E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Help with leather

02-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
Help with leather

I currently have the black leatherette seats in my car and I don't mind them at all but I have been having a slight problem. The leather is cracking on my driver side. I've noticed about two spots now and they are rather large. Is there a way to seal them that looks decent? For example are leather repair shops going to do anything? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #2
larrysing
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport, Nav/Blinds

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black09BMW View Post
I currently have the black leatherette seats in my car and I don't mind them at all but I have been having a slight problem. The leather is cracking on my driver side. I've noticed about two spots now and they are rather large. Is there a way to seal them that looks decent? For example are leather repair shops going to do anything? Thanks!
In most areas, you can find companies which do leather crack repairs like that. They are remarkably good at it, if you find the right company.

I first used this service in the early 1990s on a Toyota Cressida with leather seats and a large crack on the side bolster, driver side.

The repair matched the color of the leather perfectly, and seriously you could not even tell there was a repair done. This technique I'm sure has gotten even better over the last 20+ years.

Good luck !!
Appreciate 0