E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New exhaust: Milltek vs GT HAUS (Meisterschaft) rear mufflers

04-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

New exhaust: Milltek vs GT HAUS (Meisterschaft) rear mufflers

I'm in the market for a new exhaust for my FBO N54 E90. NOTE: Rear mufflers only at this stage

At the moment I'm deciding between the Milltek and the GT Haus (Meisterschaft) systems.

Unfortunately no one in my area has either for me to actually listen to, so I have to rely on Youtube and others experiences..

A few quick pros and cons:

Milltek
Pro: Cheaper ($950), I could do a cat back for the same price as the GT Haus. Made in the UK.
Con: Doesn't sound as good - Nor look as good (you can see the mufflers hanging down below the bar).

From what I've heard on Youtube - they sound a bit like a jap turbo (Supra). I have AR Catless DP's so they would sound different anyway. If anyone has the milltek with catless DP's - chime in!

GT Haus
Pro: Sounds better (on Youtube anyway), Looks better.
Con: Costs more ($1600), Could be TOO loud? Also, they have a bad rep (ripped off Eisenmann by selling Korean made mufflers under their name back in 2008).

They sound great on Youtube, however again I have Catless DP's so the sound will differ, AND could potentially be too loud (the car is a daily drive). Also, there is a lot of negativity floating around GT Haus due to what happened back in 2008 with Eisenmann. Anyone know if they're still dodgy, or more to the point - where their mufflers are currently made? The quality seems up to scratch (from what I've seen in photos / others comments etc).

SuperSprint could also be thrown into the mix, but I haven't really looked too far into them..

Open to suggestions - etc..

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Not sure where your located, but id be damned to be spending 950-1000 on mufflers alone.

Id stick to well known brands (ae, active, vrsf etc) and purchase a full system or id just go for bmw performance exhaust.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'm in Australia, so pretty much everything has to be imported.. I'd save a bit of coin going with the ae, vrsf offers, but again I get stung with shipping, so am after mufflers only and will get the mid section fabbed up locally.

I'd go the BMW PE, but quite a few have it around here, so would like to be a bit different..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

What about a bastuck?

Definately unique and right in your price range:

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
2jzn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT

I have a Milltek and highly recommend it.. I personally like it more than the AE and Bastuck and do like most Milltek exhausts that I've encountered. The exhaust is definitely "quiet" but plenty loud in person unless you are someone that has to have a Vanguard loud or straight pipe loud car. With catless DPs the Milltek sounds perfect IMO.
Appreciate 0