re-flash, collect funds (30% off $725 = $508+ HST)

2) you drive the car for 800 to 1000 km's.

3) go to CHAMPION Motors for dyno pulls, I will cover the cost

4) decide if you want the tune or not. If no, I will revert the ECU to stock and give you a refund.
Any chance of outsourcing this tune to the west coast? I'm sure many BC owners would love to try it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #47
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post
Mark this may be a silly question, but do you offer tunes for the 323i?
There are very few silly questions. Yes I can tune your 323i.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #48
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
haha no wonder i didnt see it. It was a loooong post
Damn! for n52 the chip is pricey. Its not like we have turbos and getting crazy hp gains.

Would Love to see dyno results tho.
I have to pay the same amount for the NA files as the turbo files and the time involved is just slightly less, that is why I had to price them as they are. I did price them lower than the turbo files and I compared their pricing to Turner's N52 software: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...-525i-n52.aspx

Mine is a better price plus you save the Fedex shipping to the USA, minimum 2days downtime on the car, plus roughly 1 hour to remove the ECU and another hour to re-install it. (If you are quick you may be able to do it in 45 minutes)

You have to realise that to find gains on a normally aspirated motor such as the N52, there is more work involved. If you go the Turner route, it will cost you much more. You may also want to check the price of a Din@n or GI@C file from a dealer here, it would cost more.

I hope to have some dyno's of cars done at Champion soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #49
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebook View Post
Any chance of outsourcing this tune to the west coast? I'm sure many BC owners would love to try it.
I am very interested to do that as soon as I find a way load cars there easily. I'll work on getting the interest up here in Toronto and then I'll figure out how sell it out there. Either I have to supply a cable to allow loading by the end user (and then the price will have to go up to include the cable) or I have to find a garage in Vancouver to do it, in which case they would have to buy some equipment to flash the cars and a really good power supply like I use. (it can keep the battery voltage at 14V and supply up to 70A )

Last edited by MarkD; 05-30-2011 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #50
teamadobo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i Xdrive

So the tune for the 328i is same for Xdrive and RWD?

Does it put additional stress on the engine? If I only want flash (no intake mod or exhaust) will I feel a difference?

I have a 6MT and considering.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #51
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

flash won't put additional stress on the engine, you will!

sorry, always just funny to see that question pop up in these kinds of threads lol...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #52
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadobo View Post
So the tune for the 328i is same for Xdrive and RWD?

Does it put additional stress on the engine? If I only want flash (no intake mod or exhaust) will I feel a difference?

I have a 6MT and considering.
Both a 2wd and xDrive use similar maps, and they are overlaid onto the file that I read from your car. Each file is made for one car.

My wife's 328i 6MT has a very noticeable difference from software only. Since I flashed it last year, I have talked to the tuner about some other changes he can make and he can send me a new file to test, I just have to find some time to try it out and take it to the dyno. I'd like to do that in the next few weeks. You are welcome to come and test our car as it is now. It's available after 6:30 pm on weekdays.

The extra torque produced with the tune is not going to stress the motor or transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #53
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just so anyone interested in getting the 30% off deal for their 335 knows, 2 cars have already been done. The second just left a few minutes ago. There is one slot left for that deal. (30% off plus dyno run)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #54
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Looks like the last car to come in for a FLASH during the introductory promotion will be an N55... I've done two cars at the special price already but after tuning the first on Saturday it was found that it had various issues including boost problems so it got sent to the dealer on Monday. I'll expect that some of the people who just got the tune will post some feedback in a week or so.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #55
AKF12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi 4DR Sedan

Hey Mark,
Can you please post expected gains in hp/torque and price for 06 330xi (sorry if it was answered somewhere and I missed it)?

Now, can this be done remotely using a read/write reader device? I think I read one tuner company can do this. I'm in windsor, ontario. Unless you can organize a group tune in the windsor/Detroit region. Many many BMW-s here. I can help sensing interest on this forum if possible. Reply or PM.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #56
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKF12 View Post
Hey Mark,
Can you please post expected gains in hp/torque and price for 06 330xi (sorry if it was answered somewhere and I missed it)?

Now, can this be done remotely using a read/write reader device? I think I read one tuner company can do this. I'm in windsor, ontario. Unless you can organize a group tune in the windsor/Detroit region. Many many BMW-s here. I can help sensing interest on this forum if possible. Reply or PM.

Thank you.
I think most of the questions you may have are in this thread that was started for people who have NA cars. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538097

The gains are roughly 8% more torque and hp.

