E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eye Comparisons

10-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #331
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canderson View Post
I have a 2008 e90 335xi with xenon so many of the options discussed here are not available (camaross, Lux H8, OSS, Cityvision). Lux H5 seems to have a fan and I would rather avoid that. Best bets seems to be MTEC and Weisslicht - both about $150. Both have nice looking heat sinks. Both seem to be well regarded by posters here.

Recommendations?
the LUX 5.1 no longer has a fan
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #332
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
I have a 2008 e90 335xi with xenon so many of the options discussed here are not available (camaross, Lux H8, OSS, Cityvision). Lux H5 seems to have a fan and I would rather avoid that. Best bets seems to be MTEC and Weisslicht - both about $150. Both have nice looking heat sinks. Both seem to be well regarded by posters here.

Recommendations?
MTEC's are made out of a full aluminum body which helps immensely for the heat dissipation
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #333
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
I apologize, I forgot to specify, I have an 09 sedan, I forgot it made a difference.

So if any vendors want to pm me some good prices that'd be great
the E90 LCI angel eyes will depend if you have xenon headlights or halogen headlights. each is unique in regards to angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #334
c_rob85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07' 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
the LUX 5.1 no longer has a fan
Cool deal... when can we get our hands on them??
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #335
Zasquatch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Recommendations?
Get the MTEC's!

I was originally waiting for LUX 5.1's... but after being on backorder for 2 months, with the date pushed farther and farther back, I went with MTEC's instead. I don't regret it one bit, they look awesome and exceeded my expectations!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #336
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Get the MTEC's!

I was originally waiting for LUX 5.1's... but after being on backorder for 2 months, with the date pushed farther and farther back, I went with MTEC's instead. I don't regret it one bit, they look awesome and exceeded my expectations!
what is the best place for mtech
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #337
JuryTM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d M-Sport

I have a 2011 E90 LCI 335d, and it's completely non-obvious to me what my real choices are for a light that won't throw codes and doesn't require hacking at existing wiring. As it's a newer model, it has the Xenon Adaptive Headlights. I'd greatly appreciate your guidance!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #338
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuryTM View Post
I have a 2011 E90 LCI 335d, and it's completely non-obvious to me what my real choices are for a light that won't throw codes and doesn't require hacking at existing wiring. As it's a newer model, it has the Xenon Adaptive Headlights. I'd greatly appreciate your guidance!
Our HID Angel Eyes will work for your car no errors or slicing of any wires.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #339
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Here is some pictures of some of the colors we have to offer

12,000K Violet iPhone 4 Daylight 11am direct Sunlight picture unedited.

10,000K Brilliant Blue iPhone 4 Daylight 11am direct Sunlight picture unedited.

3,000K JDM Yellow (looks 50 times better in person) iPhone 4 Daylight 2pm direct Sunlight picture unedited.

8,000K Diamond White (Less blue in person, more white) Casio EX600 2megapixel standard camera 1pm Direct Sunlight unedited

20,000K Cosmo Blue Casio EX600 2megapixel standard camera 5pm Little Sunlight unedited
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 02:56 AM   #340
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Here is some pictures of some of the colors we have to offer

12,000K Violet iPhone 4 Daylight 11am direct Sunlight picture unedited.

10,000K Brilliant Blue iPhone 4 Daylight 11am direct Sunlight picture unedited.

3,000K JDM Yellow (looks 50 times better in person) iPhone 4 Daylight 2pm direct Sunlight picture unedited.

