E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > LA Tint prices in Sterling?

04-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

LA Tint prices in Sterling?

I have an appointment in a couple hours to get 35% all around Formula One Carbon Ceramic Tint put on my E92.

I was quoted $329 and this is almost $100 higher than Driven Dynamics in Rockville, but not sure what brand Tint they use.

Questions are, is this worth it for the tint? (im going to try to negotiate down to $300 flat).

Has anyone had LA Tint do their windshields too? How much extra and will they even do it? (pretty sure with no receipt)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper psi-atic View Post
I have an appointment in a couple hours to get 35% all around Formula One Carbon Ceramic Tint put on my E92.

I was quoted $329 and this is almost $100 higher than Driven Dynamics in Rockville, but not sure what brand Tint they use.

Questions are, is this worth it for the tint? (im going to try to negotiate down to $300 flat).

Has anyone had LA Tint do their windshields too? How much extra and will they even do it? (pretty sure with no receipt)

I have the same tint (35%) with vinyl strip for the rear top. I paid the same price plus the vinyl strip ($40). They do great work. I have no complaints.
I did not tint the front windshield.

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Me Nuts

IIRC, DD in Rockville uses 3M tint. That's why you see the 100 bucks difference. I had my F1 tint done at the LA tint in Alexandria shop. Not 100% perfect, some minor scratches but I think it still worthed it. I also paid around 300 that was 2+ years ago. This price was included with the vinyl strip for the rear to cover up the matrix dots.

Let us know how it goes. I have two more cars that need tint.
      04-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

So just got it done. I asked to get a "Forum" discount and he said he already gave me one, which I guess he did, because he gave me Side and Rear windows 35% all-around Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic for $329, and he did the Vinyl strips on the dot-matrix. He quoted me $200 for the windsheild but said think about it cuz VA Inspection will fail you if they scrape the stickers off and see that some tint comes off too.

I took the car there at 11 and it was done by 12:30 (just waited) and they were very professional, and know about BMW's and how to do the dot-matrix.

James and Jeff are the only guys working there and they are all about quality instead of quantity. They dont try to sell you on anything!

The car came out great and I will post some pics once the "curing" stage is complete (4-5 days).

Jeff also showed me a roll of the 3M Di-Noc CF Film that he has been playing with and I talked him into being a possible installer, since everyone is interested in the stuff now. I am having roof done in CF by Raja next week, but he doesnt know if he can do anything else, so Jeff at LA Tint said he might work with me to see how it works.

PICS to come.
Appreciate 0