E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sold the 335 Touring and bought an X5....

02-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #45
charliesum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

hope all well with the new addition (s) mate
have some black grills for x5 if you want them!
      02-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #46
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesum View Post
hope all well with the new addition (s) mate
have some black grills for x5 if you want them!
I like the "addition(s)" quote matey, very clever!! Over the moon with Jack and happy with the X5.
To be honest the X5 is purely for the family and as much as its pretty much fully loaded with all the toys (Heads Up Display, Pan Roof etc etc) its never going to enthrall me the way my other cars in the past have done. I mean lets face it its a whole different kettle of fish. But it is nice to be sat up high again, see the road ahead clearly and let the car almost drive itself! I also think the X5 is quite a handsome car and i hope i can fiddle with it a little and make it look a little more special and unique without ruining the look etc. I certainly dont want to "pimp" it in anyway - hence why i am still totally unsure which rims to go with - i like the look of some of the 22" wheels but i dont want it to look too oversized - the BMW 21" rims are almost perfect in my opinion so if i can find a set of those (ideally 2nd hand) then i will definitely go with that option.
As for the grilles - im not sure about black grilles on anything other than a black X5 - i think i will try something a little different with the grilles and colour code the outer edge and leave the fins as they are - we shall see!!!