E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Need some insight on dealership situation.

02-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
jjy2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Some people on here don't know the difference between respect and cheap. aii..sad.

Thanks to all the helpful responses, will be contacting them shortly
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
I have a similar story from T&C too. Few yrs ago, I bring my car to T&C for some work done and they told me they will replace my wiper blade and top up my windshield washer for free. Then of course I am ok with that but when I picked up my car, I got a $140 bill for the wiper blade & washer fuild!!!! then the SA BS to me that they do that for me for free labour but I still have to pay for the fluid ($20) and blade ($100) + tax.... WTF! After a long fight, I end up still have to pay $70 to get out the door!
HAHAHA! They pulled nice one on you. Free labour charge OH WOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I swear they must think BMW owners are group of illiterates or something.
1. Remove the washer fluid cap.
2. Pour washer fliud in.
3. Put the cap back on.
4. Charge 40 bucks labour+cost.
      02-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

btw, is philip chan the korean guy?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #26
hj058
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
This might not sounds as related to your case but, when I had my car serviced at BJ for an engine virbrating problem at start-up. I left my car there for about 3 days. They said it was just a cold start that might seems like an engine vibrating. I said OKAY I'll go pick up the car since I haven't driven it for 3 days. When I go pick my car up, they showed me this bill $60 charge for topping my windshield washer fliud. :/ come on, my car was only 4 month old by then, and I didn't even use the washer fliud that often to get it topped for usage again.

So I told the guy at the cashier that it's a bs, since I left my car there 3 days for a check-up on the engine or possibly the fuel pump and if there was nothing wrong with it or they haven't found anything unusual, I expect to take my car home unchanged. Above all, I told them that "I WASN'T NOTIFIED" of them changing the windshield washer fliud on my car nor I think it's necessary to change it since my car is literally BRAND NEW.

The cashier mumbled some shit and called the man responsible for the change, Roger if I recall correctly. He came along to say that it's how they do it at BJ "taking care of customer's car" I was like Yeah right. I still ain't paying that 60 bucks for a ridiculous washer fliud change as I wasn't notified of the change. He looked at me for a full second length and then said "OKAY, I'll take it off the chart" jotted some shit down on their copy of printed receipt and I was on my way home paying 0 dollar on my end.

I may sound cheap since it's only 60 dollars, but I gotta say I felt kind of backstabbed since they had my precious car for 3 straight days for nothing but a washer fliud replacement? come on, that's not the way to make money off customer and call it "taking care of customers" it was bitter a little afterwards but eventually, I put it away from my mind.

Hope this helps a bit, but in terms of getting your money back from what's already in their hand. I think it's going to be tough since they are going to slow ball the process and the reward of going through the whole hassle seems to be not worth it.
are you sure the 60 dollars is only for the washer fluid? because i just got my car back from them yesterday and they charged me 6 dollars only...
and to the OP ya i believe alignment isnt covered after certain amount of KM but you are right they should have tell you..you should tell them this is respecting the customer by telling them what is happening to customer's own car
      02-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hj058 View Post
are you sure the 60 dollars is only for the washer fluid? because i just got my car back from them yesterday and they charged me 6 dollars only...
and to the OP ya i believe alignment isnt covered after certain amount of KM but you are right they should have tell you..you should tell them this is respecting the customer by telling them what is happening to customer's own car
Yeah it was 6 0 for the washer fluid replacement. I wouldn't jump up for paying 6 dollars for washer fluid.
      02-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #28
hj058
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
Yeah it was 6 0 for the washer fluid replacement. I wouldn't jump up for paying 6 dollars for washer fluid.
than i should feel lucky than..but i just hear something about washer fluid last night too about MCL porsche. My friend's aunt owns a cayenne and when she brought car there for service they are charging her 100 dollars plus tax for washer fluid top up..what a rip off...
      02-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hj058 View Post
than i should feel lucky than..but i just hear something about washer fluid last night too about MCL porsche. My friend's aunt owns a cayenne and when she brought car there for service they are charging her 100 dollars plus tax for washer fluid top up..what a rip off...
Paying 60 bucks for washer fluid is one thing, but 100 bucks? that's another story wow.. 100 bucks..that's like two full bags of groceries for a quart of liquid soap.
      02-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
jjy2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

