E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > E91 330D 231hp Injector is stucked open all the time

02-04-2024, 04:35 PM   #1
tsdimitrov1
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

E91 330D 231hp Injector is stucked open all the time

Hello from Bulgaria !
As you noticed from the title of the topic i have a strange issue with my 330D 231hp and im looking for ideas how can i fix it. Injector of the 6th cylinder stays open all the time and causes massive white smoke. What i did:
-changed the injector of 6th cylinder with the injector of 5th cylinder- on the 5th cylinder it works perfect, on 6th the issue still persist, so i guess the injector is not the issue.
-replaced the ECU, cloned to mine, again same issue, massive white smoke and the measure of injector of 6th cylinder in INPA shows 5.25 ( you know the normal is -1/+1., so maybe the ECU is not the reason
-checked the injector wirings with multimeter, one probe pinned in the ECU connector, the other one in injector connector, no issue found.
-checked the compression, at the first test 6th cylinder shows 15 bar (very low), but after a few tests it shows now 22bars which is great i think, so the compression should not be the reason.
- i removed the cylinder head cover and camshafts are no damaged/ cracked.
- checked the piston and cylinder head valves with camera and i didnt saw any damages
and the most strange thing- there is one error found with inpa and its not working glow plug of 6th cylinder, nothing connected with the issue.

If you are met the same issue or similar i will be very grateful to receive an ideas were i can found the issue. Thank you !
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 01:39 PM   #2
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Check just the injector plug with your multi meter.

Checking the injector plug to ecu won’t tell you if you have an internal short bridging two wires part way down the loom maybe?
Appreciate 0