E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Speeding ticket

02-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #23
mdash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seej333 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
I highly recommend an attorney. Barbara Bowden has saved my life numerous times. Google her....

Either way, being it is your first ticket your lawyer can ask to defer the infraction to a reckless endangerment rather then reckless driving (which would then be a non traffic violation) and then get it defered for two years. If you don't get another ticket of 15mph over the limit or worse then the ticket will drop off your record after the two years. This can be done once every 7 years. Just so you know.
This can't be deferred, it's not an infraction. Racing/reckless driving is a criminal charge.
She has done it in the past for me. I was a troubled youth. Lol

Op I'll pm you when I'm on my real computer and not this crappy phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #24
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberger1 View Post
How about accept responsibility and pay it? You admitted on here you were Playing with your brother....You gotta pay to play!! The cop was an asshole? for doing his job? Do people call you that at work when you hand in your TPS reports? What a jerk...he did his job,,,so Im gonna sue him....Just sayin...

Dont push the pedal if you cant afford the fine, and dont be a hypocrite if you choose to fight it,,never ever again complain when someone does something wrong in your eyes...maybe they are also "playing with their brother"

Yeah I know,,,,reality sucks.
you gotta pay to play? how about you save your immature comment for yourself. I'm posting here just to get a help from other member, that was the purpose of this forum "helping others". if you want to bash other people, just go to www.clubcivic.com/board/.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #25
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
She has done it in the past for me. I was a troubled youth. Lol

Op I'll pm you when I'm on my real computer and not this crappy phone.
thanks! really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #26
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
I just got a speeding ticket in San Marcos, CA. $360 going 70 in a 50 zone. $410 if I want to take traffic school, which doesn't include the traffic school fee itself. Stupid broke government.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #27
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirnegrey View Post
you gotta pay to play? how about you save your immature comment for yourself. I'm posting here just to get a help from other member, that was the purpose of this forum "helping others". if you want to bash other people, just go to www.clubcivic.com/board/.

Accepting responsibility is immature? Is that what you plan to tell your children? you wanted help, I offered advice, the advice was something you didnt want to hear...I get it, however that does not mean it was bad advise...Maybe you should take your own advice that you offered me and head to the civic board Mr street racer without the pocket book to backup the car you drive....

I have no problems whatsoever paying for every ticket I recieve, because whether I am twisting my throttle on my bike or stomping the gas on my car, I KNOW I AM DOING IT, and I AM WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

ASSHAT!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #28
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Evo IX MR/X5d w/Adaptive Drive

Jeannie Mucklestone (206) 623-3343
Best of the best! Give her a call. You actually may never talk to her but she gets the job done.

Also why is it that every time there is a thread like this there's got to be someone that says TAKE Responsibility. Come on people, clearly everyone on this forum would rather spend their money on mods for their car than pay tickets, higher insurance rates etc.

Let's just help each other out if we can.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #29
Phil Su
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i V4 / '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Accepting responsibility is immature? Is that what you plan to tell your children? you wanted help, I offered advice, the advice was something you didnt want to hear...I get it, however that does not mean it was bad advise...Maybe you should take your own advice that you offered me and head to the civic board Mr street racer without the pocket book to backup the car you drive....

I have no problems whatsoever paying for every ticket I recieve, because whether I am twisting my throttle on my bike or stomping the gas on my car, I KNOW I AM DOING IT, and I AM WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

ASSHAT!
Yes, accepting responsibility without consulting counsel is an immature and stupid thing to do. That is exactly what I have told all of my friends and plan on teaching my child. When one is charged with a criminal offense, the court makes it really clear during arraignment that as an accused, the person: Is innocent until proven guilty; has the right to counsel; has the right to a speedy and public trial; has the right to confront his accusers and question witnesses who will testify against him; has the right to have witnesses testify for him at no cost to him; has the right to an appeal upon a guilty verdict and so on. Your advice that he waive all those rights and take it up the ass is not a good advice. Our fellow brother is posting asking for constructive advice and not criticism. By accepting responsibility, there may be an avalanche of crap that may happen due to circumstances unknown to you. You are entitled to your opinion, but do understand that the OP is under some serious stress, there is no need to criticize him with your moral superiority.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep

