E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 335xi sedan E90 Window down, rolls 1/4 way up and then rolls back down.

01-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
512_335xi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 335XI 6MT

2011 335xi sedan E90 Window down, rolls 1/4 way up and then rolls back down.

I'm in the midwest, its cold. had my windows tinted monday and opened one for the 1st time today. Window rolled down without issue.
Rolled back up and it goes 1/4 the way and then back down. Tried the push the button down for 5, 17, and 30 sec tricks from looking on this forum, and unplugging battery. still no go. Took the door apart and nothing seems stuck or jammed, the tint did not come off and get stuck or wound into regulators etc.

Any last minute suggestions before the car goes to the dealer?
Thanks in advance.

Video of the problem:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/coil..._1332.mp4.html
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by coil222 View Post
I'm in the midwest, its cold. had my windows tinted monday and opened one for the 1st time today. Window rolled down without issue.
Rolled back up and it goes 1/4 the way and then back down. Tried the push the button down for 5, 17, and 30 sec tricks from looking on this forum, and unplugging battery. still no go. Took the door apart and nothing seems stuck or jammed, the tint did not come off and get stuck or wound into regulators etc.

Any last minute suggestions before the car goes to the dealer?
Thanks in advance.

Video of the problem:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/coil..._1332.mp4.html
Ask your tint installer about it... maybe they messed it up. Also you do know that e9x's have an issue with scratching the tint because of the hard rubber inner weather strip. You need to stop rolling the windows until you find out if the installer addressed this issue by doing one of the following two fixes:

1) cut off the lower weather strip which is just hard rubber with no felt/moleskin
2) install moleskin/felt on top of the hard rubber: http://www.tintprotector.com/bmw/

i learned the hard way
if i were to do it again... i would have them cut off the hard rubber instead of doing the tintprotector. you can look up the DIY and pop out the inner weather strips yourself in like a couple minutes per window. drive without them until you get a real fix because YOU WILL SCRATCH THE TINT. Make sure you get a scratch warranty in writing from your installer that they will cover the film replacement AND the labor to remove the old film and install the new one.

maybe your rolling issue is the window needs to learn the antitrapping/window limits again... someone has a diy on how to do that OR maybe a window regulator failed OR maybe when installing the tint water got into the electronic and messed up something??
Appreciate 0