8,000K Diamond White (Less blue in person, more white) Casio EX600 2megapixel standard camera 1pm Direct Sunlight unedited

20,000K Cosmo Blue Casio EX600 2megapixel standard camera 5pm Little Sunlight unedited
I don't doubt the times those were taken, but NOT ONE is in direct sunlight. I don't ever like to call people out, but the lack of honesty in the photos is pretty perturbing. With people often times ordering online, they don't get a chance to see them in person and what they really look like– so they naturally assume these photos are accurate representations. In this case, I certainly hope that people are able to see that these shots are far from direct sunlight, and taken in ideal situations. It's pretty embarrassing for you to post these photos and accompanying captions expecting people to believe it... you can see the shadows and direction of the light source... thats just lazy. In the reflection of the housing in one of the shots, you can see the shot was taken inside. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? If you really want to entirely BS people, you could then photoshop the hell out of them (like some shops on here I wont name), but I guess I could applaud you for not going there. Actually, this is probably worse than photoshopping the photos, because this is flat out lying.

I don't want to go on a tirade, but the whole AE vendor practices are really shady and unethical (with very few exceptions). I had wasted a lot of time on previous AE products because I bought into these bullshit photos, and I don't want to see other people be taken for the same loop. As a vendor, if you have to BS your product photos to sell them, then maybe you made a shitty purchase and shouldn't try to con customers into buying them. I know word spreads quickly on these forums about the true quality of each product, but I'm more shocked there hasn't been more outcry about this. I basically got fed up with AE replacements and shelled out for LS3 LEDs because I can't find myself believing any of these vendor photos. I understand times are tough, and you want to do anything possible to help move product, but I don't see how this stuff is justifiable. Own up to the quality of your products, or lack there of in this case.

Hopefully people are starting to wise-up to the BS pushed out by most of these shops, and to the shops... how about a little honestly?

Last edited by onnex; 11-06-2010 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #341
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

To be honest with you, those are full on non edited pictures, you are in Los Angeles, I will meet with you, and you can take the pictures with your iPhone or mine, I have no clue what alternative motives you have to attack me in this way but everyone on the forums know HID Angel Eyes are the brightest and these are true non edited or re sized photos.

Please you Photoshop experts please chime in, these ARE FULLY NON EDITED in anyway, I have no clue for what reason you would attack me nor claim my pictures are fake. Highly confused here. Unless you work for another vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
I don't doubt the times those were taken, but NOT ONE is in direct sunlight. I don't ever like to call people out, but the lack of honesty in the photos is pretty perturbing. With people often times ordering online, they don't get a chance to see them in person and what they really look like– so they naturally assume these photos are accurate representations. In this case, I certainly hope that people are able to see that these shots are far from direct sunlight, and taken in ideal situations. It's pretty embarrassing for you to post these photos and accompanying captions expecting people to believe it... you can see the shadows and direction of the light source... thats just lazy. In the reflection of the housing in one of the shots, you can see the shot was taken inside. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? If you really want to entirely BS people, you could then photoshop the hell out of them (like some shops on here I wont name), but I guess I could applaud you for not going there. Actually, this is probably worse than photoshopping the photos, because this is flat out lying.

I don't want to go on a tirade, but the whole AE vendor practices are really shady and unethical (with very few exceptions). I had wasted a lot of time on previous AE products because I bought into these bullshit photos, and I don't want to see other people be taken for the same loop. As a vendor, if you have to BS your product photos to sell them, then maybe you made a shitty purchase and shouldn't try to con customers into buying them. I know word spreads quickly on these forums about the true quality of each product, but I'm more shocked there hasn't been more outcry about this. I basically got fed up with AE replacements and shelled out for LS3 LEDs because I can't find myself believing any of these vendor photos. I understand times are tough, and you want to do anything possible to help move product, but I don't see how this stuff is justifiable. Own up to the quality of your products, or lack there of in this case.

Hopefully people are starting to wise-up to the BS pushed out by most of these shops, and to the shops... how about a little honestly?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #342
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
To be honest with you, those are full on non edited pictures, you are in Los Angeles, I will meet with you, and you can take the pictures with your iPhone or mine, I have no clue what alternative motives you have to attack me in this way but everyone on the forums know HID Angel Eyes are the brightest and these are true non edited or re sized photos.