You guys are amazing...Phil, yes we as people have rights,,however we as people also have brains, and the capability of higher thinking,,,well one would hope anyhow. My point is this, very simple. The OP knows he was wrong, he WAS speeding, he admits to playing with his brother, why not just fess up and pay the ticket, instead of hiring an attorney? Why go through the hassle given that the OP was WRONG? yeah yeah allegedly speeding,....the glove doesnt fit...I am not morally superior...well take that back maybe I am because I have no problem admitting when Im wrong, Carry on peons..and bow to my moral superiority.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #31
Phil Su
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i V4 / '05 GSX-R600

My friend, my sentiment would be different if this was a simple ticket. However, OP is facing some serious allegations with serious consequences. OP didn't say what he did and I would advise against putting the facts out for all to see, but did the officer have enough to charge OP with reckless driving? I am scheduled for trial in Shoreline next month for a reckless driving charge. My client allegedly accelerated too fast out of a corner so Shoreline PO arrested him, held him overnight. My client is going to trial as a matter of principle and I waived my trial fees because I agree with him. Again, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I appreciate your input.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #32
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Instead of wasting your time bashing one another.... The OP seems to have more than enough opinions here to make his choice on what he should do. While there are many here who have made some valid points and offered some sound suggestions, in the end the OP will have to answer for his actions or defend his position. My own opinion is, if I were facing a problem that I was unsure how to handle I would seek out help and or advice from friends, family or if necessary people who specialize in the area that the problem involves and therefore can offer the best solution. I wouldn't waste my time on a msg board talking to people who will just pick you apart and get you to disclose every detail that maybe should not be put onto a public forum. These sights are great for mod advice and networking. Life advice, not so much. I guess to each their own. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #33
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

geez, please no more drama already! op got plenty to deal himself. give a guy a little break.

we all know it's easier to criticize. sure he should pay for his WRONG but it doesn't mean that he should give up his rights neither. if life works as simeple as some of you advise to, we shouldn't be needing lawyers or insurance companies. just pay up the wrong and move on. but we all know it's not that simple. i'm sure you all carrying an insurance in case of accident. if you argue that he should just pay up the wrong everytime, why would you even bother to have insurance? if you make an accident, just pay up your wrong. whatever the amout that might be. but you are not doing so neither, are you? i'm sure he didn't plan on getting into this neither. after all we're all human and make mistake all the time. noone is perfect but one (and no that's not me ) and we need some safety-net for that and that's the purpose of insurance, lawyer etc etc.

imho, by hiring legal counsel, he is being responsible. he's not running away from the consequence and actively seeking the best way of being on top of this. he will learn the lesson out of it hopefully and be more responsible next time around and imho, that's more important. what's done is done. no need to point out his wrong and give him a lecture on what he should/shouldn't have done...

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #34
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Su View Post
My friend, my sentiment would be different if this was a simple ticket. However, OP is facing some serious allegations with serious consequences. OP didn't say what he did and I would advise against putting the facts out for all to see, but did the officer have enough to charge OP with reckless driving? I am scheduled for trial in Shoreline next month for a reckless driving charge. My client allegedly accelerated too fast out of a corner so Shoreline PO arrested him, held him overnight. My client is going to trial as a matter of principle and I waived my trial fees because I agree with him. Again, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I appreciate your input.
Very well said, and I appreciate the time you took to say it. I do see your point, and glad there are people out there like you willing to stand up for us when we lack better judgment.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #35
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
geez, please no more drama already! op got plenty to deal himself. give a guy a little break.

