E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is now a good time to buy a Procede Canbus?

07-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Chris052
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Is now a good time to buy a Procede Canbus?

By that I mean are there any new versions coming out in the near future that cannot be upgraded to from the current Canbus? I dont plan on buying every new one that comes out so if its worth waiting a little I would probably opt for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

This platform has huge potential still... the Rev.II box is here to stay for a while...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris052 View Post
By that I mean are there any new versions coming out in the near future that cannot be upgraded to from the current Canbus? I dont plan on buying every new one that comes out so if its worth waiting a little I would probably opt for that.
With CANbus integration, there is no limitation with the current hardware. We don't expect to update hardware in the conceivable future. Today will be just as good as a time to buy as a year from now.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
iPhoneHero
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Instead of purchasing a new system for $1000 purchase a used "Rev 1" system for $250-$300 in the used section. If you study the dyno day comparisons and user reviews the power and drivability are virtually identical. The "Rev 2" features are just blatant hype designed to get you to buy. You have to realize you are dealing with very successful and professional salespeople here. They know how to pull your strings and separate you from your hard earned cash. Many "users" here are plants that received their box for free or discounted to help create buzz around the new system. Other "users" are happy with anything to self justify their hefty upgrade purchase. Don't fall for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneHero View Post
Instead of purchasing a new system for $1000 purchase a used "Rev 1" system for $250-$300 in the used section. If you study the dyno day comparisons and user reviews the power and drivability are virtually identical. The "Rev 2" features are just blatant hype designed to get you to buy. You have to realize you are dealing with very successful and professional salespeople here. They know how to pull your strings and separate you from your hard earned cash. Don't fall for it.
I have seen all those Rev I's for sale, but do not know the difference of the Rev I between the Rev II, aside from the CANbus.... Not a simple tune to understand.. Wheres the Vishnu for dummies hand book??
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Instead of purchasing a new system for $1000 purchase a used "Rev 1" system for $250-$300 in the used section. If you study the dyno day comparisons and user reviews the power and drivability are virtually identical. The "Rev 2" features are just blatant hype designed to get you to buy. You have to realize you are dealing with very successful and professional salespeople here. They know how to pull your strings and separate you from your hard earned cash. Don't fall for it.
      07-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
What was explained to me and correct me if I'm wrong but the REV2 with CanBus, you can clear codes. The Rev1 you cannot clear codes without a BT Scan tool
      07-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
zaxjax
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Instead of purchasing a new system for $1000 purchase a used "Rev 1" system for $250-$300 in the used section. If you study the dyno day comparisons and user reviews the power and drivability are virtually identical. The "Rev 2" features are just blatant hype designed to get you to buy. You have to realize you are dealing with very successful and professional salespeople here. They know how to pull your strings and separate you from your hard earned cash. Many "users" here are plants that received their box for free or discounted to help create buzz around the new system. Other "users" are happy with anything to self justify their hefty upgrade purchase. Don't fall for it.
4 total posts

Troll!
      07-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267211
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=vishnu

if you get rev1 you wont have the canbus

hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxjax View Post
4 total posts

Troll!
Yeah and they are all bashing the procede. I don't get why people even bother...
      07-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Chris052
Germany
Rep

Are there any stipulations on the $945 e90post price? Normally I am all about buying stuff used but a "magic box" capable of smoking my engine if incorrectly programmed is something I want straight from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

So basically if I were to pick up a used Rev I, i would be able to run the same maps and get the same performance as Rev II, minus the CANbus feature?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
So basically if I were to pick up a used Rev I, i would be able to run the same maps and get the same performance as Rev II, minus the CANbus feature?
Well, up until now yes. The coming maps and firmware make heavy use of the CAN bus so you'll probably be missing out on the advancements in the new maps and software. Your call really.
      07-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
zaxjax
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
It's what I'm running now and I love it, no codes thrown as of yet!
      07-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
All this from someone with the user name iPhoneHero. The potential hypocrisy is overwhelming...

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
http://www.garagejournal.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #16
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
but a "magic box" capable of smoking my engine if incorrectly programmed is something I want straight from the factory.
Wait. What? You want the factory to offer a box that can smoke your engine...

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
http://www.garagejournal.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
TheTwinz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 300Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Yeah and they are all bashing the procede. I don't get why people even bother...
I don't see it as bashing procede.. He did tell the guy to just buy the Rev 1.. not like he was trying to sway him into getting a different tune. he was just stating his opinion on the matter. that is still legal on a public forum right?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
shifterboy45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

iPhoneHero

now thats what i call that some serious hating ..
there's no reason for undermining a tuners effort -- making wild statements like that.. each person on this forum has the benefit of a wealth of knowledge at the click of a mouse (whether you chose to believe these actual experiences are true or not), and good sense and a track record of the tuner will always tell the tale.. I believe that Shiv's track record speaks for itself -- with out comments from the "peanut gallery"
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwinz View Post
I don't see it as bashing procede.. He did tell the guy to just buy the Rev 1.. not like he was trying to sway him into getting a different tune. he was just stating his opinion on the matter. that is still legal on a public forum right?
Yeah, he loves Shiv and he loves the Procede - that's what I took away from it.
      07-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwinz View Post
Yes, of course, but for someone to register and have all four of their posts be negative comments about a particular tune insinuates that they are a regular user on here who has decided to hide behind another username to bash someone else's product, which I think is foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Yeah, he loves Shiv and he loves the Procede - that's what I took away from it.
Me? I think Shiv presents himself well on here and has a good product. I also think the JB3 is a good product, and though I don't have any first hand experience with it, it seems those who do like it very much. I think there should be accurate information from which the customer can choose their product. Spreading false information doesn't help. If calling someone out who is doing that is being a fan boy, then I guess I'm guilty?
      07-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
Chris052
Germany
Rep

Factory, i.e.company producing it and not someone selling it used. Red wire.....hhhhot
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
TheTwinz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 300Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Me? I think Shiv presents himself well on here and has a good product. I also think the JB3 is a good product, and though I don't have any first hand experience with it, it seems those who do like it very much. I think there should be accurate information from which the customer can choose their product. Spreading false information doesn't help. If calling someone out who is doing that is being a fan boy, then I guess I'm guilty?
Lawdude was being sarcastic.. lol.
Appreciate 0