E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My Active Autowerke Xede Dyno......

04-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Sleepr335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Sedan; 04' VW Gli

My Active Autowerke Xede Dyno......

These are my results. FIRST LET ME SAY THAT THERE ARE NO TORQUE OR RPM READINGS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PULL OFF ALL THE ENGINE BAY COVERS TO GET THE SIGNAL FROM THE SPARK WIRES. My gains seemed alittle less from others but the end result seems to be on par with others. This is a 6MT sedan, stock exhaust, 93 oct. It was done on a Dynojet at Cartek Tuning in Davie, FL. Temperature was about 90 degres. The car was pretty hot because I had been driving on the highway for almost an hour shortly before these runs. It was close to closing time so we did this in a hurry. There was, on average, less than 1 minute of cool down time between each run. I was able to get the stock dyno by simply flipping the valet switch installed in the glove box which sets everything to stock so the stock readings were literally just a few minutes before the Xede readings. The best run of 323whp somehow got deleted before we printed. I am hoping to go back to Active soon and get some runs on their dyno to more accurately compare to what the are getting with their other cars.

STOCK

NOT STOCK
323 (not shown)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Thanks for posting these up.

Not too bad.
For comparison sake, that's about what the PROcede manual cars did with 91 Octane, and the old v1.2 software.

Oh, and your stock numbers pretty much mirror what stock 6MT cars are getting on Harman's Dyno too.
So the dynos are pretty comparable.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

My friend got 292 whp stock. And he just go the AA xede today, and will dyno when he gests it installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBimm View Post
My friend got 292 whp stock. And he just go the AA xede today, and will dyno when he gests it installed.
That dyno"s software seriously needs adjusting.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Thanks for posting these up.

Not too bad.
For comparison sake, that's about what the PROcede manual cars did with 91 Octane, and the old v1.2 software.

Oh, and your stock numbers pretty much mirror what stock 6MT cars are getting on Harman's Dyno too.
So the dynos are pretty comparable.
At 14psi?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
At 14psi?

ofcourse not 14psi its only 2psi over stock
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
At 14psi?

Why do you guys need to bash Shiv, is it to justify your purchases you made to save a couple hundred bucks, on a product that without Shiv you wouldn't have?
BTW, Shiv states, if I remember correctly, that the PROcede boost is 12-12.5 peak.

BTW, Terry, what happened to that thread of yours where you said you have been intentionally inciting a bit of bashing and egging on arguing? You were called out on it and admited to it and stated you'd tone it down.
Doesn't seem to be the case!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why do you guys need to bash Shiv, is it to justify your purchases you made to save a couple hundred bucks, on a product that without Shiv you wouldn't have?
BTW, Shiv states, if I remember correctly, that the PROcede boost is 12-12.5 peak.

BTW, Terry, what happened to that thread of yours where you said you have been intentionally inciting a bit of bashing and egging on arguing? You were called out on it and admited to it and stated you'd tone it down.
Doesn't seem to be the case!
I didn't make that up. Someone posted this procede dyno clearly showing 14.4 PSI peak!

In my opinion I don't see how one can make more power than the other. Power is just a function of boost, timing, and AF ratio. Neither device has an advantage in the power arena, its just a matter of having a great map.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #9
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Yeah, i saw that thread, but I don't believe it at all.
There is no way the PROcede could have over 2 PSI more but only make a few more ponies.

And I agree about the boost, timing, etc.
It's just a matter of the tune, not one having an advantage of max boost or whatever.
Again, the AA Xede is a nice unit, but I just don't see the logic in saving a couple hundred bucks on older technology that won't allow the upgrades the PROcede will. Same with the TT. Don't see the logic in saving $700 at the risk of safety, reliability, and so forth.
I know most are on a budget, but I'd venture to say that people buying a $45K car aren't breaking the bank by spending a couple hundred extra dollars.
And, by no means am I saying the most expensive product is always the best. I put General Exclaim UHP tires on my car. Sure not quite as good as the PS2's or CS3's sure, but if the difference in price was 10-20% I'd probably of gotten one of those. But the difference was like less than 1/2 and the Generals are within 10% of what the PS2's are performance wise.
The TT is less than 1/2 the price, but you get 1/2 the performance and 1/2 the safety and technology.
The AA Xede seems like it's very close to the PROcede's performance at 20% less price, that makes it a good choice for many.