Please you Photoshop experts please chime in, these ARE FULLY NON EDITED in anyway, I have no clue for what reason you would attack me nor claim my pictures are fake. Highly confused here. Unless you work for another vendor.
Nope, I don't work for another vendor, I just find the way that most vendors mislead customers to be a little egregious. I've never had any experience dealing with Alpine, and to be honest I've come to the understanding that you DO have some of the brighter options available. I'm just pointing out the fact that the photos almost always have some sort of lighting deception or photoshop assistance– and somehow this has become status quo (It's by no means just Alpine doing it). I guess it's kinda like how every shot of a hot model has a little fat trimmed off, eyes are whitened and the bags under her eyes magically disappear- and people happily believe that's what she really looks like because it looks so damn good.

In your case, I believe you when you say you didn't use photoshop. I work in photoshop all day everyday, and the wanton raping put on other AE photos is obvious (and sadly funny) to me– it's good to see you didn't go that route. That wasn't my point though. My point is that these are not direct sunlight shots- a test that many AE products fail, and vendors want to hide at all costs. If your set-up really is visibile in direct sunlight, THEN SHOW PEOPLE THAT. Like I mentioned before, it's embarrassing that you post these shots thinking people will believe they're in direct sunlight. If you really want, I can diagram out the lighting situations for you if you think I'm wrong.

What's funny is that customers and a lot of forum members follow suit when they post their pictures because they don't want to be 'that idiot that bought AEs you can't see during the day.' They'll look like they didn't do their homework, made a bad purchase, and their car looks worse than before. Not to mention, everyone here wants to showcase their car, so they'll make it look as good as possible. On top of that, with vendors often time breathing down people's necks on the forums, they are usually hesitant to call them out even if they really aren't pleased with the product. (Maybe this was just my case still being relatively new to the forums, and maybe I'm an idiot for doing so now.. but I can live with that).

So I'm sorry I had to call Alpine out, but the failed attempt at deception was too obvious for me not to say anything. You didn't even address the lighting in question in your response, and I think it's pretty obvious why.

And no, I don't want to come meet you to take honest photos, that's supposed to be your job.
      11-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #343
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So I'm sorry I had to call Alpine out, but the failed attempt at deception was too obvious for me not to say anything. You didn't even address the lighting in question in your response, and I think it's pretty obvious why.
There is no failed attempt of deception. Too obvious? Come on man, I am confused here, look at the windshield of the car, you can see the sun. I understand you support Bav X for their LED lights, and have not had the best results with your previous two other choices, but that does not mean you should bash someone else who is attempting to represent his or her product correctly.

These are full on Day Time photos some in DIRECT sun, our HID Angel Eyes are 2-3 times brighter then pop in LEDs or GP Thunders. Once again, this will take 5 minutes of your day, I will come out to you, you can snap your shots with whatever you like, I will PROMISE you, you will have the same results as the pictures above.

Quote:
And no, I don't want to come meet you to take honest photos, that's supposed to be your job.
I already have with the pictures above, you do not have to be so harsh.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #344
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Here is a direct Sunlight Photo with an iPhone, it is such a bright day, you can see the walls and the side of the car is almost whited out, the FACTORY ANGEL EYES are almost not visible...

I'm sure you can not argue this one and claim there is some sort of deception on this picture.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #345
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
There is no failed attempt of deception. Too obvious? Come on man, I am confused here, look at the windshield of the car, you can see the sun. I understand you support Bav X for their LED lights, and have not had the best results with your previous two other choices, but that does not mean you should bash someone else who is attempting to represent his or her product correctly.

These are full on Day Time photos some in DIRECT sun, our HID Angel Eyes are 2-3 times brighter then pop in LEDs or GP Thunders. Once again, this will take 5 minutes of your day, I will come out to you, you can snap your shots with whatever you like, I will PROMISE you, you will have the same results as the pictures above.

I already have with the pictures above, you do not have to be so harsh.

This deserves a JC face palm.