thanks alot for all your helps.
Turns out they agreed with me and decided to give me a 50% discount. I agreed since it was fine.
Again i appreciate all the suggestions.
Case closed.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy2 View Post
thanks alot for all your helps.
Turns out they agreed with me and decided to give me a 50% discount. I agreed since it was fine.
Again i appreciate all the suggestions.
Case closed.
It's good that they came around finally.
      02-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
Well Marbled
And slathered in sauce.
Rep
Drives: Like an escaped convict.
Location: Just off the information SuperHighway.I'm in the parking lot of the Strip Club w/ one of the dancers

Glad you got a resolution there.

A couple of those items in your subsequent posts had to do with the sales rep. THAT guy I would definitely hound.
I have a real issue with the "say anything to get the sale, we'll clean up the mess later" type of salesperson. Maybe it's because I'm in sales and I compete against people like that.

You promise, you better deliver.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #33
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

Sorry to hear that.
Hey guys, be nice to JJY2,
He is new here and tries to share his feeling.
One time, my friend has a Benz and went in for service under warranty.
They did not call him to authorize the work because Benz figures that you can afford it for sure and the bill was $600+
If you argue when pickup they will come up with all kind of excuses such as it’s for your safety and it must be fix without notify you.
Otherwise, they won't let you drive out without fixing.... BS
At the end, the customer has to pay.

You know they make you sign the service work order when you drop off the key.
Can you write down in WORDS that you will not pay for any unauthorize work when signing, will they accept?
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #34
rcube
Private
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy2 View Post
^
Not exactly. I have one small curb rash on my rim, which of course they can blame for me "going on to a curb", that is why i won't bother arguing about that claim because it's just gonna be a losing battle for me.
The main point is that i did not know what the alignment problem was, i simply said my car always goes to the left, and according to the sales manager that answered some of my questions after i picked up my car. It could be anything from bushing to rods to a lot of other things.
----
Yes I don't care if they put it on a machine to check it, I don't mind paying for any of that labour. It's just the fact that they did something to my car without authorization of payment, they should've informed me before that alignment problems are not covered by warranty, they should've informed me after the diag that it needed repairs which are not covered by warranty. What if next time they did +$1000 to your car and charged you for it? And you thought it would be covered by warranty. A mistake is a mistake, it doesn't matter if it's small or big.

My Ex-Audi Service Advisor informed me everytime when a payment was needed for a repair during my four years of FREE MAINTENANCE. This is why we have SAs to explain to us what the problem might be, because most people don't even know what alignment is, I used simple terms such as "car goes to the left", therefore in this case I could not possibly know that its not covered under warranty.

You think of this as the money issue, I think of it as being respectful and responsible to your customers.
ok you weren't very clear on if you actually damaged it or not. But if you had alignment problem right after you picked up the car, then it should be free.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #35
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Before I got my first BMW, an E46, a friend told me the key to being a happy BMW owner is to have a good after-market shop. I quickly found out how true that was.

It took my local Stealership 3 tries to diagnose and fix the clockspring (I told them it was the clockspring on the first visit), then they misplaced my car for a day, and they broke something else when they finaly fixed the clockspring. After complaining to BMW Canada, Stealership offered a free full-body-spa to make up for it, used the wrong product on the seats, left white residue all over. They offered to re-clean them, but I told the manager I'd rather Lexol them myself and be sure they are done right.

Yes, I'll let BMW give my E90 a free oil change, but I take it elsewhere for any non-warranty work (like the 1-3 oil changes between BMW's ridiculous service intervals). There is one really good after-market shop in Calgary (Sheni's), a couple in Toronto area....there must be at least 1 or 2 in the lower mainland.

I love my BMW, I do NOT love my BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0