I'm just a bit more chickenshit when it comes to electronics, and want the best, most up to date product in the car. Plus it allows for more advancements AND supports the man who made it all possible for us this early in the game!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, i saw that thread, but I don't believe it at all.
There is no way the PROcede could have over 2 PSI more but only make a few more ponies.

And I agree about the boost, timing, etc.
It's just a matter of the tune, not one having an advantage of max boost or whatever.
Again, the AA Xede is a nice unit, but I just don't see the logic in saving a couple hundred bucks on older technology that won't allow the upgrades the PROcede will. Same with the TT. Don't see the logic in saving $700 at the risk of safety, reliability, and so forth.
I know most are on a budget, but I'd venture to say that people buying a $45K car aren't breaking the bank by spending a couple hundred extra dollars.
And, by no means am I saying the most expensive product is always the best. I put General Exclaim UHP tires on my car. Sure not quite as good as the PS2's or CS3's sure, but if the difference in price was 10-20% I'd probably of gotten one of those. But the difference was like less than 1/2 and the Generals are within 10% of what the PS2's are performance wise.
The TT is less than 1/2 the price, but you get 1/2 the performance and 1/2 the safety and technology.
The AA Xede seems like it's very close to the PROcede's performance at 20% less price, that makes it a good choice for many.

I'm just a bit more chickenshit when it comes to electronics, and want the best, most up to date product in the car. Plus it allows for more advancements AND supports the man who made it all possible for us this early in the game!

Where the procede is making more boost, you can see its making a lot more power. It's just that as they get towards redline the power and boost converge. I also noticed the RD/Xede setup is pretty lean, so their map clearly needs some work.

I understand where you are coming from on the hardware, its just a personal choice people need to make. Personally I think the Xede will serve me well, but it will be interesting to see what the procede guys come up with.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I didn't make that up. Someone posted this procede dyno clearly showing 14.4 PSI peak!

In my opinion I don't see how one can make more power than the other. Power is just a function of boost, timing, and AF ratio. Neither device has an advantage in the power arena, its just a matter of having a great map.
Terry, it's pretty clear that there is something wrong with that dyno's acquisition of boost data. The chief engineer for the 335i himself said that the vehicle does 0.6 bar and will up the ante to 0.8 bar to compensate for altitude. Now I'm not sure who posted that dyno, but it sure wasn't someone who got tuned by Shiv at his "high-altitude tune" so I am hard pressed to believe that a stock vehicle, running at normal altitude, is pushing 0.85 bar.

Perhaps his vehicle came from the factory with a performance tune, lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #12
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Terry, it's pretty clear that there is something wrong with that dyno's acquisition of boost data. The chief engineer for the 335i himself said that the vehicle does 0.6 bar and will up the ante to 0.8 bar to compensate for altitude. Now I'm not sure who posted that dyno, but it sure wasn't someone who got tuned by Shiv at his "high-altitude tune" so I am hard pressed to believe that a stock vehicle, running at normal altitude, is pushing 0.85 bar.

Perhaps his vehicle came from the factory with a performance tune, lol.

I suppose its my fault for not including the entire link, but this dyno shows a RD/Xede vs. procede, not a stock dyno.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #13
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Which is which. Define/label the color line bitte.
      04-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #14
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Which is which. Define/label the color line bitte.
Too lazy to find the original thread (its on here somewhere), but red was procede and blue was Xede with only map signal altered.

Last edited by Terry335; 04-21-2007 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Too lazy to find the original thread (its on here somewhere), but red was procede and blue was AA/Xede with only map signal altered.

here is the original thread I took the dyno from and posted it on e90post....

http://www.socale90.com/forums/showt...=1020#post1020
Appreciate 0