If you can't see that the highlights are on the windshield, but conveniently let out of the headlight area.. well, I dunno what to say. It's clear as day... maybe that's a bad analogy given the current misunderstandings. Maybe the one shot where it's claimed to be in direct sunlight, when you can see the reflection of the garage it's in, more illustrates my point. There's not much direct sunlight in a garage to hinder the appearance of the lights. Unfortunately, those direct sunlight shots aren't the most flattering for your product, so I understand your hesitance to post pictures under those conditions. By all means, post pictures of the lights under shadows and out of direct sunlight, but DONT CLAIM OTHERWISE.

I'm not trying to put down Alpine, and promote Bav X by any means. I went to the shop, had a good experience, and wrote a review... that's besides the point entirely. I didn't even mention the shop until you brought it up. I'm not trying to promote any shop here at all, I don't have any 'loyalties' to anyone, I'm just an individual who is tired of the manipulation shops use to make their lights seem brighter than they are. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh, I promise you it's nothing personal or directed at your shop, you're just the unlucky one I happen to notice and finally call out. If it makes you feel any better, I can throw some of the other venders under the bus with you?

I'm sure I'm not making a whole lot of friends by doing this, but it seems like someone needs to say it and bring the issue to light.
      11-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #346
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Here is a direct Sunlight Photo with an iPhone, it is such a bright day, you can see the walls and the side of the car is almost whited out, the FACTORY ANGEL EYES are almost not visible...

I'm sure you can not argue this one and claim there is some sort of deception on this picture.

Double face palm. Are you serious? Why do you have the hood up? There is ZERO direct sunlight contact on the face of the headlights. You are right though, there sure is direct sunlight on the side of the car. Good job, sport, you've got a great eye. Maybe you just don't understand direct sunlight and how it might relate to AEs? I'm truely at a loss, you just keep proving my point more and more. I drew a pretty diagram to help you understand what direct sunlight is:

I drew it with my left hand and broke it down to the core elements, so I feel it might help get the point across better. If you feel it needs any further annotation, I'd be glad to help you out through this difficult concept.
      11-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #347
c_jeong89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 TiAg

i do believe that the HID kits are the brightest bulb option but really the only way to get visible equally distributed light during the day is through LS3 or OSS which is of course $$$$.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #348
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_jeong89 View Post
i do believe that the HID kits are the brightest bulb option but really the only way to get visible equally distributed light during the day is through LS3 or OSS which is of course $$$$.
agreed
      11-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #349
m3_chris
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

So is it just the LUX5.0 if I have Halogen lights? Does OSS make a kit for me or is it just for cars with oem Xenon? 2011 328i.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #350
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_chris View Post
So is it just the LUX5.0 if I have Halogen lights? Does OSS make a kit for me or is it just for cars with oem Xenon? 2011 328i.
LUX 5.0 is the best choice for Halogen LCI Sedans IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #351
luis@ossdesigns
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_chris View Post
We can do angels on LCI halogen no prob
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #352
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Quote:

Double face palm. Are you serious? Why do you have the hood up? There is ZERO direct sunlight contact on the face of the headlights. You are right though, there sure is direct sunlight on the side of the car. Good job, sport, you've got a great eye. Maybe you just don't understand direct sunlight and how it might relate to AEs? I'm truely at a loss, you just keep proving my point more and more. I drew a pretty diagram to help you understand what direct sunlight is:

I drew it with my left hand and broke it down to the core elements, so I feel it might help get the point across better. If you feel it needs any further annotation, I'd be glad to help you out through this difficult concept.
Dude, honestly YOUR BEING A DOUCHE! First, I have these on my car and they look phenomenal. Second, HE OFFERED TO SHOW YOU THEM IN PERSON. If you have such a prob, let him show you in perosn before you bash his proudct claiming stuff you have no proof of.

Have you checked the others who have posted having these? Have you seen them in person? If not, please hold you claims which lack ANY ground or proof.

No I do not work for him or know him. I live on the other side of the continent so ther eis no relations whatsoever. GIVE THE MAN A BREAK AND LET HIM SELL HIS PROUDCT!
Appreciate 0