E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How much would you pay for total protection against speed/red light cameras?

03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #45
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
Chicago:

$50 for getting caught running a red light
$250 for so much as being within the city limits and having ANY tint on the front windows

I'd pay a lot more for a tint that could detect the presence of a cop and adjust itself accordingly. Whoever said $2500 for something that blocks your plate from a red light camera must live in a city/area where they have stiffer fines and penalties for it. Plus, IIRC, there's no penalty to your actual driving record here.

Is your idea classified as an "intentional transmitter"? I know you probably don't want to let the cat out of the bag as far as the specifics go, but even if you get something like this to market, its success will surely spearhead an attempt to ban it. So, the better it is, the more likely it is to get shot down.

Anyway, good luck.
SERIOUS!!! 50 for running a red, bro it's 400 something here. As for tint I think it's 250 here as well, could be cheaper. Not sure, only got the "you know I could give you a fine for that" speech a couple times. Though, my buddies used to get it a lot and 150 or 250.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #46
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

A lot.

Question is though ... How much will YOU pay governments all over to stop them from banning your product a year after it is released? They have become moneydiggers since the 2011 crisis over here

Take France for example. They are creating laws this year that will force any drivers in their country to have atleast one new $2 crappy breathalyzer in the car at ALL times (so if you actually test yourself before driving you'll be fresh out and subject to €11 fines xD)
and also to ban ANY navigation based equipment that knows speedcameras' locations. Fines up to €1500 even if said equipment is turned off. WTF. good luck to all those with onboard nav
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #47
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
About $3.50
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #48
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E90Rostik View Post
About $3.50
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #49
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List

Los Angeles, California Red Light Camera Program Officially Canceled
City council votes to take down red light cameras in Los Angeles, California.

Councilman Dennis ZineRed light cameras are coming down in Los Angeles, California after midnight on Sunday. The city council yesterday voted unanimously to drop the program primarily over the county court system's refusal to enforce unpaid tickets, depriving the city of millions in expected revenue. The council instructed the city attorney to work with American Traffic Solutions (ATS) to decide the cheapest way to remove the systems and process all tickets issued through the end of the month.

"We need to be clear about what we are doing here today with this particular vote," Councilman Dennis P. Zine said. "I don't want to give the wrong perception to the public that this program may continue in the future. As I noted, photo red light will be gone in four days. Cameras need to come down immediately to not create a smokescreen to affect the hope that we may turn them back on."

Last month, the police commission recommended against renewing the automated ticketing contract. Council members split evenly on the issue, and the council's camera supporters had needed at least a majority to overturn the commission's decision.

"We need to be honest and transparent with this," Zine said. "This program did not work as anticipated."

Motorists who receive a $476 ticket in the mail from ATS within the next few days do not need to pay it. Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officials testifying before the council confirmed that failure to respond to a citation has no affect on credit or driving records. The item will go to the county collections department which will only send a threatening letter and then a follow up letter.

"That's about the extent of it," LAPD Lieutenant Ron Katona said.

More vigorous opposition to the program came from council members inspired by Safer Streets LA Executive Director Jay Beeber and Dr. Rhodes Rigsby, mayor of the city of Loma Linda, who argued that engineering improvements were more effective than cameras.

"My main objection to this whole thing is that I believe the same safety can be achieved by signal timing changes," Councilman Paul Koretz said. "I believe DOT has been pretty resistant to this concept. In budget committee, we found that DOT was not planning on immediately implementing the measure that the council had passed twelve to nothing to change the signal timing on all the signalized intersections [with cameras], plus the additional ones that were identified as more dangerous.... DOT claims it complies with the MUTCD, but the times in the manual are minimums."

Los Angeles adds about 0.3 seconds to the bare minimum yellow timing, but Loma Linda saw a 92 percent reduction in violations upon adding a full second to the yellow. The pricey photo tickets have been extremely unpopular throughout Los Angeles. Last month, the Northridge East Neighborhood Council voted unanimously to tell the city council to drop photo enforcement. The Sherman Oaks and Valley Alliance neighborhood groups also formally opposed ticketing.

"No longer will motorists in the nation's second largest city be tagged with $450 photo tickets for driving maneuvers like rolling right turns that have essentially no bearing on traffic safety statistics," National Motorists Association spokesman Gary Biller said.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post

Los Angeles, California Red Light Camera Program Officially Canceled
City council votes to take down red light cameras in Los Angeles, California.

Councilman Dennis ZineRed light cameras are coming down in Los Angeles, California after midnight on Sunday. The city council yesterday voted unanimously to drop the program primarily over the county court system's refusal to enforce unpaid tickets, depriving the city of millions in expected revenue. The council instructed the city attorney to work with American Traffic Solutions (ATS) to decide the cheapest way to remove the systems and process all tickets issued through the end of the month.

"We need to be clear about what we are doing here today with this particular vote," Councilman Dennis P. Zine said. "I don't want to give the wrong perception to the public that this program may continue in the future. As I noted, photo red light will be gone in four days. Cameras need to come down immediately to not create a smokescreen to affect the hope that we may turn them back on."

Last month, the police commission recommended against renewing the automated ticketing contract. Council members split evenly on the issue, and the council's camera supporters had needed at least a majority to overturn the commission's decision.

