E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > HP Underboost condition

01-21-2024, 09:48 PM   #1
335dzlll
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

HP Underboost condition

Bear with me im new to forums ive made a post a couple months prior to this if it helps to understand the situation.
My 2009 335d, untuned and not deleted.. yet, has no boost in the HP stage stage or before 2700-3000k rpms

If i accelerate normally from a stop after around 1500rpms car loses all power and zero acceleration followed by an engine malfunction screen. BUT i still have boost from the big turbo if i somehow manage to get to 3k without triggering limp mode aka (deadstop, first gear and floor it)

Recent maintenance ive done is the second/further pressure converter, all passenger side vacuum lines, red boost hose swapped to a ATM one, DPF pressure sensor.

Ive vacuum tested both my actuators swapped them around one was bad i replced it no change, the rod moves up and down like its supposed.

Ive attached an image with my current codes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 10:16 PM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Did you test the compressor bypass and the EV valve that controls it? The EV is located under the furthest back PC.. If you had the entire metal holder off that houses both PCs, it would have been staring you in the face.

4530 is the code that's related to your issue.

Does the car actually regen properly? If not, clogged DPF perhaps?
      01-21-2024, 10:40 PM   #3
335dzlll
Rep

I have tested the EV valve it doesnt leak and holds pressure, also changed the vacuum lines off of it. The compressor bypass also holds pressure but im not sure if i hear the noise its supposed to make and i havent seen the little rod retract or move as its not visible to me

Regarding the DPF, im not sure how to check its regen history or when the last regen happened but if it was the DPF wouldnt it not boost at all?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 05:43 AM   #4
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Looks to me like all the wiring to the DPF is damaged - O2, temp...

Have you checked all those wires, and the hose on the driver's right of the engine above the exhaust?

My hunch is that the DPF is blocked due to failed glow plugs and controller, and that has caused the rubber hose on the DPF pressure sensor to burst which has then torched all the wiring on that side of the engine.

Hopefully I'm wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 07:42 AM   #5
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

You did all the passenger lines? What does that mean?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:09 PM   #6
335dzlll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Looks to me like all the wiring to the DPF is damaged - O2, temp...

Have you checked all those wires, and the hose on the driver's right of the engine above the exhaust?

My hunch is that the DPF is blocked due to failed glow plugs and controller, and that has caused the rubber hose on the DPF pressure sensor to burst which has then torched all the wiring on that side of the engine.

Hopefully I'm wrong
Im still chasing the glow plug issue as ive replaced them, and the controller just a month ago. I have reasonable suspicion that my thermostat is bad, which others have said causes the glow plug module to go bad.
Also i replaced the DPF pressure sensor just last night, due to a current and history code for it as I've read that can cause limp mode like in my case, Now the codes and history codes are gone. By the way the lines to the DPF pressure sensor looked and felt okay, but after i replaced the sensor all of those EGT and O2 sensors lit up, keep in mind they were never a previous issue and i had no current or history codes for any of them besides the glow plugs, DPF sensor, and the tank fluid sensor.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:10 PM   #7
335dzlll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
You did all the passenger lines? What does that mean?
I replaced all of the vacuum lines on the passenger/turbo control side of the engine from the middle where it meets the EGR valve
Appreciate 0