E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Slow motion, Squirrel sniper kill shot!

12-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #45
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Hog Hunting POV

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #46
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehwnnc View Post
Get your peta shit out of here. I enjoyed the video thanks for the share. People have been hunting since the beginning of time. Would it please you people if it was a bow and arrow or a rock?

Hunting = man's survival
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #47
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

That rattle snake bow kill was sick!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #48
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Lol, there are some b*tches in this thread.

I have several air rifles, equipped with night vision and infrared gear and I routinely shoot huge rats in the basement of my buddy's bakery. No, I do not eat any of the rats. They are pests and they destroy equipment and ruin food supplies. My friend stores all his food supplies in thick plastic bins and even still the rats find a way to chew and scratch right through the bins.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #49
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Sounds like a nasty ass bakery.
LOL I was thinking the same. Maybe call some kind of pest control to fix problem more permanently. Although pretending you're playing splinter cell on weekends must be fun too
      12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #50
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

A predator killing and then eating it's prey is part of the natural cycle of life. Happens all the time with different animals up and down the food chain, usually not captured on video. You can't be opposed to that happening unless you are a vegan, or are OK with being a huge hypocrite.

What is kinda disturbing, however, is getting your rocks off watching video of it happening. Obviously if you dont watch it, that doesnt mean the animal doesnt die, but I'm not sure what the appeal is of watching this stuff.

On TV once they had video of a lion taking down a gazelle. Usually they deliver a kill bite to the neck right away, and it's over quick. This time, it appeared the lion was teaching it's babies how to hunt & kill, so there was no quick end. It dragged on and on, and at some point I could watch no longer.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, she has to teach her cubs how to fend for themselves, that's nature. That gazelle drew the short straw, unfortunately one of them has to.

The fact that it happened didnt bother me, but the idea that there are people out there who would sit there, gleefully examining every last frame of footage at the end, that's kinda wrong, if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #51
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep

Obviously this thread is identifying the outdoors hunter..and the tree hugger.

Oh the poor squirel..its so cruel..c'mon..get real.

Hunting is one of the greatest sports/passtimes ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #52
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Sounds like a nasty ass bakery.
Most if not all food places have a pest problem and there is no permanent solution
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Not really. I served in the German military for 4 years, and I'm far from being a hippie. Hunting animals never appealed to me, but I have no problems with folks doing it, it's just not for me. My issue lies with the video itself, not sure why people enjoy watching that. In my experience the folks who love this stuff and talk 'big' are the ones who shit their pants first. Seen it many times. If people feel like real men when hunting a tiny squirrel, they might wanna upgrade to something more challenging.... like people with guns.
I grew up hunting..a long time tradition in my family..there really is no subsitute for the sensation of having to rely on only your senses in the outdoors to score a kill..but i see your point..anyone that would get some sort of twisted pleasure out of watching the kill is obviously disturbed..any hunter who is taught properly knows there is always respect for the animal you take down.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #54
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Not really. I served in the German military for 4 years, and I'm far from being a hippie. Hunting animals never appealed to me, but I have no problems with folks doing it, it's just not for me. My issue lies with the video itself, not sure why people enjoy watching that. In my experience the folks who love this stuff and talk 'big' are the ones who shit their pants first. Seen it many times. If people feel like real men when hunting a tiny squirrel, they might wanna upgrade to something more challenging.... like people with guns.
Quote:
Why can't we hunt something cool like a hawk or an eagle, something with some talons?

Jeremy Grey: That'd be awesome. We could get something like big game. Even like a gorilla or a rhinoceros or a fucking human being! That'll get you jacked up.

John Beckwith: That's a little heavy.

Jeremy Grey: I mean like, hunt a human being right now, "Most Dangerous Game". Like a worthy adversary. Not a human being that's armed, but a clever, a clever, human being who knows the jungle. Or the woods.
      12-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #55
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER
Quote:
Quote:
Why can't we hunt something cool like a hawk or an eagle, something with some talons?

Jeremy Grey: That'd be awesome. We could get something like big game. Even like a gorilla or a rhinoceros or a fucking human being! That'll get you jacked up.

John Beckwith: That's a little heavy.

