E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Mak's Stage 3 Sound upgrade with P88RS JL XD600/6 JL 1000/1 JL 12W7 Focal 100KRS

03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #89
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Sam you are a true audiphile mate. Wish I lived closer to you. I'd just hand over my keys and let you play with the settings to bring it to optimal settings..!!!
      03-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #90
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Sam you are a true audiphile mate. Wish I lived closer to you. I'd just hand over my keys and let you play with the settings to bring it to optimal settings..!!!
Thanks mate.
You can still bring it down to me and leave it for a day or two to get it all sorted.
      03-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #91
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Thanks mate.
You can still bring it down to me and leave it for a day or two to get it all sorted.
I may just have to!! I'll let you know Might not be for another month or two (she's going in very soon to get modded) but I'll definitely let you know mate, thanks again
      04-21-2013, 03:52 AM   #92
Adel-75
Tunisia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 LCI,320D , 04/2010

Hello makkan00 ,
First let me introduce my self , I am Adel and located in Tunisia , I have a E92 320 D 04/2010 LCI and I am new on this forum , I ve tried to send u PM but unfortunately I haven't succeed , I presume that it need ur acceptance before ....

any way sorry again to post under this thread here but I have a serious problem .
I have changed the headlight on my car , the previous one were yellow angel eyes with AHL , the new one are led light + white angel eyes + AHL .
the problems are :
-/ the angel eyes are not working properly : blinking , not stable and it position 1 they are off .
-/ the adaptive light are out .
-/ the turn signal light are flashing fast then stable : previous 1 were normal lamp , the actual one are led , so this is the reason I guess.
-/ the most important problem that I am facing is : AHL are not working properly .
-/ the new headlight have pin 7 and 8 equipped the original one haven t .

the reason way I am writing to you :believe here in Tunisia none no coding even with dealer , for them it is Chinese what I have done as upgrade ,
-/ I have ICOM , INPA , I know diagnostic and a little bit of coding .
-/ in Ebay : I found a MAX Brose FRM and I count to buy it but it is still the problem to switch the cables and to link the pin 7 and 8

please can you help me by advising me what to do .
again , I am sorry to post here , if need to PM please feel free and let me kbnow how should I contact you .

Thank u in advance for your understanding and your support

regards

Adel
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #93
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

JL W7 as a infinite baffle?! I've never ever read anyone running a W7 freeair.... didn't know they were a free air sub.... I'd say put it in a sealed box and watch your bass improve immensely.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #94
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy
JL W7 as a infinite baffle?! I've never ever read anyone running a W7 freeair.... didn't know they were a free air sub.... I'd say put it in a sealed box and watch your bass improve immensely.
Where do you get the idea that free air and IB are the same?!?!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #95
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Essentially they are the same in a car application.

Depending on where you're mounting the woofers, most use the trunk volume as a "large enclosure" enclosure of infinite volume not specified to the sealed box specifications.... free air is using the same or similar mounting platform or MDF board to place the sub somewhere near the rear of your car (because you're not going to run a free air 12 inch sub in your front dash or arm rest... theoretically using the rear trunk as an enclosure which is never right because the trunks aren't completely sealed from factory... lots of air escapes, essentially creating the free air effect. Lots of cancellation This is my take and many other audio professionals take on the car environment and subwoofer applications.

www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes1m.asp#_index
Appreciate 0