E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > !!!07 E92 Smoking on Decel smells like burning plastic Help Please!!!

07-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
2blu4u
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego Blue 335i

!!!07 E92 Smoking on Decel smells like burning plastic Help Please!!!

ok been overseas for about a year, got back home in june where my car had been in storage. Just before I put it in storage last year I had both Turbos replaced and replaced all the vacuum lines, Valve cover and gasket, installed RB PCV valve and RB cap on the new valve cover, cleaned the valves and changed the oil, did a bunch more but nothing really relevant to the issue. since ive been back home ive ran more than a few tanks of gas out of it, in addition to that in the past I was running a wedge e85 race flash just before I left, I'm full catless, recently my wife and I moved to West Palm Beach Florida and after the drive down here through multiple storms I noticed a thick white smoke that smelled like burning plastic, immediately I freaked because it did the same when the turbos went out, even the very next morning I got the "Half Engine Power" the oil was also really low so I added about a quart and a half ( I also run JB4) so I reset it and all was fine drivability wise but I still continues to smoke when Ive driven it for a while, its really noticeable on deceleration when coming up to a stop light. ive looked at everything I can at this point since I no longer have a lift to use. I thought maybe it sucked up a lot of water. It hasn't been loosing oil since ive added and Ive driven it about a 1000 miles within the last week. I thought maybe Valve Stem Seals which will suck since I wont be able to do it myself at this point. Has anyone else had this problem that might be able to point me in the right direction??? maybe an Exhaust Leak?? This car is driving me crazy with the amount of money ive spent on engine and drivetrain upgrades.... hopefully this is something simple....thanks all
      07-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
335socal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 335 coupe

Did you put some fuel stabilizer before leaving it?
Appreciate 0