"We need to be honest and transparent with this," Zine said. "This program did not work as anticipated."

Motorists who receive a $476 ticket in the mail from ATS within the next few days do not need to pay it. Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officials testifying before the council confirmed that failure to respond to a citation has no affect on credit or driving records. The item will go to the county collections department which will only send a threatening letter and then a follow up letter.

"That's about the extent of it," LAPD Lieutenant Ron Katona said.

More vigorous opposition to the program came from council members inspired by Safer Streets LA Executive Director Jay Beeber and Dr. Rhodes Rigsby, mayor of the city of Loma Linda, who argued that engineering improvements were more effective than cameras.

"My main objection to this whole thing is that I believe the same safety can be achieved by signal timing changes," Councilman Paul Koretz said. "I believe DOT has been pretty resistant to this concept. In budget committee, we found that DOT was not planning on immediately implementing the measure that the council had passed twelve to nothing to change the signal timing on all the signalized intersections [with cameras], plus the additional ones that were identified as more dangerous.... DOT claims it complies with the MUTCD, but the times in the manual are minimums."

Los Angeles adds about 0.3 seconds to the bare minimum yellow timing, but Loma Linda saw a 92 percent reduction in violations upon adding a full second to the yellow. The pricey photo tickets have been extremely unpopular throughout Los Angeles. Last month, the Northridge East Neighborhood Council voted unanimously to tell the city council to drop photo enforcement. The Sherman Oaks and Valley Alliance neighborhood groups also formally opposed ticketing.

"No longer will motorists in the nation's second largest city be tagged with $450 photo tickets for driving maneuvers like rolling right turns that have essentially no bearing on traffic safety statistics," National Motorists Association spokesman Gary Biller said.
For once finally the Republic of California did something sensible!!!
      03-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #51
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
For once finally the Republic of California did something sensible!!!
Well, CARB also initially fought the EPA on their mandatory introduction of the devil's juice (Ethanol) into auto gas. That was pretty cool, until it got stomped into the ground.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #52
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I took my license plate off my car and tossed it in my trunk over a month ago. I just have a LTBMW plate on. Ive had numerous cops drive by/and behind me. Never pulled over. So no redlight camera tickets for meeeeeee and it was free
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #53
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
I think a better comparison is we can barely fill up our tank with $80...
$80?????? Shit $36 gets me 3/4 a tank!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #54
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
Lunch...which usually involves two ppl... at a decent restaurant.

Soup-6 to 8 x2
Entree-18 to 30 x2
Desert- optional to 8 x2
Drinks 6 x 4 ( 2 each the usual)

This ain't no ballin restaurant and it averages (averaged everything minus the drinks) to $94 plus a 22% tip which is 21 dollars so....$115 for a average lunch. I meant a good lunch, not a burger.
Not to take this thread off topic, but that is no way a typical or average lunch for most people. Who has a 3 course meal with an entree costing up to $30 for lunch on a regular basis? And why are you being charged for each drink unless they are alcoholic? This sounds more like a business lunch for entertaining a client which would then make sense. For most people though, that $80 would probably buy lunch for a week because they are eating at places where the whole meal costs between $10 - $15 per person.
      03-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #55
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
$80?????? Shit $36 gets me 3/4 a tank!
wtf thats not fair lol. how much is gas per gallon down there?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #56
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Not to take this thread off topic, but that is no way a typical or average lunch for most people. Who has a 3 course meal with an entree costing up to $30 for lunch on a regular basis? And why are you being charged for each drink unless they are alcoholic? This sounds more like a business lunch for entertaining a client which would then make sense. For most people though, that $80 would probably buy lunch for a week because they are eating at places where the whole meal costs between $10 - $15 per person.
^this. idk anyone that eats a lunch like that on a regular basis unless like you said it a business lunch.

as for Blayne, why does it not surprise me that you drive an escalade lmao. $115 for lunch? who the hell goes to LUNCH for $115 and leaves a 22% tip. Go hangout on a cadillac forum you troll
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #57
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
^this. idk anyone that eats a lunch like that on a regular basis unless like you said it a business lunch.

as for Blayne, why does it not surprise me that you drive an escalade lmao. $115 for lunch? who the hell goes to LUNCH for $115 and leaves a 22% tip. Go hangout on a cadillac forum you troll
I have two beamers....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #58
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ View Post

Calm down.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #59
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

$3.54 for Shell 93
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #60
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep

Quote:
$3.54 for Shell 93
wow its almost a dollar more in NY
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #61
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
wow its almost a dollar more in NY
Thats cause yall big city folk
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #62
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Thats cause yall big city folk
(whispers: what sara is saying is yall are "suckers"...the southern friendly way)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #63
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
(whispers: what sara is saying is yall are "suckers"...the southern friendly way)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #64
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

I have ideas what I dont post on forums lmao, however, if v1s and passport 9500s are 500..then if the product is brand new It cannot be outrageous but just right...

$600

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #65
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

lol same here i was like answering yes too all questions then waiting on the product
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Where do all these trolls come from??

I'm waiting for the OP to have a product for sale......
      03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #66
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Are you talking about ghostplate 2.0?
Appreciate 0