E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Tischer BMW - Recommendations

10-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Tischer BMW - Recommendations

If I decide to take my car to Tischer for service instead of VOB am I still eligable for a BMW loaner at this dealer since I didn't buy my car there? I generally always buy parts for my cars from Tischer's parts dept and have been nothing but satisfied and I've heard good things about their service dept.

If so, can someone recommend a GOOD BMW enthusist SA that won't give me any shit over a few light mods (aftermarket wheels/springs/cat back exhaust)?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
BigWalmac
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Hey, cssnms.

Nice to see another MDer...

I bought my 328 in VA and I get serviced from Tischer. If you call early enough in advance and request a loaner they should hook you up. I have never had a problem. (knock on wood)

As for a friendly SA who will turn a blind eye to mods, I have no recomendation. First off, if someone knows, it is likely best done through PM as to not get that person in trouble by people who may troll these forums. Second, I think most delers are cracking down on this stuff. If you need waranty work on an engine after Cat mods you are SOL, but that said, I don't think aftermarket rims are any problem.

If you do find someone highly recomended, please PM as I would love to know another enthusist SA, even though I have no waranty voiding mods.

Good luck!
Mine: 2009 328i Sedan | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Trim | Sports | Premium | Cold Weather | Paddle Shifters | 35% Tint | Colored Roundels | Polarized Lense | ... and Lots of Pride
Hers: 2001 X5 3.0 | Titanium Silver | Grey Dakota Leather | Premium | Activity Package| Climate Package | 200,000 miles + |... and lots of repairs!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks BigWalmac. Perhaps Evan or Jason will chime in and or PM me. It would be nice to know I have the option, 9 times out of 10 I really need that loaner! I've never been hassled at VOB, it's just their service/customer service stinks which doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

As for aftermarket mods, I don't believe I have any warranty voiding modifications done to my car, even the cat back exhaust, which leaves all cats in-place wouldn't qualify; it's just a higher quality, straighter, lighter, exhaust than OEM made from stainless steel. . I just get some comfort in knowing that the SA I am going to is a BMW enthuseist, which generally means they "get it." Not asking anyone to turn a blind eye in my case, it's all out there, but if they "get it" they know that what I have done to my car shouldn't/wouldn't lead to any issues. I've read one to many stories where SA's who know way to little about the inner workings of cars are quick to blame the dumbest mod on an unrealated problem they are unable to figure out - just creates a real headache and that's what I am trying to avoid.

I've heard BMW of Sterling has some good SA that fit the bill, but that's just to far for me to drive.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalmac View Post
Hey, cssnms.

Nice to see another MDer...

I bought my 328 in VA and I get serviced from Tischer. If you call early enough in advance and request a loaner they should hook you up. I have never had a problem. (knock on wood)

As for a friendly SA who will turn a blind eye to mods, I have no recomendation. First off, if someone knows, it is likely best done through PM as to not get that person in trouble by people who may troll these forums. Second, I think most delers are cracking down on this stuff. If you need waranty work on an engine after Cat mods you are SOL, but that said, I don't think aftermarket rims are any problem.

If you do find someone highly recomended, please PM as I would love to know another enthusist SA, even though I have no waranty voiding mods.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Kevin Hull, Jack Barber, Kristina Williams at Tischer. Ted Ibach or Peter Herman at Sterling.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
Kevin Hull, Jack Barber, Kristina Williams at Tischer. Ted Ibach or Peter Herman at Sterling.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thanks.
NP. You're in Maryland, so I would always take it to Tischer 100%.
Appreciate 0