E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP: Door Open Error???

10-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #45
homieG
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F

i have nooo idea. just strange! i drove today and it didnt show up. so hoping it never shows up unless the door is actually ajar. haha
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #46
LS3332
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi sedan

hey paul did you fix the problem, im having the same issued i just installed the lux angel eyes and i have the door open message that keeps comming on. need help. thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #47
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

i'm having the same issue to after i installed the bimmian led kit at first it was a park light error that went away now i'm getting a door open error....i think im taking these lights off and getting some rd or lux
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #48
Gizzy's_M235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

Having the same Open Door error issue. Just installed some LED angels that I bought from a vendor here. Drove for an hour with that annoying chime the whole time. Only way to get rid of it is to turn the lights off. What are best lights to pick up that dont throw any errors? Also, can I get the lights out without removing the headlights?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #49
Predestined
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgiz13 View Post
Having the same Open Door error issue. Just installed some LED angels that I bought from a vendor here. Drove for an hour with that annoying chime the whole time. Only way to get rid of it is to turn the lights off. What are best lights to pick up that dont throw any errors? Also, can I get the lights out without removing the headlights?
Same here, with the Umnitza ICE V5. I'm taking them out today one at a time to confirm which side is the culprit. I too would like to know which don't throw errors. The thing is, these worked perfect for about two months and then the Open Door errors started, and they are relentless.

You can get the lights out without removing the headlights. For the E90, I followed these steps. Key points are to turn the wheel all the way (or remove it), and to use a jack- it's way faster. You can do it without, but it's a PITA.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #50
Gizzy's_M235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

I put my halogen halos back in today. Drove with the lights on all day and no open door error. Really want an LED halo though. Need to find a set that won't cause any errors. Does anybody know if build date has anything to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshpit View Post
Same here, with the Umnitza ICE V5. I'm taking them out today one at a time to confirm which side is the culprit. I too would like to know which don't throw errors. The thing is, these worked perfect for about two months and then the Open Door errors started, and they are relentless.

You can get the lights out without removing the headlights. For the E90, I followed these steps. Key points are to turn the wheel all the way (or remove it), and to use a jack- it's way faster. You can do it without, but it's a PITA.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #51
thetedderbear
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
Electronically how does that make sense though? The headlights and the doors should not be wired up together...
It doesn't have to, it's a BMW. If anything electric can go wrong, it'll all go wrong in a dazzling display of lights on your dash
Appreciate 0