E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rear window trim....anybody else struggle?

09-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
bmw335ie90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Rear window trim....anybody else struggle?

The lower window trim on my car was falling apart so i decided to replace it. I bought only the lower trim as thats all that was bad at the time. I remove the old trim, remove all the glue and clean the windshield as best I could so the new trim would stick. Before putting on the new trim i wiped the window down with some alcohol to make sure it would stick well. Apply the new trim....and guess what, the edge dont stick. I decided to say screw it, and buy all new trim upper and lower. I removed all the trim clean and apply. Lo and behold, none of the edges stick again....I put some super glue in the corners and stick a wooden pencil in to hold it in place as it dries, seemed to work okay. The lower trim wont stick no matter what glue i stick on the trim, this piece of shit looks worse now than it did before. I ran into similar problems with my front and rear window trim on my e39. Am I just retarded and putting this trim on incorrectly, or do you guys also struggle with this?

Last edited by bmw335ie90; 09-11-2018 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0