Jeremy Grey: I mean like, hunt a human being right now, "Most Dangerous Game". Like a worthy adversary. Not a human being that's armed, but a clever, a clever, human being who knows the jungle. Or the woods.
:

I read this and immediately thought of the movie "The Pest" lol
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #56
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
If you dont think hunting or eating meat is necessary, you need to brush up on your history. We would not be where we are today as the human race, or as America (for those of you living here) if people did not hunt. Without that source of protein we would not have survived hundreds of years ago. Yes as society has progressed and modernized, hunting has turned more into sport than a crucial survival skill. However some people like to get their natural food the natural way and not buy it from an overpriced store full of hippies. That makes me want to rant about the whole movement against processed foods, but i'll save that for later. And yes there have been period, and still some cases now, of over hunting certain animals to extinction or near extinction and THAT is wrong.

Ultimately you have to realize, IT'S A FUCKING SQUIRREL! Squirrels are pests, a rodent, and have almost no value to nature. They will make your home their home, then destroy your home from within by eating through wires, tearing up insulation and making more holes than there should be, oh and shit everywhere. You defend the squirrel now until you have a nest in your attic.

What this guy was doing was showing how he killed the squirrel, yes the slow motion replay may have been a little tasteless, but to say that he himself should be shot is ludicrous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
I hope one day the guy in the video is on the other side of that scope
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgrandma View Post
What a piece of shit. Somebody should shoot him right in his face... I don't care if he eats the squirrels or not.
You defend a squirrel and want a human to be killed because he is hunting for food? If I set up a meeting with you and the guy who made this video, and gave you a gun would you honestly shoot him? Would you sit there and watch him bleed out begging for help because you dont know how to make a clean kill let alone you probably do not know how to use a firearm. I want you to imagine yourself in that situation and think about what you said about this man you don't know. What if it was one of your family members or a close friend who made this video, would you still want them to die? Or what about if someone made a video of this man being shot, would you watch it and be happy? To wish death on another human over the internet makes you feel so much bigger of a person than him doesn't it? You're a coward is all and your family should be ashamed of you. Get the fuck out of here and shut the fuck up. Realize where you came from and how you got here.

Also just because you view this video as some twisted psychopath's source of entertainment doesn't mean everyone else does too. This can be educational to someone who has a squirrel problem and needs to kill them rather than trap and release them somewhere else only for them to come back.

In regards to the comment about airguns not being good for hunting, you obviously dont know shit about them. He isn't using a Red Rider BB gun. Varmint air guns are common and shoot at a pretty high velocity. Also theres the choice of pellets that can do serious damage at that velocity, especially to a small animal. If you had the right pellet with a fast enough gun you could probably kill a human if you hit them in the right spot too.

My main point is to educate yourself before you post stupid comments. Heres a little reading for those of you who think squirrels only exist to be cute. http://www.farmersalmanac.com/home-g...ray-squirrels/
      12-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #57
Low Gravity
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i, 135i, s52 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
If you dont think hunting or eating meat is necessary, you need to brush up on your history. We would not be where we are today as the human race, or as America (for those of you living here) if people did not hunt. Without that source of protein we would not have survived hundreds of years ago. Yes as society has progressed and modernized, hunting has turned more into sport than a crucial survival skill. However some people like to get their natural food the natural way and not buy it from an overpriced store full of hippies. That makes me want to rant about the whole movement against processed foods, but i'll save that for later. And yes there have been period, and still some cases now, of over hunting certain animals to extinction or near extinction and THAT is wrong.

Ultimately you have to realize, IT'S A FUCKING SQUIRREL! Squirrels are pests, a rodent, and have almost no value to nature. They will make your home their home, then destroy your home from within by eating through wires, tearing up insulation and making more holes than there should be, oh and shit everywhere. You defend the squirrel now until you have a nest in your attic.

What this guy was doing was showing how he killed the squirrel, yes the slow motion replay may have been a little tasteless, but to say that he himself should be shot is ludicrous!

You defend a squirrel and want a human to be killed because he is hunting for food? If I set up a meeting with you and the guy who made this video, and gave you a gun would you honestly shoot him? Would you sit there and watch him bleed out begging for help because you dont know how to make a clean kill let alone you probably do not know how to use a firearm. I want you to imagine yourself in that situation and think about what you said about this man you don't know. What if it was one of your family members or a close friend who made this video, would you still want them to die? Or what about if someone made a video of this man being shot, would you watch it and be happy? To wish death on another human over the internet makes you feel so much bigger of a person than him doesn't it? You're a coward is all and your family should be ashamed of you. Get the fuck out of here and shut the fuck up. Realize where you came from and how you got here.

Also just because you view this video as some twisted psychopath's source of entertainment doesn't mean everyone else does too. This can be educational to someone who has a squirrel problem and needs to kill them rather than trap and release them somewhere else only for them to come back.