Currently, I don't have a remote cable I can send for thse cars. Most remote cables will VIN lock to a single car, but I will check if I can find something that does not. That is why the tool I use costs alot.

If you can gauge the interest out in Windsor, maybe I can come out one weekend. If 4 cars are interested, I'll drive there. Each car takes 1.5 hours to read so I can't do much more than 5 READs in a day. The idea may be to read most cars on a Saturday, and have them come back on Sunday to load the file. But I'll try to load as many people from across the border as possible the same day, and load the local cars on the next day.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #57
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hello 335 owners, I am looking for three more people who would like to get software for their 2WD cars at the introductory price. The reason is that of the three people who signed up for this, the status of the cars is as follows:

1) flashed car but found it has many issues that need to be resolved at the dealer, this will take at least another week

2) flashed car, it works well, but I can't contact that owner as I realise he never sent me his contact info or even a PM, and I don't think he is on E90 Post, and his number has rolled off my callerId. I had wanted to ask him to go to the dyno now and post a review.

3) the third person has checked with the dealer and has to go in for updates before I work on the car.

So right now, I'd like to find three more 335's, all with 2WD, that are up to date and would like to get in on the special price, and who can get it done soon and then write a review after. I am even willing to do before and after dyno runs on the same day, and another run 1000 km's or so later.

Please email or PM if if you are interested, or add your name to this thread and I'll contact you.

Thanks,

MarkD
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #58
mekael
Rep
Drives: e92

Hello Mark,

I have a 335 6mt 2WD, stock, uptodate and am interested in your tune. Have you got an dyno charts from your supplier in Europe. I realize your flash may be slightly different but potentially results will similar?

Lastly, would you be willing to divulge your European source so that we may do some research before committing to your tune?

Thanks

Last edited by mekael; 06-07-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #59
IB6UB9ok
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
LMAO...c'mon bro...he won't even (or even can't) tell us 1 simple detail such as the percentage of timing increase (if any)! What makes you think he's going to tell you where/who he acquires these files from?

Also, where do you get "It's roughly 8% more torque and hp at the highest rpm and load, and a bit more than 8$ at lihter loads and lower rpm's." Post #13 http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536894

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekael View Post
Hello Mark,

I have a 335 6mt 2WD, stock, uptodate and am interested in your tune. Have you got an dyno charts from your supplier in Europe. I realize your flash may be slightly different but potentially results will similar?

Lastly, would you be willing to divulge your European source so that we may do some research before committing to your tune?

Thanks
BMS PBX/full OEM M-Tech/Perf SSK/Perf strut bar/Perf exhaust/Perf steering wheel/Perf CF trunk spoiler/Perf Handbrake lever/AFe Stage 2 intake/Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors all around/Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads/M3 front Control Arms/SS brake lines/Koni Yellows/H&R sport springs/Pilot Super Sports all around/PIAA angel eyes/matte black grills/CF splitters/20% tints all-around
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #60
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
The offer's not valid for a 325 isnt it? ;p

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #61
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekael View Post
Hello Mark,

Thanks
Hello mekael,

I have dyno charts from Europe but I didn't want to post them here as they were done on the dyno of a ciustomer he tunes for, and that customer sells all over Europe.

You won't be able to do much research as the tuner who developed this does not advertise his x35 tunes anywhere. Since they are sold under other well known names, you would only be able to find those names.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #62
jdmdc2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i 2009 LCI

Flash Tunes Review

Hey guys,

I recently had my e90 335i flashed with Mark D and just wanted to vouch for his work. To give you guys a quick summary and review of what you can expect. I purchased the vehicle new in 2009 and was very happy with the car, and after a few months I began to notice some flaws in my opinion that began to become more irritating. I noticed lag when I would stop at stop signs, or when accelerating on the highway I would notice a hesitation in throttle response. In all honesty i wanted more out of the car and in doing some research I came across some flash tunes and Marks program. He had a long list of people that spoke highly of his work from experienced bmw technicians to everyday drivers such as myself. I had the program installed about a month ago and was surprised at how quick it takes for such an increase in power. Instantly i noticed it, from the throttle response, to the power at your foot was unreal. The stock tires i had on at the time had a difficulty gripping even in 2nd and 3rd gear. It was like a completely new car! Since then, I have not had any issues with the car and or Mark!, and has been there weeks later to answer any questions I have had come up. We have arranged to have the car dynoed and will post up some numbers cause at the end of the day that's what matters!!
Appreciate 0