E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ALUFELGEN.....Is TERRIBLE!!!

Closed Thread

03-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Bmax30
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I

ALUFELGEN.....Is TERRIBLE!!!

I signed up for a so called "sponsor" deal back in Oct of 2011 and I still only have 3 rims over 5 months later.......The customer service is terrible and if there is any vendors that would help me with the last rim I need that would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

hmm well i guess if i wanted 3 wheels only ill know where to go from now on! thanks lol

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmax30 View Post
I signed up for a so called "sponsor" deal back in Oct of 2011 and I still only have 3 rims over 5 months later.......The customer service is terrible and if there is any vendors that would help me with the last rim I need that would be awesome

Last edited by cssnms; 03-12-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ps

After researching for weeks on the internet about Alufelgen regarding quality issues and customer service, I walked away. I mean, what does one expect for a $1000 set of rims? Instead, I bought a set of OEM BMW rims, yes it did cost me $3K as opposed to $1K, but I have the peace of mind of OEMs and depreciation value. I'm sure people here have a set of Alfelgen rims w/ 100,000 miles and still look new. my 2 cents.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotichamster View Post
After researching for weeks on the internet about Alufelgen regarding quality issues and customer service, I walked away. I mean, what does one expect for a $1000 set of rims? Instead, I bought a set of OEM BMW rims, yes it did cost me $3K as opposed to $1K, but I have the peace of mind of OEMs and depreciation value. I'm sure people here have a set of Alfelgen rims w/ 100,000 miles and still look new. my 2 cents.

cheers
it doesnt matter that alufegen are cheaper wheels, price is irrelevant. a customer deserves:
1) four wheels, when they purchase a set
2) round wheels, it is inherent in the definition of a wheel , and is only good business practice
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
EJ_3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.34]
2016 Ram 1500 Sport  [8.00]
1994 BMW 525i  [10.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [8.66]
I take it you were effected by the "Great October Back Order." I know your pain, I didn't receive my set until January... but everything is good now. I wish you the best of luck.
      03-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
I take it you were effected by the "Great October Back Order." I know your pain, I didn't receive my set until January... but everything is good now. I wish you the best of luck.
Except my "backorder" story goes back to 2010, one of many that have occurred since. It's like that everytime they sell out of wheels; vendors/buyers left hanging for months on end, followed by one BS lie after the other. It's like groundhog day all over again!

Glad everything is good now, just don't hit a pothole and damage your wheel because you will be shit out of luck, like me and some others.

Last edited by cssnms; 03-02-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmax30 View Post
Brian,

You placed an order with us for a complete set of wheels. We shipped this order via USPS Express mail to an APO address in Germany. A few weeks after you came to us and mentioned there was a rim that might have gotten lost. We contacted USPS and they said they needed 45 days to file a claim. After the 45 days passed and the rim eventually didn't show up we offered you a replacement for FREE and only charged you the shipping cost which was about $60. Yes, it has taken us longer than expected for us to ship your replacement wheel. We had some issues with Google Checkout. I`ll personally see it that your wheel is shipped out on Monday but please let us not be the ones carrying all the weight when USPS was the one that lost the wheel and we are offering you a replacement for free.

Please contact me sale Info@ALUFELGENWheels.com and I`ll make sure to get you your tracking number by Monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Except my "backorder" story goes back to 2010, one of many that have occurred since. It's like that everytime they sell out of wheels; vendors/buyers left hanging for months on end, followed by one BS lie after the other. It's like groundhog day all over again!

Glad everything is good now, just don't hit a pothole and damage your wheel because you will be shit out of luck, like me and some others.
Thanks for the heads up cssnms. It sucks that you are getting the run around, I wish you the best of luck. I guess it's back to drawing board, and I really liked the Alufelgens too, but I don't have the time and patience for bad customer service.
      03-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
protoType_540i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

I am actually in the market for wheels....glad I found out this our before placing an order. Thanks for the info guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
Thanks for the heads up cssnms. It sucks that you are getting the run around, I wish you the best of luck. I guess it's back to drawing board, and I really liked the Alufelgens too, but I don't have the time and patience for bad customer service.
There is always two sides for every story. Things are not as described by cssnms.

cssnms ordered a set of wheels and several months later he contacted us saying one of his wheels was out of round. Wheels either are out of round or are straight from factory. What he experienced was a bent/damaged wheel possibly due to road hazard.

