E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N53 idle issue. HELP with codes please

05-13-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
Firas1000
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93

N53 idle issue. HELP with codes please

recently purchased an E93 330 N53 AUTO with 105K
I noticed a rough idle particularly after a good run or when the engine is warm. It would start to hesitate on acceleration and RPMs drop and occasionally it would cut out. From cold it usually starts fine and drives ok. It pulls through all the gears well and has no loss of power. I have done the following so far: Full service including new plugs Changed all 6 coil packs Replaced intake manifold pressure sensor I have the INPA reader and after clearing all codes it has thrown the following codes

: 30C3 - Oil pressure sensor
30E9 - Nitric Oxide catalytic converter, ageing
2B07 - Nitric Oxide sensor, electric
2B06 - Nitric Oxide sensor, lambda linear
2AFB - Nitric Oxidie sensor lamda binary
2B05 - NOX sensor heating

I am in 2 minds at the moment as to what to do or change next. Could the NOX sensor be faulty and cause the rough idle? Is it any other sensor causing my issue? Could it be the injectors- although i think the previous owner had them done along with the fuel pump recall; my cold starts are generally ok.
Do i take off the intake manifold and clean etc? Any advice would be great so i can try and avoid changing things unnecessarily. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 11:49 AM   #2
3RC4N
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 N53

Hello,
I have almost the same problem, could you fix it?
Appreciate 0