E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The story of Amanda Todd - Schoolgirl that committed suicide after being bullied

10-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #23
Innovative AutoConcepts
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 E89 Alpine White

Garage List
very sad. . . rest in peace Amanda. =[
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Its not worth speculating. However, suicide is not typically an action of a person who feels loved and has a family that is doing all they can do to help. If I was betting I would say it was more like 'I don't know what else to do, you take her...' and so on. While it feels distasteful, the only way that something positive can come out of this is to talk about how she felt like suicide was the only thing she could do.

***Steps off of soap box***
Oh, I agree completely and wouldn't doubt that was the case at all. But, as you said, it really isn't worth speculating about.

What happened is very sad regardless of how it was handled by anybody around her, may she rest in peace.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Social media is the vessel that many of these bullies use to inflict so much pain on others with, honestly I think that sites like facebook and myspace are causing more damage than they are worth,especially for kids and teenagers, this is so sad. The kids who were harassing her sound like pure evil. That one dude should have his wigg split! Fucking cowards talking sht behind computer screens, there's no worse kind of scum, and social network enables these kids to do it anonymously.

agreed, pathetic losers sit behind their computers all day and act like hard e-thugs and it just pisses me off, it's so evident everywhere, even on bmw forums some people just become so ballsy when they are behind a computer screen, 98% of those losers wouldn't have the guts to say half that shit to the same person if it was in real life..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i think there should be a greater awareness of how to handle bullying. are there no anti-bullying forums out there? like literally, 0 tolerance for flaming

making bullying illegal? that might dissuade some, others will just get better at being sneaky about it (think gun control). what the victims need is a support group and a lesson in self defense.

me: i say it anywhere, most people hate me anyway. i doubt fb/internet is the culprit, it's just a newer way of doing things. if anything, going online is a safe place to vent. personally, i don't do violence (and that's a very real risk around hooligans), and anyone who calls me out to fight likely isn't worth it. but, you gotta love it when the perpetrators "turn it around" and act like victims.

lastly, anyone who actually kills themselves from some smack talk, you gotta admit they're partially to blame. stop going online, screen your calls etc.

"say it to my face?" ... sure, call all your lackeys and meet me outside the pd

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 10-12-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

that is indeed sad.. jesus that's the second child death I read about today.

They found that one missing girl in devner who was only 10
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

I think most parents are not aware of the online bullying, but they should be able to know if their kid seems depressed. If this was my daughter and i caught wind of what was going on. Fuck i don't know what to say, but i would probably end up in jail.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #29
3_runner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
wow that was freaking sad.. what is wrong with kids nowadays... i mean i was made fun of as a kid and i mean who wasn't.. but some kids take it too far nowadays.... i wish i could have had just half an hour with her, everyone deserves to know they are worth something...
The problem is kids are not allow to kick each other asses on the play ground, so what happens is you get the verbal attack continually and these kids have no outlet for their frustrations with one another.

I too got picked on and pounded a few kids asses and guess what it stops and people leave you alone since no one wants their asses kick in front of their friends.

Plus you never hear the saving "Stick and Stone my brake my bones but names never hurt" Kids never learn to grow thick skin these days since they been told to always play nice, well this what you get.
I agree... Most of us have been made fun of and fought in and out of the school yard. You win some and you lose some. You just got to step up and show strength. Then you go home to what you think is a SAFE place and lick your wounds. Now a day you go home and you're not safe. You open your computer an the torment continues... Story broke my heart.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

wow, what the hell.... super sad video....

flashing boobs leaded to all this? wow seriously..
      10-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #31
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Shitty parenting. Thats pretty much what it boils down to. This could have been avoided so easily. Why didn't she delete her Facebook? The only thing linking her to her new schools each time was apparently Facebook.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #32
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Honestly the parents are partially to blame for this. She clearly had issues from a young age. Being promiscuous, going on webcams etc at such a young is if fucked and the parents should be keeping a watchful eye over what their kids are doing on the internet. She flashed someone and then it all went south.

That was mistake number one.

Than she goes over to the guys house who apprantly "liked" her. Young girls are naive but come on. That was a huge mistake and where was her dad at this time?

That was mistake number two.

People make mistakes and in no way am I saying this young girl deserved any of it. It's just saddening that it came down to this because of a few mistakes she made.

Lesson to be learned for everyone. Especially women.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #33
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
Rest In Peace Amanda.

This video saddened me to the point I started tearing up. No one deserves to be treated like that. The fact that a girl younger than 16 years old even thought about and eventually drank bleach to try and kill herself is appalling.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #34
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
ok so the fact that this girl was flashing her boobs online and having sex at what age (14-15) is not troubling you? later on she says she got back from the hospital and got on Facebook... Fu*** facebook people become obsessed to it, saying anything or posting pics of whatever to get "likes" and feel accepted..

there was an easy an easy solution to her problem and her parents or counsellors did not help, cut off her internet connection!!! take her computer.. let her go out and make some real, not online, friends..

RIP.
      10-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #35
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post
ok so the fact that this girl was flashing her boobs online and having sex at what age (14-15) is not troubling you?
Yea sounds like she had some serious issues before the bullying even started. Obv low self esteem if she feels the need to flash some dude on the internet who calls her beautiful.

Very sad story. It's a shame that cyber bullying has become so common and also a shame that these young people feel that taking their life is the only way out.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #36
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

very very sad. I wish I knew the girl and was able to fuck that guy up. I am a little older than her... very very sad
      10-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #37
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

facebook + bad parenting = death

feel real bad for the girl - i can't even imagine what she was going through.

but let this be a lesson to all teeny boppers in the 21st century - facebook hurts you more than it does good.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #38
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Did I read the article correctly when it said a full grown adult, meaning over the age of 18, was the one who was sending out naked pics of a minor? Seriously, that is messed up that an adult would stalk an underage girl like that and ruin her life. Only makes my reasoning of believing all pedophiles should be killed grow stronger.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #39
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Wow, an adult did that? Do they know who it was?

That's so sad.... RIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #40
Ehwnnc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 335i

I stand on the other side of this. I might sound like a heartless bastard but its her own fault. She is the one who showed her boobs. She is the one who killed herself, no one put a gun to her head. Yeah she was bullied but god almighty when did people become so soft. Everyone gets bullied at some point. Get over it it's just words take it in stride and move on dont feed the problem
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #41
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Did I read the article correctly when it said a full grown adult, meaning over the age of 18, was the one who was sending out naked pics of a minor? Seriously, that is messed up that an adult would stalk an underage girl like that and ruin her life. Only makes my reasoning of believing all pedophiles should be killed grow stronger.
I was reading an article this morning about it. Supposedly Anonymous figured out who the guy was based off posts he made on forums and chat rooms. I think the guy was 32 years old.

EDIT: here's the article: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226497411838
      10-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #42
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

I find it funny that Anon can find this guy literally within a day and the police are utterly useless.....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
I find it funny that Anon can find this guy literally within a day and the police are utterly useless.....
Well Anon can use methods which the police can't use to build a legal case.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #44
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Appreciate 0