E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > "mixture control" code and wet #6 plug

12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

"mixture control" code and wet #6 plug

Posted this in maintenance but haven't got any replies yet... just looking for comments

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779239

I am hoping that this is an anomaly and the car will start running right, but what am I looking at if it doesn't? My reading (my shop manual just showed up a couple days ago) says that if I replace a fuel injector that it has to be coded in, doesn't really sound like a DIY job...?

I haven't driven the car enough to 100% say that the code hasn't come back. I did dump a large bottle of Techron in the tank and then fill up with Shell 93...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wet spark plug is a sure-fire sign of a bad injector. You will need to have the new injector flow coded into the DME, but the physical work is definitely a DIY. You can also get an INPA cable and code the DME injector values yourself.
      12-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

That's what i was afraid of. I am driving it to work still as my buddy still has my Jeep so that'll give the Techron a chance to work its way through - will check #6 again on Sat. if it is nice out and if it's still wet I guess I will have to spend more money. I don't know if I am comfortable trying to code on this car without someone who knows what they're doing looking over my shoulder, anyone local to DIA reading this?

The car does feel better although I have been getting on it every now and then (purely in the interest of troubleshooting, mind you <g>) and it does seem that the surging is much improved but I think I can still detect it. It might be completely unrelated though - I'm sure I'm due for a walnut blast as well. I *am* trying to pick away at all this stuff and hopefully end up with a sweet running car...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
vertigo44
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i Coupe

I think you and I are in the same boat. I am having what i believe to be an injector issue on #6 but don't have the software to code it. I have the injector waiting to be installed though. My car is behaving exactly as you describe. Good luck!
Appreciate 0