E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Patience of a saint

01-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Patience of a saint

Hi all,

Just want some thoughts and opinions on this.

Early December 2014 I agreed to buy something from a forum member. A price was agreed for the parts and payment sent as soon I could (that evening if I remember correctly)
There was a slight misunderstanding in the price initially but the seller agreed to the lower price that was previously agreed too - I thought great, what a stand up guy.
Anyway, a couple/few days later the parcel arrived - brilliant! Quick, even though I'd said there was no rush. A second parcel was also given to me by the courier (thinking that was some of the other parts agreed in the sale)
Opened package within 5 mins of its arrival, like a child at xmas , and unfortunately some bits were missing making the item unusable in its current state. It was also not in the condition I thought it would be in but I can live with that.
Anyway, I instantly emailed the seller to inform them and sent pictures of the marks etc
At this point I will say I have kept all correspondence with the seller - emails and pm's (as I do with all sales and purchases until complete)
To cut a long story short (er) a few emails back and forth and the seller getting in touch with the courier company the missing parts were not found.
I also told the seller about the 2nd parcel which was for someone else through a sale made on ebay. I asked if this could be resolved with a refund as the item is of no use to me as it stands. Again a few emails back and forth the seller informed me his paypal/ebay account had been frozen due to the parcel I had, (the 2nd parcel that I presumed was mine) not being received by the other buyer and they complained - he informed me his accounts were frozen at this time.

Unfortunately the emails got a little heated which resulted in both myself and the seller apologising to each other (frustration on both sides I think)
The seller sent me an email offering a partial refund and keep the item or a full refund - I opted for the full refund. This was several weeks ago.
He asked if the ebay parcel could be collected so the ebay buyer could close the complaint and he could get his accounts working again as this was a business account and he wouldn't do a refund from personal funds.
2 or more weeks had passed at this point and I felt I was being fair and very patient. Anyway, I finally agreed to let the other parcel go after being accused of being difficult (written in email)
The parcel was collected after me arranging for someone to sit in my house and wait for the courier (at very short notice) as I couldn't take a day of work for this.
I waited for a few days and contacted the seller again, several times, sometimes with a response sometimes not. I wanted, and still do, to know when I would receive my refund. Over xmas a new year I sent another email, the seller replied saying they were on holiday and they would sort it on their return. I asked them to contact me on their return (they didn't) About a week later (or before) they began posting on the forum so I sent yet another email enquiring and again was TOLD to wait.
This couple of weeks I have sent some emails and had no response so I pm'd them and was told they hadn't got access to their emails due to only having work phone. So because of this I began using the PM system on the forum. This is around 5 weeks after the initial purchase now and I still have not received a refund or been told when it will happen.
I have asked politely if they will honour their agreement to a refund - which was respond to with, I have said I will refund you I'm waiting for funds to clear now. (Not word for word - but you get the gist)
So I asked again when this would be and received an unhelpful response telling me a refund would be given when funds are cleared (not sure what this means, as this should be a paypal account that was frozen) it also asked if I wanted to take this up wth the courier company as its there issue for loosing the parcels. From my understanding I can't deal wth the courier as I didn't book collection/delivery and it's not my responsibility.

I feel I've been very patient waiting for a refund and maybe I have contacted the seller too much but after 5 weeks I feel this isn't out of order for me to do so.
This week (yesterday and now approximately 6 weeks later) I Politely pm'd asking if there was any update - as yet I have had no response but they have been on the forum.

I mentioned this to a mod already just so they are aware of what's gone on (no names)
Again, I have mentioned no names as I'm still hopeful of a refund but wanted others thoughts on the situation. This is my side of the story and there are always 2 sides but I've tried to be as honest and accurate as I can. As said I have all correspondence from both sides so nothing I have written I a lie. I've probably written less than what's actually happened.

Am I in the wrong?

Cheer 'V'
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
If everything you've said is accurate then the title of your post sums it up. You tend to expect an element of trust on forums like this. If that trust fails to materialise then (in the absence of an official system for recompense and feedback - like on Ebay) the only recourse you have is to name and shame. You bought the item in good faith, you have no contract with the courier. It isn't your fault that the sellers Paypal accounts are frozen. You should expect a full refund.
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Andy,
Name...And...Shame whoever it is. It's the only way they will learn especially if they are posting up whilst ignoring your PMs.

Only takes a few individuals to ruin a great community otherwise.
      01-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

6 weeks is a long time. Either he is really disorganised, going through a very stressful time or just bullshitting you.

How much money are we talking?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Name & shame, he owes you the money & should pay, whether that comes from his business or personal account is not your problem, he needs to sort it out immediately.

Naming & shaming could help prevent someone else finishing up in the same situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
name and shame!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Online transactions are getting worse and worse.

Trust is long gone for anything other than a respected member of vast experience.

I've not yet looked into your history to guess, but I'm sure he'd not be someone I've heard too much of?

We've lost a lot of guys over the years on here, but currently I'd say there isn't any more than 20 people I'd trust with my money.

Last edited by Kerr; 01-25-2015 at 03:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:28 AM   #8
ArsE92
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

If you've got a name and address just put a claim in with MCOL

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:30 AM   #9
'V'
Captain
Rep

Thanks for your support guys. Makes me feel a better.
There's always an element of trust when doing online deals especially through forums but having been a member of a couple of large forums I've done many many many sales and have only had 1 issue previously (which ended up being a police issue - won't go into that)

It saddens me to now think I've lost trust in someone but it does make me wonder if anyone can be trusted (no offence to those genuine people out there!)

Someone asked how much money we are talking about - had it been £10-£20 I'd be pissed but would just of taken it on the chin and walked away but we're into 3 figures.

I'm still hopeful of a refund - maybe I'm living in cookoo land

I'll keep you posted as to what's happening

Cheers everyone
'V'

Last edited by 'V'; 01-25-2015 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #10
'V'
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsE92 View Post
If you've got a name and address just put a claim in with MCOL

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I think , and I'll check, there's a collection address and mobile number on the packaging

Last edited by 'V'; 01-25-2015 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:38 AM   #11
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Nane and shame for the rest of the forum.

You have waited far too long for your money back.

Did you pay as a gift or as a service on paypal? I would have gone through them to get your money back.

I bought a tool for work that failed to turn up and after the seller responding for 3 weeks when i said im going to paypal he ignored me so i went ahead with making a claim.

At the end of the day you paid aomeone your hard earned cash for an item/service that failed to meet expectations of what they have explained.
      01-25-2015, 04:05 AM   #12
andysat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

N+S!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #13
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Shame 'V' has to bring this subject up out in the open, should of comfortably of been dealt with behind closed doors. I think if this is the case re the seller then as stated above we need a heads up so that we know for the future that 'X' should he re advertise on here should be approached with caution if this is how you've been treated.

I've done a few transactions on here with various fellow members and have actually been surprised just how 'easy and straightforward ' all have been, the only hiccup I've had was sending a parcel when FedEx on 2 occassions failed to collect(I used their on line system with labels)in the end I sent it via Royal Mail with no issues

But on the principal of buying/selling the goods need to be described condition wise as they are sold and as far as I'm concerned everything should be out in the open if it's scratched, dented, marked then display and highlight the imperfections, which I know from scanning over the classifieds most do without question. I've always used the PM section for buying/selling and it's been great never had an issue and everyone's always been straight with me.

The buyer has total faith in the seller to when funds are received send the purchase in a reasonable amount of time and in 'sufficient packaging' to avoid breakages.

Every time I've sent a products its always been insured to protect me/purchaser just in case something happens. But as said I've been 'surprised' by the speed, care parcels have arrived with me which I also ensure articles I sell are sent.
      01-25-2015, 04:42 AM   #14
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

sounds like hes taking the piss.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:54 AM   #15
'V'
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Shame 'V' has to bring this subject up out in the open, should of comfortably of been dealt with behind closed doors. I think if this is the case re the seller then as stated above we need a heads up so that we know for the future that 'X' should he re advertise on here should be approached with caution if this is how you've been treated.

I've done a few transactions on here with various fellow members and have actually been surprised just how 'easy and straightforward ' all have been, the only hiccup I've had was sending a parcel when FedEx on 2 occassions failed to collect(I used their on line system with labels)in the end I sent it via Royal Mail with no issues

But on the principal of buying/selling the goods need to be described condition wise as they are sold and as far as I'm concerned everything should be out in the open if it's scratched, dented, marked then display and highlight the imperfections, which I know from scanning over the classifieds most do without question. I've always used the PM section for buying/selling and it's been great never had an issue and everyone's always been straight with me.

The buyer has total faith in the seller to when funds are received send the purchase in a reasonable amount of time and in 'sufficient packaging' to avoid breakages.

Every time I've sent a products its always been insured to protect me/purchaser just in case something happens. But as said I've been 'surprised' by the speed, care parcels have arrived with me which I also ensure articles I sell are sent.
Thanks for your comments OGS.
I echo all of what you've said. I have bought and sold a couple of things in hear and up until now it's been superb!

I may not give huge input to the forum but I do my best and on the whole it's a brilliant community and extremely helpful.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:58 AM   #16
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

I think regardless of the outcome and I hope it's resolved you should name and shame. I've sold stuff on here and eBay. On the rare occasion when stuff that I've sent hasn't arrived or been damaged I've given the buyer a full refund, it's all part of being a online seller imo.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #17
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

In the past when people have been named and shamed, quite often there has been quite a few other people with issues with the same seller.

It's only once someone says something everyone else comes forward and the problems become obvious.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 06:22 AM   #18
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

I think that you should give him 1 final chance, if that doesn't work then I think you will be forced to name and shame
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #19
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Sorry to hear things not working out as planned. I've bought quite a lot of stuff off this forum, and guess I've always been lucky, transactions have gone smoothly. But there is a lot of trust involved...and I guess why eBay charges a commission for been the middle men, because when things don't go according to plan things gets messy.

Hope you can get the matter solved quickly!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #20
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Nothing to see here

Last edited by mob17; 01-25-2015 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17
Nothing to see here
Not anymore
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #22