E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > got rear ended 2x this week.

11-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
sgE9o
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

got rear ended 2x this week.

got rear ended by taxi cab driver about a week ago. it left license plate screws imprints on my bumper. we agreed to exit the highway and exchange info for repairs. so he follows me at 10mph off the highway but last second he cuts out and speeds off.

one week later..

stuck in the BQE by the battery tunnel and get i was stationary. got rear ended by a dodge van ram. my bumper was pushed in, and trunk lid was dented as well. this time i filed a police report.

alright so the highway patrol officer filed the report without asking me the details of what happened. by the time he finished he didn't want to hear my story that i was stationary and the van ran into my rear. the report is still not ready to pick up yet. will i still be able to file an insurance claim for my damaged parts? i am still new to insurance and accident reports.

also, i am planning to bring my car to MAC and upgrade to a mtech bumper. how would i go about with the insurance claim?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Joe @ Martino Auto Concepts
Banned
Rep
Drives: Wide Body E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [7.00]
Sorry to hear about this... call me @ 516 676 7985, I will advise you.

Thanks, Joe
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Kodak
The Law
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi, 4dr, Alpine

You have to get a copy of accident report and verify what was written in it, since the guy who hit your car also left the scene then a complaint report had to be written up, if it wasn't ,then you should ask why not and that you want it done . You can even make a formal complaint(CCRB) against the officer for his failure to make the complaint
The picture of the van, is that the car that hit you? Bring a copy of it to precinct as evidence for the complaint report, accident report and complaint report are two (2) different reports.
Let us know the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgE9o View Post
got rear ended by taxi cab driver about a week ago. it left license plate screws imprints on my bumper. we agreed to exit the highway and exchange info for repairs. so he follows me at 10mph off the highway but last second he cuts out and speeds off.

one week later..

stuck in the BQE by the battery tunnel and get i was stationary. got rear ended by a dodge van ram. my bumper was pushed in, and trunk lid was dented as well. this time i filed a police report.

alright so the highway patrol officer filed the report without asking me the details of what happened. by the time he finished he didn't want to hear my story that i was stationary and the van ran into my rear. the report is still not ready to pick up yet. will i still be able to file an insurance claim for my damaged parts? i am still new to insurance and accident reports.

also, i am planning to bring my car to MAC and upgrade to a mtech bumper. how would i go about with the insurance claim?
      11-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F30 XDrive

did you hear the other guy admit to fault? If so, then the officer pretty much knows. If not, then see what Kodak's comments said. In NY, the guy who rear-ends you is pretty much at fault regardless.
      11-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Nothing really to tell the cop. He rear ended you, clean and simple. You aren't at fault. I believe that NYS has automatic at fault for rear drivers in rear enders. As a result, I doubt your insurance adjuster will really care at all on the claim, as they will be able to collect 100% from his insurance.
      11-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
LemonIce
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: N/A

Good, this isnīt the M tech bumper like the other guy lol
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
sgE9o
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

any suggestions on what to do the with the trunk lid? should i just get a rep. CSL lid or fix it up? the bumper is def. going mtech though
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Sorry to see that, well at least now u get a good reason for upgrade

BE CAREFUL w/ insurance. Know before u file.
Appreciate 0