we all know it's easier to criticize. sure he should pay for his WRONG but it doesn't mean that he should give up his rights neither. if life works as simeple as some of you advise to, we shouldn't be needing lawyers or insurance companies. just pay up the wrong and move on. but we all know it's not that simple. i'm sure you all carrying an insurance in case of accident. if you argue that he should just pay up the wrong everytime, why would you even bother to have insurance? if you make an accident, just pay up your wrong. whatever the amout that might be. but you are not doing so neither, are you? i'm sure he didn't plan on getting into this neither. after all we're all human and make mistake all the time. noone is perfect but one (and no that's not me ) and we need some safety-net for that and that's the purpose of insurance, lawyer etc etc.

imho, by hiring legal counsel, he is being responsible. he's not running away from the consequence and actively seeking the best way of being on top of this. he will learn the lesson out of it hopefully and be more responsible next time around and imho, that's more important. what's done is done. no need to point out his wrong and give him a lecture on what he should/shouldn't have done...
another well spoken opinion!
I would argue that my first post was as well, however the OP got his --ties in a wad because my opinion wasnt what they wanted to hear.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #36
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:

ASSHAT!
accepting responsibility is totally not immature, but the way you write insult people and that's an immature act. why can't you think of that before you wrote a reply? okay, I'm not going to waste my time to reply unnecessary post. thanks, I really appreciate advices from the other.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #37
yogi
Ninjapotamus
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 & E90

Quote:
hi, I just got a racing ticket.. any advice?
good lawyer for ya.

Jeannie Mucklestone
(206) 623-3343
www.mucklestone.com
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #38
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
too much drama for me to read thru lol. But this has got to be the stupidest comment ever! If this is true, omg you need intelligence! You either have the worst driving record or you drive like a grandma and please dear gawd stay in the right lane and away from other traffic! Cause technically you can get a ticket for going 5 over. I've gotten a ticket for 8 over. Yes the cop was "doing his job." But more realistically he was being a dick. Reckless driving for 80 on the freeway is a dick move. I've gotten 4 speeding tickets, never did I have to pay the full fine. My record is 100% clear. Comon dude get a clue

Keep us updated on what happens. I'd like to know the process and if you get it dismissed. I'll just say the same thing could happen to me lol. Do you not have a radar?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #39
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Jag Matto gotten me out of everything 253-332-4879

and when did you get an m3 gary?
      02-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #40
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega222 View Post
too much drama for me to read thru lol. But this has got to be the stupidest comment ever! If this is true, omg you need intelligence! You either have the worst driving record or you drive like a grandma and please dear gawd stay in the right lane and away from other traffic! Cause technically you can get a ticket for going 5 over. I've gotten a ticket for 8 over. Yes the cop was "doing his job." But more realistically he was being a dick. Reckless driving for 80 on the freeway is a dick move. I've gotten 4 speeding tickets, never did I have to pay the full fine. My record is 100% clear. Comon dude get a clue

Keep us updated on what happens. I'd like to know the process and if you get it dismissed. I'll just say the same thing could happen to me lol. Do you not have a radar?
I have radar, but that time I was just playing around so I didn't put it on. waiting for the letter from the court for now. I'll keep you updated..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #41
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post

about a couple weeks ago. haven't seen you in a while dude, where have you been?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #42
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

about a couple weeks ago. haven't seen you in a while dude, where have you been?
I've been everywhere man but in the nw. Back in town now!!

Got pics of this beast? We gotta meet up some time!
      03-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #43
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
I've been everywhere man but in the nw. Back in town now!!

Got pics of this beast? We gotta meet up some time!
fosho, just did photo shoot last weekend still waiting for the pics. any new mods coming alex?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #44
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
fosho, just did photo shoot last weekend still waiting for the pics. any new mods coming alex?
Sweet dude! Can't wait to see those pics. You still going to the dicks meet, is that still around?

As far as mods, I've done a few things cosmetic and a couple performance and I've got er where I want it....for the time being