In regards to the comment about airguns not being good for hunting, you obviously dont know shit about them. He isn't using a Red Rider BB gun. Varmint air guns are common and shoot at a pretty high velocity. Also theres the choice of pellets that can do serious damage at that velocity, especially to a small animal. If you had the right pellet with a fast enough gun you could probably kill a human if you hit them in the right spot too.

My main point is to educate yourself before you post stupid comments. Heres a little reading for those of you who think squirrels only exist to be cute. http://www.farmersalmanac.com/home-g...ray-squirrels/
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #58
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontrelli View Post
any hunter who is taught properly knows there is always respect for the animal you take down.
Precisely!

Now then, on to my soap box as they say in order to address some comments made by others.

I come from a family of hunters. I don't do it myself as it isn't for me. With that said, my family holds true to what Pontrelli mentioned. In addition to this, we are taught from very early age that when we take from nature, we give back as well.

My family plants a tree for each animal taken down during a hunt. We were taught that failure to give back to nature results in nature being out of balance.

I did not watch the video and don't care to. Some here claim the video is warped, I won't necessarily disagree with this opinion, but to wish the death of the hunter is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Last edited by Fox128i; 12-13-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #59
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
We are discussing different things here, hunting, and the video.

Hunting is a essential part of who we are, and although it is not my cup of tea, I have absolutely no issue with it, I eat meat, and I know a lot of great folks who enjoy that hobby.

And for the record, I'm also not a big fan of squirrels.

I roll my eyes at folks who post a video telling us to fast forward to see the slow motion kill shot. (Please note, the OP never returned to his own thread).

To me, videos like these are pointless, and unnecessary. And if you get excited over that video it makes you a sad individual.

I've met folks like these, and most of the time they are the very opposite of being tough guys. I've seen very compassionate "tree huggers" who will hold the line against any threat. Just my observation and 2 cents.
I guess your opinion is the only one that counts in the universe.

Also so what if they aren't "tough guys"? Why does someone have to be "tough" to shoot rodents? And I guess every person who has ever shot an animal falls into the same category huh?
      12-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #60
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

I don't think anyone watching that video is getting pleasure out of watching the squirrel die. I think someone would watch it and appreciate the clean kills and well placed shots. I thought that the camera through the scope tech was pretty cool.

In any event, a squirrel is basically just a rat that happens to have a bushy tail.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #61
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Most if not all food places have a pest problem and there is no permanent solution
+1

In Chinatown or any tightly packed urban area, it is impossible for you to find a single business that stored or served food without a pest problem. If you think otherwise, then you are truly naive. My buddy has tried his best to minimize the problem but there is zero chance of eradicating it short of dropping a bomb on the entire neighborhood. Like I said earlier, all food supplies are stored in thick plastic bins and he has already paid for pest control/exterminators numerous times and it just simply does not work and they breed faster than you can kill them.

Regarding the Splinter Cell comment, yeah it was exactly like that and it was quite fun actually.

Not my video but it was exactly like this in a much smaller, enclosed basement space.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #62
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post

It may be just a fucking squirrel to you
But it's a life
Just because it can't make pseudo witty remarks, or because it can't shoot a gun
Doesn't make it any less important
The only real coward is someone who thinks its funny to shoot a video killing defenseless animals

Oh and I don't particularly like your racist remark
Wtf do you mean where you came from and how you got here?
      12-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #63
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
We are discussing different things here, hunting, and the video.

Hunting is a essential part of who we are, and although it is not my cup of tea, I have absolutely no issue with it, I eat meat, and I know a lot of great folks who enjoy that hobby.

And for the record, I'm also not a big fan of squirrels.

I roll my eyes at folks who post a video telling us to fast forward to see the slow motion kill shot. (Please note, the OP never returned to his own thread).

To me, videos like these are pointless, and unnecessary. And if you get excited over that video it makes you a sad individual.

I've met folks like these, and most of the time they are the very opposite of being tough guys. I've seen very compassionate "tree huggers" who will hold the line against any threat. Just my observation and 2 cents.
I posted this video because I like to hunt sometimes, and personally I thought that this video was entertaining, so I shared it, it's that simple. The squirrel didn't suffer, so I don't see how anyone would think it was sick to watch the video, it was a nice shot, and I thought it was pretty damn cool, that's the whole story. As far as your claim that I didn't return, well that's not true I posted a few times on the first page, and then I got busy with other things.

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #64
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep

This thread is like an episode of Amish Mafia
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #65
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

This thread has exceeded it's maximum seriousness level.....
      12-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #66
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

AMERICA!