Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How to fix these? Enkreuz pics inside.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

How to fix these? Enkreuz pics inside.

i got these enkreuz H8E from some D-bag member here 6-7 months ago, who advertised it as mint no damage condition, after 2 month of waiting and tons of BS drama, finally the wheel arrive with random and bald tires and missing center cap and CURB RASH!! The seller just refund very small amount that even can't cover 1 new tire i bought.

Anyway i was waiting to fix them on Winter, which is now, and i start to contact several wheel shop, and i got some 1000+ quote. obviously i am not gonna go that route unless they include a month unlimited BJ.

So i am gonna try to DIY to fix these and have some questions:

1) i am gonna strip the lip's black paint with aircraft stripper and polish them, so any rec on which polisher should i use to turn bare metal into mirror like finish? i test on some airscoop with eagle one never dull polisher, turn out pretty good, but its the finish i want.

2) Curb Rash!!! the wheel also have some deep curb rash thats not in the pic, like 1/2" deep. i read most diy guide for stock wheel curb rash using some spot putty (example : http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/w...uff-repair.htm) , which left some orange residual and need to repaint. Since i am gonna polish it, so i am not able to cover the color of the putty. Is there any different method for polished lip? Is aluminum putty helpful?

3) anyone know where i could get some customize wheel cap? not looking to get something crazy, just want them to make a Enkreuz symbol wheel cap, cause the seller only sent me 3 cap and since enkreuz is out-of-business i can't order from them.

Thank you for any advice and tips

Last edited by qclik; 12-16-2011 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

Fixed it myself, couple hours of work and looks good again.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
PlannBee
Major
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: A Visible E36

looks pretty cool with no center caps. glad you got it to look the way it is. it looks amazing!

"My Real E36" - '96 328is 5MT/Boston Green/Beige/Wood Grain/18" Style 189/BONE STOCK
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
pe90zzi
CuL SToRY BRaHH
Rep
Drives: a purple thing

Wow u did a great job! And nooooo center caps! Looks way better