We saw the cssnms at Bimmerfest and offered him a free replacement. According to this email and the cssnms said the condition "It's slight, so I can wait until you get stock in." We were supposed to receive the wheel he needed in January but we had a shortage of Hyperblack on that batch.

As soon as the stock of Hyperblacks comes in, he`ll be notified and the replacement will be sent.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
Feli_330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18’ M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoType_is View Post
I am actually in the market for wheels....glad I found out this our before placing an order. Thanks for the info guys.
I wouldn’t base my decision on just one customer’s bad experience in such an especial circumstance…. International shipping, USPS loosing a wheel, etc…

I had the complete opposite experience with Alufelgen, I purchased a set of hyperblack SF-71s over a year ago for my 335i. The wheels are awesome and the car looks great, I get compliments all the time on the street. Not to mention the smoothness of the transaction and the great customer service I received.

So I beat on these wheels for over a year, including road trips, rough climate, and autocross events…. Had an issue with the finish of the wheels so I gave them a call, they offered to replace the entire set of wheels, they happened to not have the same hyperblack finish in stock, so they let me choose another finish FREE of charge, now that IS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I couldn’t be happier now!

I hope everything gets resolved for Bmax30, I am sure they will take care of him.
That was my experience with Alufelgen.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
CMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

I`m on the other end of the spectrum as well. I had a very good experience with alufelgen. Ran black 19" CSL on my M3 with no problems, excellent quality on both finish and durability. I originally wanted hyperblack and it was out of stock and decided on matte black. Ran into some tire issues while mounting and they were on the phone throughout the entire mounting process. Great after sales as well.
      03-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUFELGEN View Post
There is always two sides for every story. Things are not as described by cssnms.

cssnms ordered a set of wheels and several months later he contacted us saying one of his wheels was out of round. Wheels either are out of round or are straight from factory. What he experienced was a bent/damaged wheel possibly due to road hazard.

We saw the cssnms at Bimmerfest and offered him a free replacement. According to this email and the cssnms said the condition "It's slight, so I can wait until you get stock in." We were supposed to receive the wheel he needed in January but we had a shortage of Hyperblack on that batch.

As soon as the stock of Hyperblacks comes in, he`ll be notified and the replacement will be sent.
You're absolutely right, there is "always" two sides to a story. And when the smoke clears, there's the truth. I'll be watching this one with a keen eye, to see how it turns out.

As a side note, Hyperblacks are the finish I'm most interested in. Are all of your distributors/resellers out of Hyperblacks, until your shipment comes in???
      03-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Alufelgen: I've got to say you guys are hard to get a hold of. Do you have a phone yet? I bought a set of your original CS7's 3 years ago and was promised centercaps a couple years ago but never received them. NVM. I sold them last year and moved on to something much lighter (almost same price) and doesn't require 14 wheel weights to roadforce balance. If you say you're going to do something, do it. That's customer service.
      03-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
JTWCT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Alufelgen: I've got to say you guys are hard to get a hold of. Do you have a phone yet? I bought a set of your original CS7's 3 years ago and was promised centercaps a couple years ago but never received them. NVM. I sold them last year and moved on to something much lighter (almost same price) and doesn't require 14 wheel weights to roadforce balance. If you say you're going to do something, do it. That's customer service.
What kind of wheels did you end up getting? I'm glad I stumbled upon this. I was just about to pull the trigger on Alufelgens...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWCT View Post
What kind of wheels did you end up getting? I'm glad I stumbled upon this. I was just about to pull the trigger on Alufelgens...
pm'd
      03-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Anyone reading this thread should look up the one cssnms started earlier last year. Awful customer service.
      03-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
JDLM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post

You PM'd me requesting that I not post negative reviews because it takes food off your plate. Well, all you/Alufelgen had to do in order to prevent things from escalating was to satisfy a simple customer request within a reasonable amount of time. After yesterday's e-mail from your office asking what replacement I was inquiring about, I was sent over the edge. I PM'd you all of my contact information, so if you have something to say or want to rectify the issue feel free to contact me, I am done trying to get any kind of response from you guys.

Did this really happen? I want to see those posted
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

All is good, Alufelgen stepped up and addressed the issue, replacement wheel received within 2 days. It's also worth mentioning they also hired a new person to service existing customers.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread