E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: Camellia Ace ETA Port Hueneme APRIL 24

04-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #111
theanhdy
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

update?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #112
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanhdy View Post
update?
She should be unloaded by now. I would check the BMW 1-800 for updates. Maybe call Waggoner's Trucking tomorrow afternoon to see if it has been released to them for trucking. They have great customer service. The only people who can really help at this point is your CA (for computer updates) and Waggoners.

Wagoneer's Trucking toll free #: 1-800-449-3195.
You will need to give them your VIN #.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #113
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Carrera 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
She should be unloaded by now. I would check the BMW 1-800 for updates. Maybe call Waggoner's Trucking tomorrow afternoon to see if it has been released to them for trucking. They have great customer service. The only people who can really help at this point is your CA (for computer updates) and Waggoners.

Wagoneer's Trucking toll free #: 1-800-449-3195.
You will need to give them your VIN #.
Don't bother calling BMW 1-800, they won't know your status beyond Bremerhaven. Only your CA or Waggoners will know.

And I don't recommend the call to Waggoners. The trucking dispatch is accustomed to speaking directly to CAs. Leave this step to the professionals.

If you call Waggoners dispatch will ask which dealer you are and from my experience they would rather not deal with anxious customers. Imagine Sal at dispatch pulling on his morning coffee, barking out instructions to his drivers and getting a pondering call from you on your new bimmer. He will laugh out loud when you ask how quickly he could get your car to the dealership.

I say be patient you will see your car soon.

Good luck,

'08 335xi (E90), 6MT, Arctic/Black, ZPP, ZSP (18s), ZCW, CA, PDC, i-Pod
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #114
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySL View Post
Don't bother calling BMW 1-800, they won't know your status beyond Bremerhaven. Only your CA or Waggoners will know.

And I don't recommend the call to Waggoners. The trucking dispatch is accustomed to speaking directly to CAs. Leave this step to the professionals.

If you call Waggoners dispatch will ask which dealer you are and from my experience they would rather not deal with anxious customers. Imagine Sal at dispatch pulling on his morning coffee, barking out instructions to his drivers and getting a pondering call from you on your new bimmer. He will laugh out loud when you ask how quickly he could get your car to the dealership.

I say be patient you will see your car soon.

Good luck,

'08 335xi (E90), 6MT, Arctic/Black, ZPP, ZSP (18s), ZCW, CA, PDC, i-Pod
I don't agree. Any change in the 800 number is at least a clue that your car has made some kind of status change i.e. been unloaded. Granted the message changes to 'awaiting vessel' but at least you know your car has moved off the ship and has made a change from its month-long status..

And as far as Waggoners is concerned, I have only heard really good things about their customer service line. Is that not true? Did you have problems?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #115
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't agree. Any change in the 800 number is at least a clue that your car has made some kind of status change i.e. been unloaded. Granted the message changes to 'awaiting vessel' but at least you know your car has moved off the ship and has made a change from its month-long status..

And as far as Waggoners is concerned, I have only heard really good things about their customer service line. Is that not true? Did you have problems?
spn,

Clearly you are the captain of this thread and I have the deepest respect for your experience, research skills and thoughtfulness. Anyone wishing to know the whereabouts of their order would be best served by you than any CA, BMWUSA or 1-800 #.

But my recent questions to the customer relations folks at 1-800 is that they can not track your car once it leaves Bremerhaven. The 1-800 number recording that says, 'Awaiting vessel' is the same recording that occurred once your car got to Bremerhaven & not that your car is awaiting a truck in Oxnard.

If I'm mistaken then I will blame it on the friendly Jersey folks who have advised me such and I apologize.

Certainly oc.bmwusa can update the order but it is clearly slow or flawed (mine still shows at VPC altho I've had it for a week).

In regards to Waggoners Trucking, first off they ridiculed me for asking of my order in January laughing that my car would no way get to the dealers in any likelihood very soon. In addition to the dispatchers ridicule, the trucker who brought my January order to the dealer forgot to untie vehicle and completely burnt the clutch. The sales manager and SA got into a huge argument over delivery (they replaced the clutch), I refused the delivery and my CA had a heart attack.

And I simply re-ordered. But Waggoners Trucking still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The second go I stayed patient and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up three days earlier than I forecast. And this time in one piece.

My $0.02 and good luck with your new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #116
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
spn,

Clearly you are the captain of this thread and I have the deepest respect for your experience, research skills and thoughtfulness. Anyone wishing to know the whereabouts of their order would be best served by you than any CA, BMWUSA or 1-800 #.

But my recent questions to the customer relations folks at 1-800 is that they can not track your car once it leaves Bremerhaven. The 1-800 number recording that says, 'Awaiting vessel' is the same recording that occurred once your car got to Bremerhaven & not that your car is awaiting a truck in Oxnard.

If I'm mistaken then I will blame it on the friendly Jersey folks who have advised me such and I apologize.

Certainly oc.bmwusa can update the order but it is clearly slow or flawed (mine still shows at VPC altho I've had it for a week).

In regards to Waggoners Trucking, first off they ridiculed me for asking of my order in January laughing that my car would no way get to the dealers in any likelihood very soon. In addition to the dispatchers ridicule, the trucker who brought my January order to the dealer forgot to untie vehicle and completely burnt the clutch. The sales manager and SA got into a huge argument over delivery (they replaced the clutch), I refused the delivery and my CA had a heart attack.

And I simply re-ordered. But Waggoners Trucking still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The second go I stayed patient and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up three days earlier than I forecast. And this time in one piece.

My $0.02 and good luck with your new car.
I am clearly not an expert and I try not to be a know-it-all, but I have seen some of these tricks work often, so I say, "Give it a try."

I thought once the ship departed the message showed something like "In Transit" and then soon after it arrived, it would change to "awaiting vessel," or various other messages. The awaiting vessel always seems to freak people out (understandably so) because they thought their car had been on a vessel for a month already. No doubt, the system is not reliable and doesn't seem to work the same for everyone everytime and can be slow. I guess it depends on who is on the computer at the VPC that day and is checking in the cars. But, for a status to stay the same all month long during shipping, then change just after the ship arrives is a clue that something has changed with the car. I think this situation just happened with the Don Juan folks and it was an exciting moment to finally see a change in the system and their cars.

As for Waggoners, I wonder if you called "dispatch" instead of "customer service"? MB uses independent companies who are so backwards compared to Waggoners. I called this little trucking company the other day to check on my car (and I got dispatch!) and you would have thought I was a terrorist infiltrating their trucking system. He barked, "How did you get my phone number?!" It was like, "Duh, it is all over the internet." So, my situation was similar to yours. Not pleasant, but I was able to get some good info out of him and it was worth the call. I have heard some great stories about Waggoners. Even knowing if the car has been released to them can tell you a lot about your car's progress. I have even heard of them giving out the names of the cities where the truck is currently located all along the route (this guy on one of the threads who was waiting for his car kept us up-to-date with a map with push pin graphics from PH to the northwest!), so I always recommend trying them. I am not always right, either, but I am resourceful and I will always make calls and give these things a try, because sometimes I have (we have all) been pleasantly surprised.

On my last car, I was able to track my car (via the trucking company--a good one!) all the way from Carson to SLC. The trucking company was great(!) and they emailed me multiple times a day with the truck's progress all the way up I-15. I knew exactly when my car arrived at the dealership. It was amazing! You just never know, so I say, "Give it a try!"
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #117
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am clearly not an expert and I try not to be a know-it-all, but I have seen some of these tricks work often, so I say, "Give it a try."

I thought once the ship departed the message showed something like "In Transit" and then soon after it arrived, it would change to "awaiting vessel," or various other messages. The awaiting vessel always seems to freak people out (understandably so) because they thought their car had been on a vessel for a month already. No doubt, the system is not reliable and doesn't seem to work the same for everyone everytime and can be slow. I guess it depends on who is on the computer at the VPC that day and is checking in the cars. But, for a status to stay the same all month long during shipping, then change just after the ship arrives is a clue that something has changed with the car. I think this situation just happened with the Don Juan folks and it was an exciting moment to finally see a change in the system and their cars.

As for Waggoners, I wonder if you called "dispatch" instead of "customer service"? MB uses independent companies who are so backwards compared to Waggoners. I called this little trucking company the other day to check on my car (and I got dispatch!) and you would have thought I was a terrorist infiltrating their trucking system. He barked, "How did you get my phone number?!" It was like, "Duh, it is all over the internet." So, my situation was similar to yours. Not pleasant, but I was able to get some good info out of him and it was worth the call. I have heard some great stories about Waggoners. Even knowing if the car has been released to them can tell you a lot about your car's progress. I have even heard of them giving out the names of the cities where the truck is currently located all along the route (this guy on one of the threads who was waiting for his car kept us up-to-date with a map with push pin graphics from PH to the northwest!), so I always recommend trying them. I am not always right, either, but I am resourceful and I will always make calls and give these things a try, because sometimes I have (we have all) been pleasantly surprised.

On my last car, I was able to track my car (via the trucking company--a good one!) all the way from Carson to SLC. The trucking company was great(!) and they emailed me multiple times a day with the truck's progress all the way up I-15. I knew exactly when my car arrived at the dealership. It was amazing! You just never know, so I say, "Give it a try!"
Thanks for your insight.

Now on to your fantastic new car...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #118
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your insight.

Now on to your fantastic new car...
Well, my car is apparently on I-15 somewhere headed northbound. I just went on several reconnaissance missions to the dealership, but no luck or truck. Actually, a truck full of cars pulled up, but it was for one of the other dealerships and I think it was full of Volvos. And, it was an open truck. My car better come in a closed truck. Any news for anyone else??
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #119
farbarg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SSII e90

All I know is that the bmw website now has my car at the VPC and that the 1-800 number says it is in-transit. My guess is that it is already on a truck or will be by tomorrow, unless it got damaged in transit.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #120
farbarg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SSII e90

arrival

My car is at the dealer. Arrived last night around 8pm. Good luck to everyone else waiting on cars off CA! Thanks again to any and all that posted information about this ship. It was a nice touch to the coming indulgence.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #121
theanhdy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbarg View Post
My car is at the dealer. Arrived last night around 8pm. Good luck to everyone else waiting on cars off CA! Thanks again to any and all that posted information about this ship. It was a nice touch to the coming indulgence.
I called Waggoners and they still don't have my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #122
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I called Waggoners and they still don't have my car.
Try again tomorrow. I bet you will get your car tomorrow or Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #123
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Try again tomorrow. I bet you will get your car tomorrow or Saturday.
I have a customers 128i coupe on the Camellia Ace, and it is still showing at the port - but it hasn't even arrived at the VPC yet. It's been at the port since 4/29, but it looks as if it is still sitting on the ship
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #124
theanhdy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I have a customers 128i coupe on the Camellia Ace, and it is still showing at the port - but it hasn't even arrived at the VPC yet. It's been at the port since 4/29, but it looks as if it is still sitting on the ship
Thanks Will
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #125
theanhdy
Major
Rep

I emailed my dealer to get an update on the car I ordered and they said that delivery to the dealership will now be on 5/12. WTF???? It's been at the port since 4/29!!! Why does it take so long to go through VPC. Possible damage during shipping?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #126
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I emailed my dealer to get an update on the car I ordered and they said that delivery to the dealership will now be on 5/12. WTF???? It's been at the port since 4/29!!! Why does it take so long to go through VPC. Possible damage during shipping?
That is really strange. The person I know who had a car on CA already had their car delivered to the dealership in Salt Lake City yesterday, and it was a European Delivery. Only took a week in customs. But, it was also a Mercedes unloaded at the port of LA. The BMW VPC seems to be slow, but maybe it is because CA trailed several ships coming into PH.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #127
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Just got that 128i last night
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #128
theanhdy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just got that 128i last night
Hey Will,

Any idea why it's taking so long for my dealer to get the car? My CA always gives me vague responses everytime I have a question. You got any 135i on the lot right now?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #129
theanhdy
Major
Rep

Got my car last friday, thanks spn

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #130
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep